Higgy!

Lindau

Still struggling with injury or knows he ain't going to be here come August? Sadly I think I am going for the latter. Been dreadful this season. Really doesn't look that interested compared to last season. As someone else stated he appears to be missing his room mate Lyle. All I ask from Jags players is that they try their best and give 100% in every game. Sadly this hasn't applied to Higgy in most games I have seen this season. It wouldn't surprise me if he has signed a contract with someone else for next season (Hearts already been rumoured in certain places! )

Edited by Lindau

I think we are now seeing why Higgy is not at a bigger club already. Not interested. Flashes of brilliance, then can't be arsed.

We took a gamble on him when we signed him, he did us a turn, but now he is just lazy.

Think it's harsh to blame Archie for Higgy's lack of concentration and motivation. But of course everything is his fault.

Hearts would be mad to offer him a deal based on his current performances.

• Like 1

He has zero confidence. That's more obvious to me than him not being arsed. He has his head in his hands with frustration a couple of times last night.

That said, last night he was rank rotten. I have also noticed the rest of the team aren't passing to him so much.

• Like 1

I think we are now seeing why Higgy is not at a bigger club already. Not interested. Flashes of brilliance, then can't be arsed.

We took a gamble on him when we signed him, he did us a turn, but now he is just lazy.

Think it's harsh to blame Archie for Higgy's lack of concentration and motivation. But of course everything is his fault.

Hearts would be mad to offer him a deal based on his current performances.

Higgy was summed up last night after being subbed when he went straight down the tunnel instead of watching the game out like Abdul did. Brilliant player when on form but by no means a team player, it's all about him. Sad to say as he has undoubted ability but as noted above lacks the motivation/ attitude to do it consistently this season.

Any player needs support from those that compliment them. Last season Higgy was at his best when Erskine was at the club, together they stretched teams and made gaps for the other to exploit. As has been discussed we are quite a slow team now and I think Higgy struggles with this.

If that was the case, why hasn't he produced anything this year, cos lawless has been our spark this year and Higgy should be producing something on the other side of the pitch. Higgy is a one man band most of the time. Instead of trying the easy thing at times he tries too hard to produce a piece of magic, and as seen last night! he takes the hump when subbed. He is the only player this season to react the way he did last night by walking straight down the tunnel. That tells me he thinks more as a 1 man band than a team player.

• Like 1

I think Stevo is starting to dominate our attacking play at the expense of Higgy.

Booth and Higgy seemed at times to have a real understanding so maybe that will give him some one to play with. Mentioned before he is missing ATS so much and also Lyle Taylor. He's all about getting balls into the box and we have no one to target.

I'd lay off him a bit, he is still trying it's just not coming off for him.

Can't think of anything positive about Higgy last night. Then again I've rarely looked at him as the sort of player that can pick the rest of the team up when they're in the main not performing. Think he may have had a knock as he headed down the tunnel straight after being subbed but he was poor from the start so no real excuse.

Usually after a bad result I have swipe at the customary "scapegoat of the week" posters. Exception here as Higgy has not performed the least bit consistently for a good while. Never looking for too much in consistency from a wide attacker but even so I've really expected him, after getting back to full fitness, to have started kicking on from last season many weeks ago.

Regardless of his performance, he was far from alone last night in being off the boil. I don't worry too much about him not contributing to the team, either as a start or as an impact sub. Just expected a lot more from him this season. Time yet tho' I would be looking to give McDaid a start in the near future.

I hope whoever started the 'Higgy to Hearts' rumour on Fellow Jags Fans is pleased with themselves. The guy was copping enough stick prior to it, now it appears we have people lining up to crucify him.

Yes he was poor last night, but who wasn't? Booth, maybe Frans. I saw the usual "Higgy's a selfish *******" line trotted out last night. What's more selfish, his (unsuccesful) prodding or probing or Gary Fraser's ridiculously petulant 30-yard effort.

His performances towards the tail-end of last season meant expectations were high, but injury and loss of form are clearly taking their toll on him. His frustration is clear, but to say he's lazy or doesn't care is bollocks.

I hope whoever started the 'Higgy to Hearts' rumour on Fellow Jags Fans is pleased with themselves. The guy was copping enough stick prior to it, now it appears we have people lining up to crucify him.

Yes he was poor last night, but who wasn't? Booth, maybe Frans. I saw the usual "Higgy's a selfish *******" line trotted out last night. What's more selfish, his (unsuccesful) prodding or probing or Gary Fraser's ridiculously petulant 30-yard effort.

His performances towards the tail-end of last season meant expectations were high, but injury and loss of form are clearly taking their toll on him. His frustration is clear, but to say he's lazy or doesn't care is bollocks.

& what of his reaction to walk straight past the dugout & straight to the dressing room?

Injury? Frustration with his own poor performance?

Could have been any one of a few things, but this forum, in all it's wisdom, has decided it's petulance because of the 'contract rebel' guff that's spreading.

It's scapegoating.

Not disagreeing with that.

Disagree that he walks off & straight down to the dressing room.

If it was an injury he would more than likely have stopped & spoke with the physio. As it was, he seemed surprised he was getting subbed. Is that not petulance also then?

If it was an injury he would more than likely have stopped & spoke with the physio. Is that not petulance also then?

In his defence last night when he went straight up the tunnel he was followed by one of the back room team which would perhaps indicate he'd taken a knock.

Dunno, BGM, you tell me.

Dunno, BGM, you tell me.

It is.

Never stopped at the dug out, surprised at taken off, then a member of backroom staff went to follow him down.

So not the physio then?

Perhaps they had a message for him from the manager.?

Then again our manger passing on messages through the game?

Nah you're right Dark Pissinger.