The New South Stand

kji7

As we are all aware the south terrace (the bing) is a bit of a mess. I don't think we are going to kid ourselves that there is the money and/or demand for a new stand, however as part of a work project I have put something together for a bit of fun.

It is perhaps slightly ambitious, the curved glass spaceframe roof is not going to be cheap, nevertheless that is my vision for the John Lambie Stand.

arial%201_zpsvl0a2u9a.jpg

• Like 1

North stand is not half demolished just semi-erect. The image is taken from google earth when the north stand was just built and only spanned 2/3 the width of the pitch. and thanks to various 3d modellers leaving their work open to use by the public, the image is available for use by anyone.

I'd be quite happy if a 2000 seater stand was built at the South end and the back 2000 seats were taken out the JHS. Reducing the JHS to 4000 seats.

As you walk out the vomitorium, you'd be walking out to effectively the back row of the JHS.

I'd imagine a massive wall with two tiers of windowed hospitality and conference suites towering behind you as you walk out into the stand.

Pointless, of course, but equally as pointless as 6000 seats.

I'd be quite happy if a 2000 seater stand was built at the South end and the back 2000 seats were taken out the JHS. Reducing the JHS to 4000 seats.

As you walk out the vomitorium, you'd be walking out to effectively the back row of the JHS.

I'd imagine a massive wall with two tiers of windowed hospitality and conference suites towering behind you as you walk out into the stand.

Pointless, of course, but equally as pointless as 6000 seats.

Good point. In other words take some of the JH and turn it into a south stand :)

Have the Weirs agreed to the 20 million quid for people's Firhill Fantasies?

Seriously nice south stand, though.

Leave the JH stand alone; it's one of the best in Scotland!

It's ten to one on a Friday night!

Show me a jags fan who says they don't lie in bed dreaming of what they'd do with Thistle if they win the lottery, and I'll show you a liar.

If it's not that, it's dreaming up new strips!

• Like 1

Stadium_Rev_A.rvt_2014-Dec-03_10-16-36PM-000_3D_View_2_zpsekcabpkx.png

Much as I hate to be sitting at the fitba, I'd quite like to be sitting in a stand like that whilst the sun shines down on my baldy napper - failing that I'd quite happily stand in the pishing rain on a open concrete terrace like it was back in the day ... anything at all to rid us of the monstrosity at that end of the ground.

Nice one kj very creative - maybe we could get it for nowt if we apply to DIY SOS

Edited by gianlucatoni

Excellent piece of work kji7. Durham County Cricket Club got free seats from the Olympic Committee after the event, and used them to fill in (uncovered) the rest of their ground, which allowed them to host Test matches. I contacted Thistle to make them aware of this at the time, thinking that even if they could get some free seats they could install them without a roof (a la Inverness's stand!), and do the roof later. Never heard anything more.

North stand is not half demolished just semi-erect. The image is taken from google earth when the north stand was just built and only spanned 2/3 the width of the pitch. and thanks to various 3d modellers leaving their work open to use by the public, the image is available for use by anyone.

fair doo's

How much would it cost and can it be built in stages like the north was?....and could a fans collective help pay for it?

...im thinking as part of your project how much would fans have to raise to get it started? .......as id seriously chuck in a good amount snd im sure many other fans would too.

How much would it cost and can it be built in stages like the north was?....and could a fans collective help pay for it?

...im thinking as part of your project how much would fans have to raise to get it started? .......as id seriously chuck in a good amount snd im sure many other fans would too.

Yeah let's ask fans for donations after watching that nonsense and the last few weeks performances.

I'm not far from demanding my ticket money back from today let alone give the club more money.

I remember reading somewhere that for your bog-standard Legoland stand it costs one million quid per thousand seats.

The sad fact is, there is no sense at all in building a new stand at Firhill.

Even the PropCo plans of the recent past would be a bad idea, putting in flats as well as a small stand. This kind of piecemeal building will degrade the overall value of the land. It's already happened with the student flats being built.

Yesterday we were sitting in a stadium around three quarters empty. I don't think anything will change the downward gradient of attendances.

Scottish football needs to take a serious look at itself, and forget the halcyon days of yore when people didn't own televisions and there were no other options for entertainment.

A small, multipurpose stadium with an artificial all-weather pitch is what's needed. A centre that can host multiple sports to be of benefit to the community - football, rugby, hockey, whatever, maybe a swimming pool, etc. Some place that will be used all the time, all the year round. A grandstand with five thousand seats inside an indoor arena perhaps.