Lyle Taylor

Lindau

• 2 weeks later...

It would be disappointing if this were the case, They could certainly offer Scunthorpe more than we could dream of. Someone posted here that we had 'first option' on Taylor in the event that Scunny wished to release him. If so the ball is in our court whatever Celtic decide.

It would be disappointing if this were the case, They could certainly offer Scunthorpe more than we could dream of. Someone posted here that we had 'first option' on Taylor in the event that Scunny wished to release him. If so the ball is in our court whatever Celtic decide.

Not really, the ball would be in Lyle's court and being realistic what player in their right mind would turn down Celtic and CL football for Thistle.

I really like Taylor and he is great for us but he has some way to go before he is that level, lets be honest. His finishing is actually quite poor. He hits the ball very hard towards goal, but whenever he is one on one he usually does the same tactic - firing right at the keeper. Give it a couple of years and I could see Celtic eying him but a bit early. Wouldn't be surprised at having to compete with United/ Aberdeen etc.

Think the chances of him staying might improve if Higgy commits for a few more years. They appear to be busom buddies. He did make it clear last season that if he was going to be playing his football in Scotland this season that it would be at Firhill. Think he really enjoys playing for the club, but like everything else in football, money dictates!

Edited by Lindau

I really like Taylor and he is great for us but he has some way to go before he is that level, lets be honest. His finishing is actually quite poor. He hits the ball very hard towards goal, but whenever he is one on one he usually does the same tactic - firing right at the keeper. Give it a couple of years and I could see Celtic eying him but a bit early. Wouldn't be surprised at having to compete with United/ Aberdeen etc.

That is perhaps a bit unfair. Against Aberdeen he had 2 one on ones. The 1st chance he fired right at the keeper. 2nd one he changed tactic and tried to chip the keeper, just narrowly missing the target.

Lyle Taylor is one of the reasons (if not THE reason) we need to continue to push on and finish as high up the table as possible this season. The money difference between 7th and 10th alone would pay his wages for a year.

Possibly. More likely that the money difference between 7th and 10th would go some way towards plugging the gap left by low attendances this season.

Edited by brodieboy

• 1 month later...

That is perhaps a bit unfair. Against Aberdeen he had 2 one on ones. The 1st chance he fired right at the keeper. 2nd one he changed tactic and tried to chip the keeper, just narrowly missing the target.

I like Taylor but his one on ones ratio are poor, are u also forgetting the st mirren game where he blazed it over the bar? Cracking striker for us but I think we are his level. Just hope we can afford him.