Just In V Ict

angry gaz

Where do you start with that? Tactics , formation, team selection all wrong..LT and Dools on the bench and Stevo up front .....WTF???????? ,

Huge mistakes from the management team today and a lackluster performance from our creative players lead to the inevitable..

Hoofball , pointless crosses and hardly a ball played through the middle of the park all day lead to inevitable defeat.

I was banging on all week about how little we attack through the middle and this week was even worse,About the only time we went down the middle we scored.

Osman sat so deep he looks like hes in the back four.We really need to look at him and Banzo playing together in the middle it's leaving a huge space between the midfield and striker.

Higgy is a shadow just now and Gary F is stuggling too.

Lack of attack through the central areas and continually putting the ball wide is going drag us into a relegation battle.That reminded me of Hibs last season , we were that bad.

Archie needs a complete rethink of his tactics and formation or we are in big trouble.Been saying for a while our lack of a proper attacking central midfielder is going to cost us dear. Teams have sussed out how to defend against us the way we are playing.

• Like 1

^^^ first half was a shambles. Wrong team selection, very lacklustre and far too many errors. They could have been 5 up. A much better 2 nd half and a great save from their keeper cost us a draw. Higgy so out of form at the moment it's unreal. Taylor and Dools together looked a decent pairing.

Taylor has to start, so much better than what we have upfront. Stevo needs to play in midfield - he is so so much better there. Banzo needs dropped, he is far too negative. Play Osman and Fraser, one to tackle one to pass.

Quite a lot of dismal defending from our whole back four. Could of been 4 - 0 down at half time. Second half much better. Higgy completely off form but was getting doubled up on.

Column? What was he all about, few mind bogglingly terrible decisions.

Bad team selection cost us the game today.

What has happened to Bannigan? Higginbotham and Fraser are just terribly off form but Bannigan looks different - I always thought of him as a box-to-box midfielder with a great engine on him but he's far too negative and slows the play down too often. I'd rather start Wilson or Craigen right now and I never thought I'd say that, having previously been a huge fan.

Shocking Team Selection cost us this match,Do our Management Team learn anything,what has happened to Bannigan taking all the free/corner kicks.Ryan was taking everything today,our "Centre Forward" was never available to be on the end of anything.Very frustrated,another chance to do something thrown away,you wonder why the support are finding excuses not to go.

What has happened to Bannigan? Higginbotham and Fraser are just terribly off form but Bannigan looks different - I always thought of him as a box-to-box midfielder with a great engine on him but he's far too negative and slows the play down too often. I'd rather start Wilson or Craigen right now and I never thought I'd say that, having previously been a huge fan.

For me Bannagin's form together with Osmans positioning is our major problem just now.We have absolutely zero in the middle of the pitch. Archie talked about us switching play from one side of the pitch to the other in the ET after The STMirren game and I don't think that tactic is helping our attacking options either .

Make no mistake, if things don't change we are in big trouble.We need to get the passing shorter, get the midfield further forward and cut out the pointless crossing or we are gubbed.

Bannigan is off to Dundee Utd at the end of the season with O'Donnell.

I understood the thinking when I read the line-up - an extra body in midfield to counteract Inverness passing out from the back - presumably this worked a treat when we played up in Inverness but it went horribly wrong today.

Osman and Frans were slow and ponderous, unable to move the ball at a decent tempo and their distribution was mediocre - Big Freddie has been fine at dealing with long high balls but he was found out badly today with players running at him - a Piccolo-esque performance. We could easily have been 4 down at half-time as Inverness kept cutting through the centre of our midfield and defence.

What has happened to Banzo, Gary Fraser and Higgy? All three of them have special talent and have been a pleasure to watch but they contributed almost nothing worthwhile today - are they struggling with fitness or is it something else? Their confidence seems to have completely gone. It has been the same for several games now.

What position was Stevenson signed to play in? He was our striker today in preference to Doolan & Taylor but most of the first half drifted out to the right wing. He then drifted about on the left wing in the second half, contributing very little throughout. When he plays up front, we have nobody in the box...when he plays off the striker, our midfield is undermanned.

Why do none of our players look capable of picking up clearances/lay-offs on the edge of opposition box and hitting a decent shot? There have been numerous opportunites in the last two games - Craigen had yet another dreadful sclaff. but he's not the player I would have brought on to try and change the game...he has some footballing ability but is literally too light-weight to impose himself on a game.

The only positives - we dragged ourselves back into the game in the second half by force of will rather than good football...Seaborne & Elliot did ok...and Lyle Taylor looked very keen and scored an excellent goal from the only half decent pass he got.

The pitch is hard & bumpy but I don't recall a single decent passage of football from us all game...it was head tennis, square or back passes, slow build-up, nobody looking for the ball then hoofed in the middle...after two seasons of entertaining football, this was once again poor stuff...some people claim the stats show we are a better team but I'm beginning to fall out of love with this side.

The Stats certainly show we have a deplorable Cup Record - a Thistle fan on Pie & Bovril posted the Scottish & League Cup records of all the 20 Clubs who have played in the Top League over the last 20 years - we were bottom equal with Hamilton. A Home Tie today was a great chance to do better...

I understood the thinking when I read the line-up - an extra body in midfield to counteract Inverness passing out from the back - presumably this worked a treat when we played up in Inverness but it went horribly wrong today.

Osman and Frans were slow and ponderous, unable to move the ball at a decent tempo and their distribution was mediocre - Big Freddie has been fine at dealing with long high balls but he was found out badly today with players running at him - a Piccolo-esque performance. We could easily have been 4 down at half-time as Inverness kept cutting through the centre of our midfield and defence.

What has happened to Banzo, Gary Fraser and Higgy? All three of them have special talent and have been a pleasure to watch but they contributed almost nothing worthwhile today - are they struggling with fitness or is it something else? Their confidence seems to have completely gone. It has been the same for several games now.

What position was Stevenson signed to play in? He was our striker today in preference to Doolan & Taylor but most of the first half drifted out to the right wing. He then drifted about on the left wing in the second half, contributing very little throughout. When he plays up front, we have nobody in the box...when he plays off the striker, our midfield is undermanned.

Why do none of our players look capable of picking up clearances/lay-offs on the edge of opposition box and hitting a decent shot? There have been numerous opportunites in the last two games - Craigen had yet another dreadful sclaff. but he's not the player I would have brought on to try and change the game...he has some footballing ability but is literally too light-weight to impose himself on a game.

The only positives - we dragged ourselves back into the game in the second half by force of will rather than good football...Seaborne & Elliot did ok...and Lyle Taylor looked very keen and scored an excellent goal from the only half decent pass he got.

The pitch is hard & bumpy but I don't recall a single decent passage of football from us all game...it was head tennis, square or back passes, slow build-up, nobody looking for the ball then hoofed in the middle...after two seasons of entertaining football, this was once again poor stuff...some people claim the stats show we are a better team but I'm beginning to fall out of love with this side.

The Stats certainly show we have a deplorable Cup Record - a Thistle fan on Pie & Bovril posted the Scottish & League Cup records of all the 20 Clubs who have played in the Top League over the last 20 years - we were bottom equal with Hamilton. A Home Tie today was a great chance to do better...

Agree with most except Stevenson in my opinion was excellent second half. Was our hardest working player and one of the only ones (him and Taylor) that looked like they thought they could win it. The fans need to realize Stevo might not of been with us as part of the championship winning side but he is, without question, out best player since November,

Agree with most of what's posted above. Why not at least one out of Taylor or Doolan started is beyond me. Unless Archie went into the match looking for a replay in Inverness, but that's borderline insanity. Stevenson had little to no effect really - to sum it up he is a GOOD attacking midfielder but not a forward. He can help pressurise and help finish an attack, but can't play up the end of the park on his own.

What can you say?

Archie has some good qualities, brings in some very decent players on a shoestring and we have hammered a few teams this season. Infact, on our day we could hammer any team in Scotland (including Celtic)

But, there is something wrong somewhere, our style of play has (IMO) steadily has gone right down the pan this season. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes regarding players, but I do know that the way some of these "big time Charlies" are playing, that there will be no stampede to take them off our hands come the end of the season!

I truly believe that Archie tries his best for our club, wether or not his best will be ultimately be good enough remains to be seen. I for one hope it will be :)

J P Morgan was behind the Titanic sinking, everyone knows man never landed on the moon and what really did happen it that tunnel in Paris to Diana? but the Taylor Dools Conspiracy is the greatest of them all, a replay on Wednesday would have meant that two thousand pies would have went a begging.

So the run of no consecutive results ends in the worst way with back to back defeats. What has been most disappointing has been the way the quality of the football and the entertainment value has suffered recently (5-0 aside). The return of the big lump up the park has not been joyfull or productive.