Can I Be The First To Say.....

La Scimmia Rossa

Never saw the signing coming last January, thought he might sign in the summer and deffo never saw the signing coming now, though the amount of strikers Scunny have signed this month made me wonder. Magnificent work by Archie and the board.

Edited by Lindau

....STFU to the Archie critics. Great piece of business again in the transfer window. Up. Ye.

You trumpeted the signing of Eccleston on here as a suitable replacement for Lyle Taylor. I pointed out his rotten scoring record but you said that that he was a typical Thistle signing - a player with something to prove. What went wrong with him and Carroll?

Edited by kni

They weren't good enough. As I pointed out (numerous times) we still had this window to sort it out.

Still waiting on that evidence that I trumpeted Eccleston. Have you dug it out yet?

Either way, fancy discussing if we are a stronger team now than at any other time since we were promoted?

You and the other Archie critics have been left red faced. Utterly clueless.

They weren't good enough. As I pointed out (numerous times) we still had this window to sort it out. Still waiting on that evidence that I trumpeted Eccleston. Have you dug it out yet? Either way, fancy discussing if we are a stronger team now than at any other time since we were promoted? You and the other Archie critics have been left red faced. Utterly clueless.

I was a critic of our lack of scouting system, not the manager, subsequently confirmed by the Thistle Weir advertisement.

However, I seem to have confused you with our troll from the Directors' lounge.

Perhaps we should send Nathan on loan to a First Division club for half a season... Eccleston's never had to play at that level because there's always been a who think he's capable of more. That's resulted in him scoring more than double the number of League One goals Lyle has in less appearances. That's right...Lyle Taylor has 52 appearances and 2 goals in League One to his name. Eccleston has scored 6 goals in 49 appearances at that level.

Dark Passenger thought that Eccleston was better than Taylor! :lol:

Edited by kni

I was obviously putting a positive slant on his signing. You, on the other hand, had completely written him off before he'd even kicked a ball. There was no point in pining for Taylor.

You hadn't seen him play for Liverpool or Blackpool? Even on the telly?

Firstly commiserations to Nathan Eccleston. Sometimes things just don't turn out as we would want. Best wishes to him.

Let's be happy that a proven Jag is back.

Let's be happy

All of us

Just for a wee while.

Plenty of time to fight on Saturday.

• Like 2

Every transfer window that Archie has overseen as Jags manager has always left the squad in a stronger position.

No panic signings, sure some don't work out but that happens to the very best of managers.

I think one of Archie's strongest traits is his ability in the transfer market, which when you consider how long he's been a manager is pretty impressive.

Welcome back Lyle, now have a word with your mate Higgy to get the finger out!

• Like 4

To think Dundee got Heffernan and some unknown 18 year old Wolves full back, while we got Callum Booth and Lyle Taylor, makes me very happy tonight.

Also St Mirren losing McLean, Motherwell losing Ojamma, County way behind on points. Think we are in good stead to have a strong finish to the season, should aim for seventh now.

• Like 1