Lyle Taylor

Lindau

Yes, I heard this on the way into the game today. I thought that they were being pretty harsh on him. I think that Archie got the team selection spot on today. There will probably be plenty of opportunities for Lyle to start between now and the end of the season. Every player should want to start every game, but the manager picks the team and Archie was vindicated today.

I was looking at the BBC Radio Scotland text service on line and before the match Derek Ferguson described Taylor's pre-match warm up as 'disgraceful' suggesting he was petulant over being dropped.

Heard that also.

Watched his reaction at the end also. Walked off the park pretty quickly at the end of the game. Didn't applaud the fans or congratulate his team mates.

Ferguson is a clown,if he paid more attention to watching what has happened since Lyle has returned he has done a slightly different warm-up to the rest of the team,why this is I do not know but that is what has happened since the start.Foxy was in goal but didn't take part in the mass shoot-in we always finish with,i presume this is the way the management team want things done.

I said to the guy next to me that I was surprised that Taylor was even on the bench as he looked as though he was ill. He did almost the whole warm-up with his face covered by a neck tube, was behind everyone else in the exercises and spent a lot of time away wandering around away from any of the rest of the squad.

Edited by scotty

Taylor was carrying a knock.

From what I heard, after visiting some consulate, Taylor had allegedly went out partying midweek in Edinburgh, drinking copious amounts of rum punch and pina coladas. He then evidently merrily made his way towards a taxi rank singing an Afro-Caribbean ditty in pidgin Maryhillese. Lyle was minding his own business when apparently some drunken yob, sitting on a pavement choking on a black olive and spitting out pieces of pepperoni, instinctively stuck out a leg and tripped him up. Taylor limped away leaving the bevvied moron muttering to no one in particular something like "Ha ha Kevin Clancy let's me do that"

• Like 1

From what I heard, after visiting some consulate, Taylor had allegedly went out partying midweek in Edinburgh, drinking copious amounts of rum punch and pina coladas. He then evidently merrily made his way towards a taxi rank singing an Afro-Caribbean ditty in pidgin Maryhillese. Lyle was minding his own business when apparently some drunken yob, sitting on a pavement choking on a black olive and spitting out pieces of pepperoni, instinctively stuck out a leg and tripped him up. Taylor limped away leaving the bevvied moron muttering to no one in particular something like "Ha ha Kevin Clancy let's me do that"

Have you been smoking the Consulate again?

• 2 weeks later...

:detective:Curaçao (currently ranked 159th)vs. Montserrat (currently ranked 172nd)

It's the big game for Lyle tonight then (hopefully). He flew out from London with the rest of the UK boys to Bardados, where the team trained for a few days. They arrived safely in Curaçao yesterday. He's still never been to Montserrat!

If he plays, he'll become the first Jag in just over 5 years to win a cap, the first since Jonny Tuffey in 2010.

If he scores, wow, dreamland, I'd be made up for him. A World Cup goal, that'd be superb. He'd be the first Jag to score internationally since Adrian Madaschi, who netted twice in Australia's 6-1 World Cup Qualifier win over Fiji back in June 2004.

Amazing to think that the World Cup 2018 has actually started, more than 3 years in advance. In Europe, we've not even had our QF draw yet and teams all over the world are being knocked out left, right and centre.

Goners already are Nepal, Pakistan, Mongolia, Macau, Brunei, Sri Lanka, Turks and Caicos Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands (plus Zimbabwe who've been expelled).

Like these, Montserrat don't get much of a chance. Their campaign could begin tonight and be all over by Tuesday.

FIFA say:

"The lowest-ranked teams in the CONCACAF zone, take their first steps on the road to Russia 2018 next week. The 14 lowest ranked teams in the zone meet in seven two-legged ties to determine who moves into the next round. The names may be unfamiliar, but the action is sure to be intense in this winner-take-all frenzy. For seven of the sides, these first steps toward Russia will also be their last.

Montserrat, whose population is in steady decline since volcanic eruptions in 1995, meet Curacao, a team worth watching this time out. They are bolstered by the presence Patrick Kluivert as their head coach. Curacao is the only Dutch-speaking side in action and the only team coached by a UEFA Champions League winner. Dutch legend Patrick Kluivert, whose mother was born on the island, signed a six-month contract with a promise of increased professionalism. More than half of the squad are expected to come from the Netherlands’ professional system."

Montserrat have been moving up the rankings in the 10s. Looking at it casually, you would think this two-legged affair could be tight. For example, Bhutan (209th) (who were making their WC debut) knocked out Sri Lanka (174th) just the other week.

The bookies, however, are giving Montserrat no chance, they're as high as 16/1 to win tonight. A quick shifty at the two squads sheds some light - it's Curaçao (FC Twente Enschede, NAC Breda, Willem II, Apollo Limassol, Brighton) vs. Montserrat (English non-Leaguers)

I've mashed 3 bookies odds into the old probabilty calculator:

81% Curaçao win

12% Draw

7% Montserrat win

The people of Montserrat deserve a bit of cheering up with all their trials and tribulations since the 90s. Hopefully, their World Cup dreams can last a little longer yet, you never know. Cuba in June awaits the winners. Anybody booked their holidays yet? :P

'mon the underdogs!

Kick off tonight is 8pm (local time), midnight in the UK.

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel
  • Like 3

:detective:Curaçao (currently ranked 159th)vs. Montserrat (currently ranked 172nd) It's the big game for Lyle tonight then (hopefully). He flew out from London with the rest of the UK boys to Bardados, where the team trained for a few days. They arrived safely in Curaçao yesterday. He's still never been to Montserrat! If he plays, he'll become the first Jag in nearly 5 years to win a cap, the first since Jonny Tuffey in 2010. If he scores, wow, dreamland, I'd be made up for him. A World Cup goal, that'd be superb. He'd be the first Jag to score internationally since Adrian Madaschi, who netted twice in Australia's 6-1 World Cup Qualifier win over Fiji back in June 2004. Amazing to think that the World Cup 2018 has actually started, more than 3 years in advance. In Europe, we've not even had our QF draw yet and teams all over the world are being knocked out left, right and centre. Goners already are Nepal, Pakistan, Mongolia, Macau, Brunei, Sri Lanka, Turks and Caicos Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands (plus Zimbabwe who've been expelled). Like these, Montserrat don't get much of a chance. Their campaign could begin tonight and be all over by Tuesday. FIFA say: "The lowest-ranked teams in the CONCACAF zone, take their first steps on the road to Russia 2018 next week. The 14 lowest ranked teams in the zone meet in seven two-legged ties to determine who moves into the next round. The names may be unfamiliar, but the action is sure to be intense in this winner-take-all frenzy. For seven of the sides, these first steps toward Russia will also be their last. Montserrat, whose population is in steady decline since volcanic eruptions in 1995, meet Curacao, a team worth watching this time out. They are bolstered by the presence Patrick Kluivert as their head coach. Curacao is the only Dutch-speaking side in action and the only team coached by a UEFA Champions League winner. Dutch legend Patrick Kluivert, whose mother was born on the island, signed a six-month contract with a promise of increased professionalism. More than half of the squad are expected to come from the Netherlands’ professional system." Montserrat have been moving up the rankings in the 10s. Looking at it casually, you would think this two-legged affair could be tight. For example, Bhutan (209th) (who were making their WC debut) knocked out Sri Lanka (174th) just the other week. The bookies, however, are giving Montserrat no chance, they're as high as 16/1 to win tonight. A quick shifty at the two squads sheds some light - it's Curaçao (FC Twente Enschede, NAC Breda, Willem II, Apollo Limassol, Brighton) vs. Montserrat (English non-Leaguers) I've mashed 3 bookies odds into the old probabilty calculator: 81% Curaçao win 12% Draw 7% Montserrat win The people of Montserrat deserve a bit of cheering up with all their trials and tribulations since the 90s. Hopefully, their World Cup dreams can last a little longer yet, you never know. Cuba in June awaits the winners. Anybody booked their holidays yet? :P 'mon the underdogs! Kick off tonight is 8pm (local time), midnight in the UK.

Terrific post, thanks!

Analysis, stats, history, modern studies, maths, geography and critical evaluation all in there!

• Like 2