Poor Performance By The Fans

erty13

Is it time for us to ditch the idea of a singing stand and instead have a supporters stand and a moaners stand?

We just need one stand labelled 'Mugs', because that's how those people wearing Thistle shirts treated all the fans yesterday.

Having a wee laugh and a joke after conceding the penalty? Seaborne immediately taking off his CAPTAIN'S ARMBAND because he thought he'd done enough to get sent off? Go watch the highlights and try to defend the team after the third Ross County goal.

You want to support them feel free - they're laughing at you.

I missed yesterday. I am lucky clearly.

I don't doubt people's right to moan. Don't get me wrong.

But it's counter productive. And if we want to stop this run we all need to play a part.

Confidence is shot to bits.

It was get Craigen to **** out of the midfield. Then it was get bannigan to **** (unfairly IMO). Now it's get Fraser to ****. Next week it will be osman. And finally maybe Stevo.

Can anyone remember how bad lawless was the last time he played? But now he's seen as the saviour and an in form demigod.

We only have the players we have. Let's get behind them and if they don't respond then yes they can get tae.

We just need one stand labelled 'Mugs', because that's how those people wearing Thistle shirts treated all the fans yesterday.

Having a wee laugh and a joke after conceding the penalty? Seaborne immediately taking off his CAPTAIN'S ARMBAND because he thought he'd done enough to get sent off? Go watch the highlights and try to defend the team after the third Ross County goal.

You want to support them feel free - they're laughing at you.

Think that's first time I've agreed with you Dick.

I missed yesterday. I am lucky clearly.

I don't doubt people's right to moan. Don't get me wrong.

But it's counter productive. And if we want to stop this run we all need to play a part.

Confidence is shot to bits.

It was get Craigen to **** out of the midfield. Then it was get bannigan to **** (unfairly IMO). Now it's get Fraser to ****. Next week it will be osman. And finally maybe Stevo.

Can anyone remember how bad lawless was the last time he played? But now he's seen as the saviour and an in form demigod.

We only have the players we have. Let's get behind them and if they don't respond then yes they can get tae.

They have had more than the normal benefit of the doubt. If they don't priduce there is no God given right for backing.

i don/t think I ever booed the team during a game , I don't think it helps one bit but if fans have payed their money then it's down to them that's just what fans are like.

Most of that team yesterday ,however ,deserved booed off the pitch.at the end of that debacle.Even under the bunnet I don't think Ive ever seen a thistle team just give up so easily .The only matches I can compare that to was Morton gubbing us at Firhill under Derek Johnstone and Airdrie thrashing us at Broomfield under Lamount. The County game was down as low as these .Fans are entitled , at least at the end of a match, to express their displeasure and yesterday disbelief.after performances like that.

Seabourn's antics yesterday in trying to get himself sent off, and he did try, were a total disgrace to the club and himself as a professional. An apology to the fans should be made.

Edited by angry gaz

I really enjoy threads like this. The guys who just can't see past the team/manager decide that instead of looking to mount the usual (and sometimes credible) defence of them, decide that it was the fans fault. Desperate indeed.

I just cannot take the argument that confidence is the issue. The issue to me is arrogance and a complete lack of effort on a huge scale. We absolutely pummelled that county team on day 1 this season, SOD and Fraser were magnificent. You've now got...

Fraser - on a 3 year deal. Comfortable. Hasn't done anything of note for months. Spends his days pinging nonsense 50 yard passes. Normally at least gives the impression of trying, however yesterday he made a cowardly attempt to foul the guy before the 2nd goal, was doing nothing for the third, and then gestured at the JH. An absolute disgrace of a performance. Remember this is a guy we stood by when be assaulted someone. To get that in return is unforgivable. This guy is a loser and shouldn't be near our team. At least Craigen cares - get him in.

SOD - this guy is an absolute imposter. Fancies himself as a big time Charlie because he rejected a move to Blackpool. Harps on about the top 6 when in fact he is a dead average right back who can't defend, can't keep himself in position, produces a good cross once in a blue moon. A waste of a jersey. Get him out the team NOW.

Dan Seabourne was a guy who I thought was a good committed player. However he tried to get himself sent off yesterday with one of the most embarrassing tackles ever seen. Captain skills of Grant Murray. A pathetic captain and a dreadful role model. I'd have him dropped alongside that absolute haddy next to him Frans. Balatoni and Liam Lindsay for me - at least they care. Frans has a case of the Billy Gibsons. Play well for a few games to get your contract (Gibson did it for years) and then show true colours. This guy is just as bad as Seabourne and his efforts are pathetic.

Abdul Osman was a zero yesterday. That pass in the second half was one of the worst things I've ever seen. He should have been hooked immediately and protected (I actually think he isn't such a bad player) however our manager left him out to dry. He is the only guy I will take the confidence point on - potentially Stevo too - why was he not our captain yesterday if the young boys think so much of him.

Yesterday was a hark right back to the dark ages. I raise you the 3-0 home defeat against Stirling Albion when Colin Stewart was playing as an equal. On the manager - subbed an (albeit dreadful) left back and put Elliot (no problem with effort from him - but he was dreadful yesterday) into his place. WHY. Kept Lawless on the bench and put that zero Higgi on. WHY. Stood arms folded with no clue and no plan B. I don't advocate him being sacked yet - but I'd say he needs to make a last stand.

Turning finally to an issue that is clearly causing problems. McMillan. A statement here is a must. Our best left and right back - indeed probably our POTY and we don't know where he is. I appreciate that there may be good reason - but I for one would like clarity.

Lyle Taylor must be wondering what he has come back to. He was having to defend, win the ball in the middle, spread the play, cross it and try get on the end of it yesterday.

My team next week would show (again) significant changes - this time though for very good reason.

Gallacher, Booth (ideally Finnie and McMillan), McMillan, Balatoni, Lindsay/Richards Everton, Craigen, Bannigan, Elliot, Doolan, Stevenson, Taylor.

^^^^^ pretty much sums up my feelings. very good post.

I sit through garbage like that and by the time I get home I learn one of the players has tweeted "time for a change of scenery"?

F**k 'em.

if that is the players attitude, they should not be surprised if a growing number of supporters decide it's time they themselves had a change of scenery for remainder of this season. who can blame any jags fan doing this after yesterday for example. totally unacceptable from the players (a few excepted only) who wore a thistle shirt, regardless of whatever the issues are (or not) behind the scenes,

i don/t think I ever booed the team during a game , I don't think it helps one bit but if fans have payed their money then it's down to them that's just what fans are like.

Most of that team yesterday ,however ,deserved booed off the pitch.at the end of that debacle

.Fans are entitled , at least at the end of a match, to express their displeasure and yesterday disbelief.after performances like that.

Seabourn's antics yesterday in trying to get himself sent off, and he did try, were a total disgrace to the club and himself as a professional. An apology to the fans should be made.

i never booed yesterday. during or at end of game. just walked out of firhill as quick as i could in raging and absolute disgust.

i'm not a boo'er at all, but when you witness yesterdays shambles, i cannot and will not criticise any thistle supporter for doing so. you pay your money and when you see such a shitebag cannot be bothered display from eighty percent of the players, then they deserve all the booing, abuse and slating they are getting.

every player owes the 2800 odd thistle supporters who were there yesterday twenty two pounds, and a grovelling apology ..... and the only way they will be forgiven after that is to reverse this slump and start behaving and performing like professsional footballers for the remainder of this season.

• Like 4

^^^^^ pretty much sums up my feelings. very good post.

if that is the players attitude, they should not be surprised if a growing number of supporters decide it's time they themselves had a change of scenery for remainder of this season. who can blame any jags fan doing this after yesterday for example. totally unacceptable from the players (a few excepted only) who wore a thistle shirt, regardless of whatever the issues are (or not) behind the scenes,

i never booed yesterday. during or at end of game. just walked out of firhill as quick as i could in raging and absolute disgust.

i'm not a boo'er at all, but when you witness yesterdays shambles, i cannot and will not criticise any thistle supporter for doing so. you pay your money and when you see such a shitebag cannot be bothered display from eighty percent of the players, then they deserve all the booing, abuse and slating they are getting.

every player owes the 2800 odd thistle supporters who were there yesterday twenty two pounds, and a grovelling apology ..... and the only way they will be forgiven after that is to reverse this slump and start behaving and performing like professsional footballers for the remainder of this season.

excellent post - spot on with every single point

I wasn't there yesterday so don't know when the boos etc. started, but if you lose 3-1 at home to the team (formerly) bottom of the league and have now lost five games on the bounce, I think you have every right to boo. I don't even see what the fuss is about. It's very, very hard to be encouraging after this slump.

Whilst I know we are all frustrated about lots of things going on at the club, and some dire performances I think we all need a reality check.

We r probably punching about where we should be and think that we need to do our bit as well, and try to get behind the team and stop arguing amongst ourselves (North Stand).

If we the guys who go to the North Stand ever

needed a reality check, look at the guys who are at every home game down at the front who have a whole lot of barriers which need to be overcome just to go and see the Jags .

That's why we need to get real and help whichever players in the team who actually give F#%k get over the line.

Don't lose sight of the fact that some performances before Christmas were dire too,the worst of which was St Mirren at home. St Johnstone and Kilmarnock marginally better only because we didn't lose. Dundee at home was a reasonable performance spoiled by an inability to kill them off before the inevitable sting in the tail.

We've been horrid this month at home v St Mirren, Celtic, Fake Thistle and Dross - there is no getting away from it.

The North Stand had several songs going trying to be the 12th man, but 6 of the 11men never turned up. There is only so much the fans can do and put up with. I have no problem us gettin beaten by a better team or even a lucky team when the players give their all, even 10 out the 11 I can cope with, yesterday's performance was a disgrace and one of the worst team performances I have seen since Benny Rooney or Derek Johnstone on terms of commitment

• Like 2

Kilmarnock away in September. Celtic annihilation in the cup. St Mirren at home First half against Inverness in the cup. Celtic at home.

I'm sure there at others, but these were all I saw in the flesh. All have one thing in common - the team either didn't look interested or chucked it.

Last year i remember getting cuffed by Motherwell and Aberdeen at home and feeling more upbeat, as the quality between the teams was apparent but we kept going and kept trying to play attractive football.

Which makes this season even more baffling. First game against County, Inverness away and Hamilton drubbing were better than any performance last year IMO.

They can't just decide to try or not when it suits them.

a distinctly average ross county team that - on current form - could well be only a single point behind us come eight days time

It won't happen. The happy clappers are heading up to really cheer on the guys in Dundee. They are going to go ******* mwi mental.

They'll make the difference and bring 3 points home.

The happy clappers are heading up to really cheer on the guys in Dundee. They are going to go ******* mwi mental.

Again, I am not sure what you mean here but I guess it's a dig at supporters going up to Tannadice to do what supporters are meant to do....support their team. Supporter or troll? .....I will let others decide!

• Like 2

Saturday was a depressing day for me. Not due to the result. Yeah we were pish. I'm older now so I take it on the chin as I've got a bit more reality on what is important and move on after a sulk. The area that depressed me was the fans and the atmosphere. As with all football fans Thistle fans think we are great but in reality we are not and have our faults like all human beings.

I've seen Archie make changes to the starting XI and bring on 2 strikers. Nothing worked. It was a pish day at the office. Because he was not standing up and waving his arms around many used that against him. Some decades old thinking that he's not ranting he's not doing anything.

There is an ongoing negativity with Scottish football that I hoped we were beginning to change but has crept back into the stadium. The whole "get intae them", "get rid of it", "half him" mentality is still there. I've watched games in other countries and it is usally more positive than in Scotland.

Against St Mirren Gary Fraser took a shot and someone shouted along the lines "What are you doing ya *****?" Gary heard it, looked up puzzled and looked back down. Gary is 20 years old with a great shot on him and he should be encouraged to play as he should. Against Ross County we were poor and gave away a freak goal but you knew people were wanting to let rip. There are 2 guys in their sixties at least near the City End who were just coming across as right nasty ********. Calling Archie a ****, one shouted "bring back Lambie", tearing into SOD who we all know has confidence issues. There were kids there hearing this. My 7 year old nephew and 11 year old neice and desperate to come see Thistle and I've been waiting for the weather to get warmer to bring them but now I'm not so sure as I don't want them to be put off football with that atmosphere.

Our players are mostly young and play for Thistle for a reason, we can get them on the cheap, and most don't have the mental strength to cope with this. As soon as the fans get onto the players they get nervous. When they are nervous they don't want the ball. Movement stops and balls are hoofed up the park. Players don't take responsibility and it all falls apart.

What can we do for next game? Support the team. Encourage them to pass it. Move. Try a bit of skill and if they give it away but chase it back then keep the positivity. Will need the North Stand to do their bit as I confess I am more of a clapper than a singer so join in when the crowd are going. We need to keep perspective as we are a small yo-yo club. Enjoy the top league as long as we are there and encourage the team to play attractive football and progress. Screaming negative comments will not help.

• Like 9

It won't happen. The happy clappers are heading up to really cheer on the guys in Dundee. They are going to go ******* mwi mental.

They'll make the difference and bring 3 points home.

you can't be serious? If you don't go to tannadice that's your choice and your entitled to it but why on earth have a go at those that are going