Thistle V Accies

Mediocre Pundit

5 min SPFL Highlights in downloadable mp4 1080p HD format with 'download now' orange button at http://www63.zippysh...ut%20Accies.mp4 *

1 hour highlights are to be available 'shortly' at http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b05065mf

At 00:46 in the SPFL highlights the first goal looks offside.

(* created by pointing

at
) Edited by afraser
  • Like 1

At this time, it seems to me that Christie can only be a stopgap: he had problems when trying to clear the ball from the corner, largely because he was uncomfortable with using his left foot. Dan supported him well, and it's noteworthy that he does clear the ball with his left foot when necessary. However, Christie is nothing if not assiduous, and he may work on that failing, as he has worked on others.

He assisted the fifth goal with a great left footed cross.

• Like 1

Fantastic result and team performance every single player with pass marks was delighted to see JC having a good game worked really hard and moved the ball well as for Elliot stepping into left back he was immense great in the tackle and strong going forward hopefully this is the lift the guys need to kick on, fingers crossed Welshy's isn't to serious but was still limping at the end of the game I'm not sure if he should have signalled to the bench to come off as a precaution but I suppose being out for so long he's tried to shake it off

The Glasgow Herald online report refers to the 'female assistant referee' and their decision for the first goal, as if the sex of the official has any consequence on their decision making ability. You may wish to complain. I have.

Still....5-0.

Wummin and the offside rule :ph34r:

Willie Collum proves it doesn't matter what sex you are when it comes to making the right decisions on a football field.

Great result last night for the Jags and not one for making any complaints and hopefully they can kick on from this.. :)

I am so glad that I never :

a slagged a manager who is doing a brilliant job against all odds

b said doolan was finished and should be replaced

c have spent endless hours complaining about Craigen

The guys did brilliant and hopefully we will now begin to see everybody get behind what is still a developing team put together on a shoestring budget and a young (but in my opinion pretty excellent) management team.

• Like 2

That was a fantastic game of football, played at a incessant tempo and with everyone in a Jags shirt fully committed, tackling hard and quick, and moving the ball early.

Doolan got the service he needs. I lost count the amount of times we got behind Hamilton out wide, with a big diagonal switch. Hamilton are so narrow at the back, it's defintely their weak point and we picked them off all night.

A special mention fior Doolan, he thrives on the ball coming in from out wide, when we've got in behind. If we don't get high enough up the park Doolan isn't the goal scorer we know he can be. We need to remember this.

Everyone was excellent, including Craigen. Elliot, Stevenson, Doolan were the stand outs for me.

• Like 1

Fantastic result and team performance every single player with pass marks was delighted to see JC having a good game worked really hard and moved the ball well as for Elliot stepping into left back he was immense great in the tackle and strong going forward hopefully this is the lift the guys need to kick on, fingers crossed Welshy's isn't to serious but was still limping at the end of the game I'm not sure if he should have signalled to the bench to come off as a precaution but I suppose being out for so long he's tried to shake it off

It looked to me that when about to bring Eccleston on, Archie asked Welsh if he was ok. He must be gutted. Every time he comes back, he lasts about 5 mins before someone clatters him.

See all this chat about the perfect hat-trick? I've just seen the pictures on the official site story and gone back to the highlights... Aren't the first three all scored with Doolan's left?

I think you're right!

Great excuse for going back and watching those highlights again. Can't stop grinning each time.

But that miss by Stevenson..... :o

See all this chat about the perfect hat-trick? I've just seen the pictures on the official site story and gone back to the highlights... Aren't the first three all scored with Doolan's left?

Yes they were - I was at the City End of the JHS and didn't even know that Dools had scored the first goal. It was on the Sportsound report that it was the classic hat-trick and in fairness to the reporting, Kris didn't contradict them when they mentioned this in his interview. Spoils a good story though!

Yip, I thought that too. I think the debate was whether the first was with his right or left - I'm sure it was with his left. The second definitely was, and the backheel looked like it too.

The Glasgow Herald online report refers to the 'female assistant referee' and their decision for the first goal, as if the sex of the official has any consequence on their decision making ability. You may wish to complain. I have.

Still....5-0.

I looked at the video posted several times and it looks like Stevenson and Doolan are behind the defence with only the keeper in front. However both are onside when Lawless shoots and when Stevenson fires in the rebound Doolan is in line with him so can't be offside. It's actually hard to see exactly unless you play it a few times, Doolan is moving forward all the time so that he's just in front of the goal line when he touches it but he's in line with (maybe even a few inches behind) Stevenson for a split second when Stevenson shoots.

Either a brilliant decision by the lineslady or she thought Doolan didn't get a touch. Actually if an official isn't sure they should never give a free kick and let play progress. Too many officials make decisions when they don't have a good view and can't be really certain what happened.

BTW great to see the video - watching the goals when not freezing is a big bonus. Look forward to seeing them again tonight.

Edited by Mr Bunny