Thistle V Accies

Mediocre Pundit

Elliot was terrific, what an athlete. If SOD goes then I think Elliot could easily becoming our new rampaging full back.

No failures tonight, big Frans and Seabourne strolled it, SOD did what he does best.

Doolan and Stevenson are brilliant together and wee Lawless never stops.

Higgy looked much like the old Higgy.

Only down side was Welsh. Heartbreaking for the guy as once again he was the victim of a bad tackle. Tried to play on but hobbling badly at the end. Hope it's just an ankle knock and nothing else. Poor guy must be feeling sick.

F*** sake, what else can go wrong for Welsh? Is it his style of play? I remember in the first division and the start of last season he seemed to ride a lot of tackles and often carry the ball when a pass was on and an opponent bearing down on him. Perhaps at this level this puts you more at risk of being injured?

I excitedly await all the people whose faces were tripping them on the St Johnstone thread coming home to give the team and the manager the praise they are so rightly due.

We're you at the game tonight PGB/Tricky?

Thought you'd have scrambled your password again?

Credit where's it due. After a sticky opening 10-15 mins we dominated.

A striker playing in a striking position & having someone close enough to link with him along with a couple of quality deliveries = goals.

Doolan deservedly MotM but as someone who isn't Elliot's biggest fan the guy outstanding (again) at left back. One challenge first half when still 0-0 I think when he covered from full back across into centre half position to tackle... Looked like he'd been playing there all his career. His jersey to lose now definitely.

Finally, as good as tonight was it just reflects even more so how poor Saturday was.

Consistency the key & that's not always down to the players on the park.

F*** sake, what else can go wrong for Welsh? Is it his style of play? I remember in the first division and the start of last season he seemed to ride a lot of tackles and often carry the ball when a pass was on and an opponent bearing down on him. Perhaps at this level this puts you more at risk of being injured?

I was thinking similar during the game, he does seem to draw fouls with the way he plays, and often bad ones.

Genuinely gutted for him, hope its a just a simple sore ankle knock.

Got to be 100% up for the match, to beat Hamilton will take real grit - although they seem to be lacking since Neil left. Bannigan is out suspended.

I'd go for:

Gals

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne Keenan

Fraser Osman

McDaid Stevenson Higginbotham

Eccleston

If O'Donnell is injured then Elliot RB but I don't think he was, he had a terrible game and got hooked. Doolan has been poor all season and Stevenson has to play in midfield, so time Eccleston gets a start - did very well running through for his chance and almost put it away (can hardly blame him considering lack of game time). Lawless had a poor game so Higgy deserves a start in his place. Frans/ Seaborne is a must.

I think Balatoni would get completely done as right of a back three. I'd like to see

Gals

Elliott Frans Seaborne Lyndsey

Wilson Osman

Higginbotham Stevenson McDaid

Eccleston

The back four are solid and have one purpose and that is to not conceed any goals. Two midfielders helping them out also (Wilson looked quite a tidy player against StJohnstone). Let the front four do their thing, get balls forward quickly and hope for defensive errors and spaces for a very fast forward four to exploit. Playing tippy tappy won't work tonight. I actually think my side could very well win the match, good balance, strength in defence, speed in attack.

EDIT: totally forgot Elliot is duffed tonight. Keenan or Lyndsey (which ever is more comfortable) in at RB if that is the case.

Gallacher, O'Donnell, Seaborne, Craigen, Doolan, Stevenson, Lawless, Frans, Elliott, Higginbotham, Osman.

From twitter. Would like to of seen Eccleston, Doolan has done nothing all season. Glad Higgy and Frans are back.

LOL...thank god you don't pick our team!

• Like 2

Fantastic performance alround, special mention to Stevie lawless who was brilliant today. Kept the ball well, provided assists, skinned the right back all game and unfortunate not to get a goal.

I think Christies perfect for the left back role, ok he may be right footed but he's got pace, can tackle and is physical and fit enough to do a job running up and down as a wing back.

Stevenson was excellent again in the attacking midfielder role, truly a changed player.

Not even the hamilton neds at the end of the game could ruin the night although it is a shame that a family club is being ruined by a group of twenty or so bams dressed in stone island gear shouting abuse at random strangers and kicking police cones. How sad.

• Like 1

A brilliant performance against a top 6 side, where we've played them off the park and could have scored more than we did. Everyone played well. Stevenson now cementing his reputation as a good signing after a slowish start. Higgy was approaching somewhere near the player of last season. We kept getting to the byeline on both sides, cutting through them with fast, incisive and clever football.

Elliot does look pretty comfortable at LB. And as for Dools....

I'd also point out that this was all acheived with Elliot and Craigen playing the full 90!

Enjoying a wee single malt.

Well after being one of the few that mentioned giving Christie an elongated run at left back after his great 2nd half display at Fir Park, tonight really proved that he can do a job at full back for the club. He has the engine to replace SOD (if he goes) or ATS. That was awesome tonight. What a difference Frans and Seaborne make when they play together. Defence was rock solid. Surely with the games we have coming up, we can go on a run now. Despite Doolans magnificent 4 tonight I thought Stevo was the MOTM. It's hard to believe that this is the same guy that was getting pelters a few months back. Just a mention for James Craigen tonight. The wee fella isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he doesn't hide and he put some shift in tonight. One of our best performances over the last 3 years. Just a pity the attendance was very poor!

LOL...thank god you don't pick our team!

Do you have a crystal ball? I'm not sure what your point is quoting my team. Nobody knew what was going to happen tonight. Doolan hasn't played that well all season (don't think many will deny that) so I think it was legitimate to say Eccleston deserves a chance, but obviously Archie still wanted him to play and I'm glad - great performance to score four goals. Dools tends to go on scoring sprees so this will hopefully kick start his season again.

Great all round performace. The difference having Frans is huge and Stevenson was phenomenal - best player on the park. Higgy gives a real energy and spark that we were needing. Craigen takes a lot of stick and he even played very well, having Bannigan not playing has highlighted what I have always had a concern about, that he is too negative and slow. I like him but hopefully today shows Archie that speed is everything and get Bannigan into that frame of mind he had a couple of seasons back to drive forward.

Well after being one of the few that mentioned giving Christie an elongated run at left back after his great 2nd half display at Fir Park, tonight really proved that he can do a job at full back for the club. He has the engine to replace SOD (if he goes) or ATS. That was awesome tonight. What a difference Frans and Seaborne make when they play together. Defence was rock solid. Surely with the games we have coming up, we can go on a run now. Despite Doolans magnificent 4 tonight I thought Stevo was the MOTM. It's hard to believe that this is the same guy that was getting pelters a few months back. Just a mention for James Craigen tonight. The wee fella isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he doesn't hide and he put some shift in tonight. One of our best performances over the last 3 years. Just a pity the attendance was very poor!

Not everybody would agree with you, Lindau.

The fact is that neither Craigen and Elliott couldn't hold down a starting place in our first division team so it's no wonder they are out their depth with the likes of Balatoni and Bannigan struggling to make a mark.

I didn't think Elliott would come back from Albion Rovers never mind start games in the Premiership.

Craigen is Scotland's hide and seek champion. Mind you he played well against Celtic a year ago so he should be in the team every week.

Do you have a crystal ball? I'm not sure what your point is quoting my team. Nobody knew what was going to happen tonight. Doolan hasn't played that well all season (don't think many will deny that) so I think it was legitimate to say Eccleston deserves a chance, but obviously Archie still wanted him to play and I'm glad - great performance to score four goals. Dools tends to go on scoring sprees so this will hopefully kick start his season again.

Great all round performace. The difference having Frans is huge and Stevenson was phenomenal - best player on the park. Higgy gives a real energy and spark that we were needing. Craigen takes a lot of stick and he even played very well, having Bannigan not playing has highlighted what I have always had a concern about, that he is too negative and slow. I like him but hopefully today shows Archie that speed is everything and get Bannigan into that frame of mind he had a couple of seasons back to drive forward.

Can we persist with Dools for a wee bit longer ?

Yes, clearly.

Edited by read'n'yell