V. Dundee 20Th December

thebiglemon

Ok ok I was made to eat my words to an extent. Yes he scored from 2 yards out but what else did he do in the game. first half continually gave the ball away and second half after the goal i don't think he touched the ball.

Again I fail to understand why Archie didnt use his other two subs? It slows down the play and frustrates the opposition. He made the same error at hamilton when he failed to bring frans on. Higgy looked shattered with 15 to go. Really don't understand it!

• Like 1

Ok ok I was made to eat my words to an extent. Yes he scored from 2 yards out but what else did he do in the game. first half continually gave the ball away and second half after the goal i don't think he touched the ball.

Again I fail to understand why Archie didnt use his other two subs? It slows down the play and frustrates the opposition. He made the same error at hamilton when he failed to bring frans on. Higgy looked shattered with 15 to go. Really don't understand it!

It's a rule of the forum that you can't criticise the manager. People that don't go to the games will be along to flame you.

Archie gets it right in a few games but he make bad mistakes as well.

That should have been an easy win by a couple of goals today.

The problem was who do you bring on, Lawless is lightweight when in situations where we've not got much of the ball & he's the obvious choice to come on. Stevenson probably should have stayed on with Doolan coming on for Higgy & playing on the wing. Or bring Wilson on for Craigen, no point having him on the bench every week & not bringing him on when the team could do with some fresh legs.

As a manager with a one goal lead and10 minutes to go, not having used any of your subs I guess you change your striker.

Can anybody please explain to me how that can the help the team?

I know the issue is the players on the park but I am sorry but the manager is still not learning.

• Like 1

Why take off our best player today, he didn't look tired or injured

Why change our midfield surely we have a player that can play left back rather than change our midfield three

The equaliser we could all see it coming

We drop deeper, we lose our shape, we panic, composure goes out the window

It's happening far too often Archie really has got to address this

It's a rule of the forum that you can't criticise the manager. People that don't go to the games will be along to flame you.

Archie gets it right in a few games but he make bad mistakes as well.

That should have been an easy win by a couple of goals today.

I'm not sure anybody has ever actually said you can't criticise the manager. Whenever criticism has appeared, a selection of fans, myself included have stated their opinion. This just happens to be being unable to understand why you'd want to get rid of a manager when we're currently in a better position than we have been since I have supported Thistle. From the criticism and support camps, there are some fans who are more constructive than others.

Yes he makes mistakes, but he's still learning. One thing I have always valued is giving managers sufficient time as continuity is incredibly important. I have always though that sacking managers for the sake of a "bounce" doesn't work and is just costly. First the new man gets a new coaching team, then they need to get their own players in. The risk when selecting a new manager is tremendous, and I'd rather carry on with Archie who is always improving (we are set to finish higher up the "pyramid" than last year, to me that's progress) and has the dressing room morale as high as it was under Lambie I reckon, than risk getting in an unknown.

It sounds like incredibly bad luck for Conrad (and so for the team and fans), and poor finishing.

Doolan is the best striker we have, yet he's being left out in the cold by Archie. Wouldn't Doolan probably have scored a couple of those chances yesterday?

Don't know.

Would Doolan have put in the cross for the goal that we did score?

Don't know.

It sounds like incredibly bad luck for Conrad (and so for the team and fans), and poor finishing.

Doolan is the best striker we have, yet he's being left out in the cold by Archie. Wouldn't Doolan probably have scored a couple of those chances yesterday?

The answer is no. All the chances were for midfield payers running on to balls set up to hit on the edge of the box. I like Dools but that's not his game.

Does that mean that our principal game plan is one that has no place for a recognised striker?

It's beginning to look a bit like that - we certainly don't make many penalty box chances. Fraser had four shooting chances in the second half and the goal came from a Stevenson cut back to Craigen who made a typically good late run but untypically scored. Stephen O'Donnell made a good run down the right wing and put in what would have been a dangerous cross had there been a Thistle player within 20 yards of the box.

Post-match stats:

• Thistle's alternating outcome sequence stretches to 24 competitive games in a row.
  • Steven's run of 22 consecutive apearances (20 competitive) come to an end.
  • Abdul is now "last man standing" with 21 consecutive competitive apearances.
  • Following his great news from the day before, Kris Doolan makes his first appearance as a father. :D
  • Thistle make a single substitution for the first team since 1st March 2014 when we also drew 1-1 (away to Ross County).
  • With his goal, James Craigen becomes the first Thistle player to be honoured with the "Big Shout Out" over the tannoy.
  • Conrad becomes the first Thistle player to be "credited" with an own goal this season. The last man to do so was James Craigen who got the "winner" in a 3-2 defeat at home to Ross County on 10th May 2014.
  • In matches where both teams have scored, this is the first time Thistle players have scored all the goals since we beat Dunfermline 5-1 on 10th November 2012. Conrad scored that day too - for the good guys! Aaron Muirhead was the unfortunate on that occasion.

• Like 1

Post-match stats:

• Thistle's alternating outcome sequence stretches to 24 competitive games in a row.
  • Steven's run of 22 consecutive apearances (20 competitive) come to an end.
  • Abdul is now "last man standing" with 21 consecutive competitive apearances.
  • Following his great news from the day before, Kris Doolan makes his first appearance as a father. :D
  • Thistle make a single substitution for the first team since 1st March 2014 when we also drew 1-1 (away to Ross County).
  • With his goal, James Craigen becomes the first Thistle player to be honoured with the "Big Shout Out" over the tannoy.
  • Conrad becomes the first Thistle player to be "credited" with an own goal this season. The last man to do so was James Craigen who got the "winner" in a 3-2 defeat at home to Ross County on 10th May 2014.
  • In matches where both teams have scored, this is the first time Thistle players have scored all the goals since we beat Dunfermline 5-1 on 10th November 2012. Conrad scored that day too - for the good guys! Aaron Muirhead was the unfortunate on that occasion.

Love reading these the day after a game, absolutely superb.

I'm sure someones asked this before but how do you get these facts?