Ict Cup Game On Saturday

redandyellowarmy

Don't want to put any one off but our referee and likeliest star of the show is the one and only Mr William Collum. They're experimenting at all the Cup games with the vanishing spray for free kicks. You just know that of all refs Collum will draw the straightest and tidiest wee line before he does his customary ten struts.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Don't want to put any one off but our referee and likeliest star of the show is the one and only Mr William Collum. They're experimenting at all the Cup games with the vanishing spray for free kicks. You just know that of all refs Collum will draw the straightest and tidiest wee line before he does his customary ten struts.

Praying he turns the canister the wrong way and sprays it all over his wee greetin' face.

• Like 2

ten? more like 12/15 surely! :D

Only player in that line up I disagree with is Higgy. He's done nothing in recent times to merit a start.

McDaid or Elliot instead.

I said after the St. Mirren match that it was time to drop him for McDaid for a run of games, but with the signing of Taylor I've re-assessed. They had a terrific relationship last time around.

Higgy won quite a few corners and set up Stevenson and O'Donnell for our two most notable attempts at goal. If either of them hit the ball better and Higgy got the assist he wouldn't be getting slagged off.

I've said before, Higgy has an urgency and forces the team to play at a higher tempo. It isn't all coming off for him like it did last season but I maintain its because he hasn't had the support of Sinclair behind and Taylor in front (Booth and Taylor could really kick start his season). We also now have Stevenson who is dominating our attacks, so perhaps Higgy is less relied upon. In my opinion he is undroppable along with Stevo, Seaborne and Frans.

• Like 1

I think Booth will be cup-tied having been on the bench for the Hibs v Alloa game. Although he wasn't used, I still think that makes him cup-tied

Edit to add : I knew there was a case. Jamie Adams cuptied for QotS when on loan, having been an unused sub for Killie in a previous round of the Scottish Cup. QotS were fined, but knowing our luck we would be kicked out.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

I think Booth will be cup-tied having been on the bench for the Hibs v Alloa game. Although he wasn't used, I still think that makes him cup-tied

Edit to add : I knew there was a case. Jamie Adams cuptied for QotS when on loan, having been an unused sub for Killie in a previous round of the Scottish Cup. QotS were fined, but knowing our luck we would be kicked out.

Edit: You're right, DD.

The players in a team may be changed from match to match, but a club may not play, or list as a named substitute, any player who, in the same season, has already played, or been a named substitute, for another club in the Competition. (Rule 34.1 ( B ) refers).

Elliott in for Booth then, if he's fit. Bannigan or Keenan if he's not.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

God, let's hope our management team knows the rules.

Gallacher

O'Donnell --- Frans --- Seaborne --- Booth

Fraser --- Osman

Lawless --- Stevenson --- Higginbotham

Taylor

Fox, Balatoni, Bannigan, Craigen, Elliott, McDaid, Doolan.

Those 18 players look like they have the makings of a strong squad. With a few more on the fringes. Surely that's far too good to struggle in the bottom 6 for long?

With that team we should be looking for 7th with a cushion to 8th as a minimum (and really, given where we are, we won't get higher than that so we should stop talking about top 6 now) and an eye to building for next year - playing some more youngsters and scouting players to replace those we expect to lose. I'd be happy with that. And winning the Scottish Cup.

• Like 1

I'm actually beginning to look forward to this game as a win here could kick start what remains of the season. I won't make any vainglorious prediction of the result as I'm sure (as so often in the past) I'll make an ass of it.

Still we are more than capable of getting a result here.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it despite Friday. If it was a league match I wouldn't be that bothered, but imagine progressing and getting the winner of the Spartans/Berwick tie. You'd have an absolutely brilliant chance at a Scottish Cup semi-final.

The pessimistic side to me says with our cup record we'll either lose or win and get Celtic away in the quarters.

But I'm choosing to listen more to my optimistic side this week and cannot wait.

I want to make the trip down to Glasgow for this one but the referee in charge is putting me right off, I wouldnt recommend him as a ballboy !! Its time he was removed from the list of refs for senior games, a total numpty and a disgrace to the beautiful game !!

Edited: Perhaps a nationwide petition could be organised to have him removed !!

Edited by Harry Wragg
  • Like 1