Where Are We All From?

twinny

87 members have voted

1. 1. Nomads, where do you live?

• Scotland (outside Glasgow/Central belt)
    • England/Wales
    • Ireland/Northern Ireland
    • Rest of Europe
    • North America
    • Oceania
    • South America
    • Asia

I know that Shuggie counted up all the Nomads and constantly updated a list of their locations on ptfc.net, but that was now two forums ago, and I'm sure we have lost and picked up some Nomads on the way. So I've started a poll to see where all the Nomads are from...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Shuggie for the first time on a plane up to Edinburgh a few weeks back. Looks exactly like he does on the internet! I miss his lists. :D

Seems to me the main priority for our group should be to keep up the pressure on the club to move forward with plans for some form of 'official' live commentary and highlights packages. Been talked about for almost three years now as far as I recall. Bit strange for the club to ignore such an obvious revenue source, but then strange seems to have taken over from unpredictable as the nickname for our club.

Registered Nomads continue to receive periodic News-Mails on topics of interest to them - so we do have a big distribution list and knowledge of where they are (or maybe were) Only when their e-mails bounce would we wonder about their whereabouts / state of health.

Steelie_toes Ailsa carried the Flag for a good while as Secretary and /I know she is looking for a successor.

There ought to be well over 170 Nomads if we're all still around and kicking.

Our objectives as a Supporter's Club are written on the Official Site. Checkout there how you can join us.

Our efforts to support the Club from afar are pretty good given we rarely get the stimulus of a pint or six in a Thistle Bar every second weekend.

We await a new dawn when the engagement we have sought reaps some reward.

Kapiti Coast, NZ, currently (I think) reigning champion in the Most Southerly Nomad competition, well until someone from Invercargill pops up...

Been here since January, convinced that the down-turn in form this past season coincided almost exactly with my last game (Dundee, 5th December)!

G'day from a very sunny New Zealand,just preparing to get ready to make my way to watch the mighty Vodafone Warriors take apart the Canberra Raiders!

Well that didn't go quite the way we'd hoped, eh? Sitting in the rain watching that. I'm a season ticket holder. God help me!

Austinmer, New South Wales, about 80 minutes south of Sydney. Really miss football that I an can get emotionally involved in. Tried Sydney FC, but the games are on at such awkward times. Mon the highlights package!

Originally from Denmark, I now live in Glasgow, but still consider myself a nomad as I still remember the days of the F5 brigade and how much better we could make the match day experience for people not able to go to the games. Maybe we should have a look over one of Shuggie's old lists and see if there are new objectives to the Nomad cause that we could develop further. Will be doing my bit of HWing next season.

Kapiti Coast, NZ, currently (I think) reigning champion in the Most Southerly Nomad competition, well until someone from Invercargill pops up...

Been here since January, convinced that the down-turn in form this past season coincided almost exactly with my last game (Dundee, 5th December)!

My wife and I must share the title of 'Most southerly Nomad/s' for now - we're not in Invercargill but not too far away! South Canterbury represent :D see my post in the other Nomads thread.

We have yet to make a game at Firhill or anywhere for that matter - though we do make it to Glasgow now and then as we are both part of a successful Pipe Band, it's always late July early August for the Pipe Band World Champs which are usually held on the very first day of the football season! Next time we're gonna stay a while after so we can make a game!

We have yet to make a game at Firhill or anywhere for that matter

that makes me feel a bit better.

I've only ever seen three games live, two in the glory days of 1975 where I was brainwashed by a distant and sadly departed relative, and one in the late nineties. The one in the late nineties was against Dundee United and was memorable mainly for the wretchedness of our performance and my disbelief that Scottish central defenders would still hoof the ball over the stands even when losing. The games in the seventies were memorable for the size of the crowd and the fact that as a five year old a dead dog seen floating peacefully in the canal you cross to get to Firhill seemed so interesting.

When I arrived in Scotland in the mid nineties i was picked up at the train station by a relative of the person who had encouraged me to follow Thistle. After some idle chit chat i said, somewhat gloomily, that the Jags hadn't been traveling too well. With the air of someone who doesn't follow diddy teams she asked me why I'd said that. 'Don't all the family follow the Jags?' I replied. 'No just weird David, we all support Rangers and they've been going great'.

Wouldn't change a thing though.

'Mon the Jags from Adelaide, Australia.

that makes me feel a bit better.

I've only ever seen three games live, two in the glory days of 1975 where I was brainwashed by a distant and sadly departed relative, and one in the late nineties. The one in the late nineties was against Dundee United and was memorable mainly for the wretchedness of our performance and my disbelief that Scottish central defenders would still hoof the ball over the stands even when losing. The games in the seventies were memorable for the size of the crowd and the fact that as a five year old a dead dog seen floating peacefully in the canal you cross to get to Firhill seemed so interesting.

When I arrived in Scotland in the mid nineties i was picked up at the train station by a relative of the person who had encouraged me to follow Thistle. After some idle chit chat i said, somewhat gloomily, that the Jags hadn't been traveling too well. With the air of someone who doesn't follow diddy teams she asked me why I'd said that. 'Don't all the family follow the Jags?' I replied. 'No just weird David, we all support Rangers and they've been going great'.

Wouldn't change a thing though.

'Mon the Jags from Adelaide, Australia.

How's that Aussie Rules team of yours doing these days?

Austinmer, New South Wales, about 80 minutes south of Sydney. Really miss football that I an can get emotionally involved in. Tried Sydney FC, but the games are on at such awkward times. Mon the highlights package!

i always assumed you were in Afghanistan.

nice to see some representation from Oceana, and all with some stories of fandom similar to mine.

that said, i'm giving a shout from the wilds of the great Pacific Northwest, specifically the noble Peoples Republic of Cascadia