Christie Elliott

Hankey

Sometimes I think other fans can't be watching the same game.

Elliot contributes next to nothing. Then they have a go at Fraser for doing a few wayward passes.

Elliott was the direct cause of two goals today. Neither would of been conceded if Booth remained on the park. Two awful passes by Elliot.

But oh, he did two crosses all game. Elliot must start.

Clueless, absolutely clueless. Elliott should be no where near a premiership squad. He is a joke.

But he works hard so oh well. Maybe I'll call up Archie cause I'd work hard too. Doesn't matter I am not up to the minimum standard of the league.

So fed up of Elliot. I do think if Higgy started before him we would of won. Some people don't seem to be able to read a game beyond direct events. We had nothing on his wing.

I would rather have 11 Elliot's and get beat every week than some of those gutless, lazy ******** masquerading as players today.

If you're looking for a scapegoat for goals, how about those sissys too scared to try and tackle and act like men for the 2nd, 3rd and penalty and countless times during the game as they went by us like we weren't there.

Contrast with County at 3-1. We have a shot from the edge of the box and 3 players putting their bodies on the line. Where was that level of commitment from us?

Oh and it wasn't a few wayward passes from Fraser. It was every time he touched the ball. He was so bad I was desperate for Craigan to come on. His confidence might be shot, but that doesn't excuse pathetic effort.

I would rather have 11 Elliot's and get beat every week than some of those gutless, lazy ******** masquerading as players today.

If you're looking for a scapegoat for goals, how about those sissys too scared to try and tackle and act like men for the 2nd, 3rd and penalty and countless times during the game as they went by us like we weren't there.

Contrast with County at 3-1. We have a shot from the edge of the box and 3 players putting their bodies on the line. Where was that level of commitment from us?

Oh and it wasn't a few wayward passes from Fraser. It was every time he touched the ball. He was so bad I was desperate for Craigan to come on. His confidence might be shot, but that doesn't excuse pathetic effort.

Does talent count for nothing? Everything wrong with the Scottish game is summarised in your post.

I try to be neutral. But ******* honestly. Elliot? Joke.

Does talent count for nothing? Everything wrong with the Scottish game is summarised in your post.

Talent only counts when the player can be arsed to apply it, 5 or 6 today had that talent and couldn't be arsed, so I'll take a trier everyday over a petulant premadonna who can't be arsed to try or even pretend to look interested

Elliot has played well at times this season, including chipping in a number of goals. But don't let that get in the way of your vitriol.

So you would rather have players with talent who can't be arsed would you? Plenty of targets out there today ahead of Elliot.

Try the rest of the midfield and central defence if you need some pointers.

Not looking for a bite, but no matter what league we're in next season, I'd be happy with Elliot in the team. And Craigan. And Balatoni. At least they seem to have a genuine affection for the club, always give 100% and never throw in the towel.

There's obviously others I'd want as well, but I guess it depends on where we are playing whether or not we could hold onto them.

Deary me .. Elliot is the scapegoat for that pish we watched today !

Guy gives his 100 % and some.

If the rest of them gave anywhere as much effort as Dross County then we would have won today.

I would take effort over laziness / ineptitude any day of the week.

If the rest of them gave anywhere as much effort as Dross County then we would have won today.

No he's not .... It would better if someone had started a osman or fraser thread but

100 % effort from an average player is always going to be eh average

I think it's really unfair to pick on Christie. Obviously since Craigen wasn't playing today, Elliott is the easy scapegoat.

What about the others who did next to nothing today? Osman, Stevenson, Seabourne, Bannigan, Booth, Frans, Fraser.

Elliott is no Ronaldo but he gives 100% every game.

Can the same be said for the ones I named above?

Simply an above average player can potentially give you more than an average one

So today higgy was better in 45 mins than Elliott over 90

Agree with your principal but Higgy has been one of our more dissappointing players of late and for your information played the last 32 minutes.

He was better in his game to be fair to Higgy than he has been recently.

Elliot has played well at times this season, including chipping in a number of goals. But don't let that get in the way of your vitriol.

So you would rather have players with talent who can't be arsed would you? Plenty of targets out there today ahead of Elliot.

Try the rest of the midfield and central all of the defence if you need some pointers.

Not looking for a bite, but no matter what league we're in next season, I'd be happy with Elliot in the team. And Craigan. And Balatoni. At least they seem to have a genuine affection for the club, always give 100% and never throw in the towel.

There's obviously others I'd want as well, but I guess it depends on where we are playing whether or not we could hold onto them.

^^^^^ all well said

I can't say anything other than I was very disappointed to see Elliot starting in preference to Lawless and Higgy.

He is one of the principal offenders in the nod-the-ball-on-and-lose-possession style.which seems to be our current strategy. He had a powderpuff header from what looked to be a very good chance. He was nutmegged by Scott Boyd(!) on the edge of our box.

I thought Elliot had done ok previously at left back but he mis-headed a clearance across the park for their second goal, gave the ball away from a good position and failed to stop their run down the right wing for their third.

He tries hard and doesn't hide but he was very poor though he wasn't our worst player - that was Gary Fraser. There were several others who were awful too.