Rescheduled Celtic Game

GinolasBald

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I was looking on the ticket site and noticed that there is an option, albeit unavailable to purchase tickets for, for the Celtic game, which I'm assuming is the rescheduled game from New Year's Day.

It's saying that it is the 25th February, with a 5.30 kick-off. Not heard any confirmation of this before, and surely it can't be a 5.30 kick off on a Wednesday night? Is this just a technical error or does anyone know if it will actually be on this date?

I've just called the club to find out the date of the game as I have tickets but its unlikely that I will be able to make the game. It hasn't been arranged yet and they couldn't say when its likely to be announced as that's down to the SPFL. Just said to keep eyes on the website.

I've just called the club to find out the date of the game as I have tickets but its unlikely that I will be able to make the game. It hasn't been arranged yet and they couldn't say when its likely to be announced as that's down to the SPFL. Just said to keep eyes on the website.

Diplomatic answer from the Club but we all know it's down to Celtic.

From the official site

The game against Celtic, originally due to be played on New Year's Day, has been rearranged for Wednesday, February 11 and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports with a 19:45 kick off.

Should the Scottish Cup tie against Inverness on the 7th February be postponed, or end in a draw, the replay date is Tuesday 10th February and that would take precedence over the Celtic game.

Anybody who still has their ticket from the abandoned match should keep hold of it as it will still be valid for the rearranged fixture.

Sorry to contradict you, but have a look at all games played on the evening of Tuesday 9th December 2014.

Just been trying to check the rule. Certainly not allowed to play top flight league games on Champions League nights. None of those games on 9th Dec involved top flight clubs so not sure if it applies to the Cup games or not. Ridiculous rule anyway.

Link from Official site . Celtic game 11th Feb but will be postponed if ICT Cup game is a draw...replay date 10th Feb which will take precedence over league game.

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...rranged_fixture

Fair enough, that's conclusive.

My sincerest apologies to both Thornwood Jag and Duck Snort for my previous posts.

Ridiculous rule anyway.

Absolutely ridiculous. I´m not sure if that rule still applies when knock-out ties come. I mean, with the second round matches spread all around four Tuesdays and four Wednesdays for tv purposes, there is only March 3rd & 4th available for us poor clubs. I don´t know how can a re-scheduled match like, let´s say Ross C. v Thistle on March 11th, affect Chelsea v PSG on the same night.

Of.course it would weren't you aware of the huge following Ross County have in the West of London? Which would be sure to affect the crowd at Stamford Bridge.

I take it you're referring to the Dingwall Mallard Crew? Chelsea would be better off without them. Been giving that football club a bad name for years.

Agree it's a stupid rule where commonsense should prevail. But football authorities and commonsense don't make good bedfellows.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't be allowed to play it on the 17th/18th. There are Champions League games that night. UEFA rule.

Just been trying to check the rule. Certainly not allowed to play top flight league games on Champions League nights. None of those games on 9th Dec involved top flight clubs so not sure if it applies to the Cup games or not. Ridiculous rule anyway.

This is in no way intended as a comment against your observation, Duck snort, but the UEFA rule appears to be highly flexible given what's taking place in the East End tonight.

This is in no way intended as a comment against your observation, Duck snort, but the UEFA rule appears to be highly flexible given what's taking place in the East End tonight.

It's a cup replay, which is allowed to be played against UEFA CL. It's not allowed to be televised which is why there are little/no streams of the game floating about.