Kilmarnock V Thistle 24Th January

Jag

Well, after the euphoria of Wednesday night's performance, are we about to break our sequence and make it two in a row against the tractor drivers?

It will depends on which Thistle turns up but I'm expecting us to go out and make it a double for the first time.

Interested to see what Archie does with Bannigan and possibly Fraser available again. I suspect he will bring Banzo in and have Craigen and Fraser (if available) on the bench.

Frans and Seaborne playing in the centre of our defence will be key for us for the rest of the season if we are to break in to the top six. If they can keep together we have as much chance as those just above us.

If there's one team we really have deserved to give a doing to since our return to the top flight it's Kilmarnock. Even when they humped us 3-0@ Rugby Park earlier this season the result flattered them greatly. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me we've only beaten then once, hopefully, the team haven't been hitting the sauce since Wednesday and if there's any justice in the world we'll record our first back to back wins for ages!

Same team as Wednesday.

Bannigan was suspended, Craigen stepped up to the plate with his best performance in months. His jersey to lose.

Bannigan takes Welsh place on bench.

^^^^^ (barring any injuries) this.

Guaranteed Killie will strangle the life out of the game. Can we pop their non-footballing bubble?

killie will no doubt try make it a shitfest, but hopefully we can rise above their cloggers and get a goal or two first half or by early in second, open them up and make them come at us, where we can really expose and exploit them with our pace on the counter and see them off comfortably.

having said that, our consistent inconsistency formbook points to a draw or a defeat, and with killie on a bad run, its set up for killie to get one or three points from this game.

time to buck the trends jags, and put these tractor boys below us in the league.

Wednesday was great; the whole team was excellent. However we're Thistle. We're not consistent. We do things the hard way. It will probably be the same tomorrow.

The players don't mean to be inconsistent. I'm sure they always try their hardest; that level will differ week on week based on fitness, luck etc... But they always try. They rarely hide. That's all we can really ask.

And the fans? We can - we do - influence events on the pitch. One Thistle. I can't make it tomorrow but I hope, from the off, the fans are vocally behind the players. It's when something goes wrong that you most need that bit of support. I hope those who can make it give it everything tomorrow. Have a great day. Bring back the 3 points.

We got this.

• Like 2

A win tomorrow would be the most significant result since we got promoted outwith the Hearts game. I think finally winning back to back is huge and in the more immediate term it will firmly set us looking at teams ahead rather than behind.

Has to start the same team. Even Craigen - he was very positive and covered the whole pitch. While not as good as Fraser or Banzo he certainly did more than required against Hamilton.

Stop Eremenko and you stop Kilmarnock.

Stevenson had a very poor game against Killie back in September. Knowing his allegiance to Ayr I'd been hoping he'd have been fired up. Anyway he's a totally different player these days. Higgy and Seaborne both went off injured in that game too. So perhaps stillresigned has a point about the 0-3 being overinflated.

Hopefully the plastic pitch isn't too much of an advantage to the home side. Well, hopefully it isn't an advantage at all.

Depends if you are having a drink/something to eat prior to the game but trains leave Central at xx12 and xx42 for Kilmarnock - journey takes 40 mins or thereabouts.

As an aside the 1312 train runs through to Carlisle just in case you are looking for a "Kilmarnock" destination.