County Game

Highlandjag

This is a local game for me so really looking forward to it and I have a feeling it is going to be a good game with both teams going for a win. County are on a good run but it has to come to an end and I have feeling we will win 2-1 although I would take a draw. Although I like Stevenson I would keep the same team as Saturday. I also hope we bring a good support (three of going) as the North stand at Victoria Park gives a good atmosphere with a decent crowd in it.

• Like 1

Booth in for Elliott. Higgy should make it so that will be the only change, barring any disasters between now and then.

No idea what we will get this time round. Surely we'll be fired up to make amends for the last time out. Hopefully County will be getting a bit nervous at the prospect of a 4 game winning run too.

This will probably be our real test. Good as Dundee Utd are they are a team that let you play football. Unexpected and welcome as the win last week was, were weren't tested as we were against County. They will be in our faces again and looking to win every second ball. We have to match that as we didn't last time we played them. Whatever team is picked they will have to match County in these tough aspects of the game and earn the right to play our own game: if we do we'll have a chance of a win as we are a better football team. If we don't we could very well get beat again.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I think every game is the game for attractive football from us. It's how we play.

We try to play ugly, we fail at it. That's one of the reasons we've been losing the scrappy games against teams around us.

I agree. The point is you have to win the right to play your attractive football. That means working hard right from the kick-off, winning second ball and defending properly when you have to. Then you'll find you can play football. In other words you can't play the good football without to some extent doing the ugly side: it's when you fail to win the ugly side that you find you can't play the good football.

• Like 4

I agree. The point is you have to win the right to play your attractive football. That means working hard right from the kick-off, winning second ball and defending properly when you have to. Then you'll find you can play football. In other words you can't play the good football without to some extent doing the ugly side: it's when you fail to win the ugly side that you find you can't play the good football.

Very true.

To use the well worn Barcelona example. They get talked about for their attractive football, but I'm most impressed with how hard they work when they don't have the ball.

• Like 2

Winning the second balls is key for us. Some games we're ferocious and Osman in particular wins most of them. Other games, for some reason, we seem to lose every single one of them. Let's hope we win them all this weekend. I'll take any kind of result. Even a point wouldn't be the end of the world, but we're good enough to win.

• Like 1

Game preview up now: http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2014-2015/fixtures_results/0703_ross_county/preview

Seabourne out and question marks over Christie Elliott, Callum Booth and Ben Richards-Everton. Hopefully one of Elliot or Booth will be fit otherwise we'll be forced to play Bannigan or Keenan at left back. Higgs apparently seemed OK after training so should be available. Hopefully Elliot will be OK so we can go with the same team as last week (though I wouldn't be averse to Stevo coming in).

Be hard to argue changing the team - sounds like Elliot will be out so bring in Booth. With Stevenson on the bench, I'd quite like Archie to freshen things up quicker in the second half - regardless of the scoreline. Tell Craigen he is getting 60 minutes and to knock his pan in and do the same with Stevenson when he comes on. Its a demanding role they are having to play, doing the usual 'off the striker' attacking role while also expected to do their share of the defensive work.

Weather warning for Dingwall (again) http://www.bbc.co.uk...xtra-uk-content

:unsure:

That doesn't refer to Dingwall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651245

Looks like very wet and windy. So long since I've been there can't remember how low lying their ground is. It may be OK though there is a warning of possible flooding of roads in the area.

After watching the team perform so well last Saturday I can't help but go in to this game with a bit of confidence and I think the players should too. Every time we have had the opportunity to pull away this season we have failed but we have got to get back to back wins eventually and there will be no better time to do it than tomorrow.

Ross County are a very poor team and they are well beatable. The only problem is, as ever, what Thistle team is going to turn up...

I predict same starting eleven as Dundee United match, unless Christie doesn't make it.

After watching the team perform so well last Saturday I can't help but go in to this game with a bit of confidence and I think the players should too. Every time we have had the opportunity to pull away this season we have failed but we have got to get back to back wins eventually and there will be no better time to do it than tomorrow.

Ross County are a very poor team and they are well beatable. The only problem is, as ever, what Thistle team is going to turn up...

I predict same starting eleven as Dundee United match, unless Christie doesn't make it.

I get that seem confidence everytime we win. Hopefully first back to back win ! I don't think Ross county are as poor a team as they were at the start of the season though they made a few decent signings and a few of their younger boys they've brought through have made them better. If we start the game well and get the ball down and play on the deck I'd like to think we will win. Problem is they will probably try and make it a messy game which doesn't suit us.

The key to tomorrow is scoring first. Without going into the records, we don't appear to do well when we lose the first goal, but we rarely seem to lose a game that we have scored first in. We are heading up there for a long weekend at 6am tomorrow morning. Let's hope we get a nice victory!

• Like 1

The key to tomorrow is scoring first. Without going into the records, we don't appear to do well when we lose the first goal, but we rarely seem to lose a game that we have scored first in.

Perhaps one for our resident statto but it could be the league norm re scoring first. Maybe when you get two teams relatively close in league position the team that scores first goes on to win about the same percentage of times as when it happens to us? Just a gut feeling but I doubt we're exceptionally guilty of not being able to overturn losing the first goal.

Anyway point taken. Not that we were that gung ho at Tannadice, but giving it a go at a game where we were expected to lose perhaps doesn't carry the same pressure that a game where it would be no shock winning does. If we press the way we did last week, win as many second balls and generally play again at a decent pace we've a great chance of getting three points. Let County dictate the pace, continually back off and over rely on speculative punts then I'd be far from confident of even a point.

As many others have said, for us this is the big one. A win tomorrow would go a substantial way to removing those relegation worries for another year. TBH, we've had similar chances so often this year and blown them I don't think anyone can be sanguine about our prospects: especially, considering that County gave us a well deserved doing a couple of weeks ago. Nonetheless, there.s no doubt we have the ability to get a result tomorrow.

As many others have said, for us this is the big one. A win tomorrow would go a substantial way to removing those relegation worries for another year. TBH, we've had similar chances so often this year and blown them I don't think anyone can be sanguine about our prospects: especially, considering that County gave us a well deserved doing a couple of weeks ago. Nonetheless, there.s no doubt we have the ability to get a result tomorrow.

A very balanced view in my opinion.

- we have yet another chance to beat a team below us in the league

- we have yet another chance to get those elusive back to back league wins at last (anyone else not managed that this season TJR?)

- we have yet another chance to show that we can win a game in which we are/should be the favourites

Hoping for a Jah! Jah! Jah! Thistle to those three challenges tomorrow.