Thistle V Accies

Mediocre Pundit

Well thought that was that, but no. Lawless hit a shot just wide in the 1st half, I jumped up cos I thought it was in, on landing I turned round and was hit squarely in the nose and caught the fecking ball again. If you have recorded highlights you will see, guy with white jacket on, lol

Shooting practice for Lawless or do you think he might just have been aiming at the geezer in the white jacket? :D

• Like 1

At times it felt as if Welsh was trying too hard to show he was back to full fitness, going for tackles that there was no need to put in.

It hadn't generally been a tough game and i thought the ref handled it well, so much so that i wan't noticing an abundance of fouls.

Welsh came on and within 10 minutes he'd been involved in 3 or 4 tackles that he probably didn't need to make. and every time he came away from a tackle, he seemed to be hurt in some way.

Case in point, the challenge with Imrie in our box, he turned away as if he'd dislocated his shoulder.

This wasn't a game that was being scrapped out in the middle of the park. Craigan and Osman had bossed it and we had been playing the ball comtinually out wide, so why was he even flying into challenges in his first run out?

• Members

That's the way Welsh plays though PT. The injury that seems to have caused the damage, didn't come about as the result of a challenge he was making, but as he was looking to play a pass. A poor challenge from behind that he had no chance of avoiding and worse than the challenge that Higgy got booked for!

• Like 2

That's the way Welsh plays though PT. The injury that seems to have caused the damage, didn't come about as the result of a challenge he was making, but as he was looking to play a pass. A poor challenge from behind that he had no chance of avoiding and worse than the challenge that Higgy got booked for!

Aye that old bugbear inconsistency once again.

Made it clear on another thread I don't like Thomson that much as I find him a centre of attraction type ref. He usually appears to know better than the linesmen who he normally ignores apart from offside and out of play decisions.

I would tho' highlight a difference between Thomson and Collum. When Stevenson was fouled in the second half he kinda half reacted to the challenge. Thomson waited a good few seconds, called him and the Accies player over and gave them both an earful. No yellows. The Wee Dictator on the other hand would've probably booked both players and certainly Ryan seconds after the foul.

I guess that is what following Thistle is all about...hot and cold! A cold Winter night and I almost didn't go...but we were smokin' hot. Once we scored, we gained in confidence and Hamilton crumbled. We played some really good stuff with great movement, invention and pace and the 5 goal margin didn't flatter us. It confirmed what I have thought this season - at our best, we are certainly good enough to be towards the top of the League.

Fine performances all round and delighted for Dools - the Shout Out for the first was for Ryan Stevenson and I didn't realise he had scored 4 until I got back to the car. They mentioned it was the classic hat trick + 1...right foot, left foot, back heel and header. The third & fourth were collectors' items.

I have always been a big fan of Stephen O'Donnell. He had his usual daft moments early on but he caused them all sorts of problems - good to see our £30,000 rated full back running their £2.3m full back ragged.

Only downside was seeing Sean Welsh hobbling after what looked like a raking challenge on the back of his leg. Really felt for the lad.

Sorry to be a pedant and all that but I don't think it was a classic hat trick.

I was immediately behind the net for his first and was sure he hit it with his left foot as he did the second. Highlights on Alba are difficult to make out but thought they showed the same. Happy to be proved wrong, he can score however he wants

• 2 years later...

I was so sure I was at this game, I remember it as though I was in the North Stand. I just ran the IP tool on the posts I made during the game and it shows I posted from my old house in Southampton. I guess I just watched Doolan's goals so many times I felt as though I was there.