Thistle V Accies

Mediocre Pundit

Right, I'm excited. I've tried to avoid reading this forum too much in case it ruins my strange (mostly unfounded) sense of optimism, but I haven't been to Firhill in ages (trying to work this out - I don't think I've made a game since the Friday night shambles against St Mirren...) and given I have a quiet week at work this week I've booked my flight home for tomorrow night rather than Thursday.

So what can we expect on Wednesday night? My head tells me it will be ******* freezing, a low crowd, poor atmosphere and a stale game - probably a 1-1 draw. But my heart tells me that Thistle fans will make every effort to get to the game, realising that the players need support now more than when things are all going right; the North Stand will be loud, the atmosphere helped by the floodlights through light mist on a cold January evening. Thistle will come out fired up after Saturday, pushed on by the noise of the crowd, playing good football and creating chances. We'll score. We'll win. We'll celebrate. We'll do it as a team - players and fans all pulling in the same direction, all striving for the same result.

We got this?

• Like 9

Got to be 100% up for the match, to beat Hamilton will take real grit - although they seem to be lacking since Neil left. Bannigan is out suspended.

I'd go for:

Gals

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne Keenan

Fraser Osman

McDaid Stevenson Higginbotham

Eccleston

If O'Donnell is injured then Elliot RB but I don't think he was, he had a terrible game and got hooked. Doolan has been poor all season and Stevenson has to play in midfield, so time Eccleston gets a start - did very well running through for his chance and almost put it away (can hardly blame him considering lack of game time). Lawless had a poor game so Higgy deserves a start in his place. Frans/ Seaborne is a must.

Edited by read'n'yell

Archie saying on BBC that SOD hooked because he was injured. Don't know if he's available for Accies game but would leave us with only Keenan as a regular full back. That said, Frans in for Conrad and we're already looking stronger at the back.

Higgy on the left and has to give Lawless a go on the right. Lawless had an off-day on Saturday but was stuck out on the left against Dave Mackay who was having a decent game. McDaid coming on as impact sub.

With SOD out and Elliot a doubt apparently, it'll be a depleted backline that we have to go with by the looks of it. I'd rather avoid Balatoni playing RB. Potential for a 3-5-2 maybe?

Gallacher

Balatoni Frans Seaborne

Osman

Higgy Bannigan Fraser Lawless

Stevenson

Doolan

Realise that doesn't offer much cover on the flanks and if Bannigan and/or Fraser don't make it then it would almost be impossible to fill that midfield unless Craigen comes in for one of them, but might be worth looking as a makeshift alternative?

Wouldn't mind this tonight. Wingers will have to put in a big shift to make up for the lack of full backs. Obviously not ideal but we have to work with what we have available to us. Would like Lawless playing through the middle as he is wasted out wide

Gal

Balatoni Frans Seaborne

Osman

Mcdaid Fraser Stevenson Higgy

Lawless

Eccelston