Resolution To Allocate New Shares

javeajag

email dropped into inbox from PTFC seeking approval for a shareholder resolution giving the Board the authority to issue new shares in the club

They are actively looking for new investors and there is a hint that finances are not great eg crowds are down this season

Interesting

I am wondering if this is a prospective release of new shares in the hope of general new investment, or if they have someone lined up ready to invest in exchange for shares. If it is the former, it would be a funny time of year to do that and would suggest that the finacial situation is much worse that believed. I'm therefore wondering about the latter, in the week when delegates from Qatar are in town setting up a friendly with the SFA.

Just thinking like.

I think we need some confirmation from the club stating exactly why they are proposing this new share issue. To me at face value it looks like an extremely worrying development.

We all know the club have resisted this type of move in the past. It dilutes the value of existing shareholders, the likes of the McMasters and Tom Hughes won't have anywhere near as much clout as they do now.

This leads me to believe that this move is being done out of necessity/desperation. The club really need to clarify this ASAP.

• Like 4

If the club is needing more money then it shows the current things that we can do are very important

1. Buy a season ticket.

2. Sign up for The Centenary Fund

3. Sign up for Tag - especially "Nomads"

Other simple things we can do are

1. Buy programmes, food, merchandise, Aitken Suite before and after the game.

2. Bring a friend. Get more to attend.

If the club is needing more money then it shows the current things that we can do are very important

1. Buy a season ticket.

2. Sign up for The Centenary Fund

3. Sign up for Tag - especially "Nomads"

Other simple things we can do are

1. Buy programmes, food, merchandise, Aitken Suite before and after the game.

2. Bring a friend. Get more to attend.

Why?

Since the SFA changed their rules, clubs are no longer companies that can go bust, they are nothing more than a name.

In actual fact, all they will be requesting is for people to buy shares in a company who currently runs a football club.

That company could go bust, it wouldn't matter a jot anymore. As long as a new company could come along. And seen as practically anyone can start a business, what's the problem?

I would suggest that anyone who wants fan ownership, the last thing they should be doing, is buying shares in this company. Let the company go bust?

That's how it works now, no?

Why?

Since the SFA changed their rules, clubs are no longer companies that can go bust, they are nothing more than a name.

In actual fact, all they will be requesting is for people to buy shares in a company who currently runs a football club.

That company could go bust, it wouldn't matter a jot anymore. As long as a new company could come along. And seen as practically anyone can start a business, what's the problem?

I would suggest that anyone who wants fan ownership, the last thing they should be doing, is buying shares in this company. Let the company go bust?

For the 'big' teams, yes, I wouldn't trust it would happen for us or other teams deemed 'disposable'.

Why?

didnt happen to Third Lanark, airdrieonians, Clydebank, Gretna or st Bernard's - it's only been allowed for a certain club

I am wondering if this is a prospective release of new shares in the hope of general new investment, or if they have someone lined up ready to invest in exchange for shares. If it is the former, it would be a funny time of year to do that and would suggest that the finacial situation is much worse that believed. I'm therefore wondering about the latter, in the week when delegates from Qatar are in town setting up a friendly with the SFA.

Just thinking like.

With thinking like that you should apply for a job on the Daily Ranger.