Where Are We All From?

twinny

87 members have voted

1. 1. Nomads, where do you live?

• Scotland (outside Glasgow/Central belt)
    • England/Wales
    • Ireland/Northern Ireland
    • Rest of Europe
    • North America
    • Oceania
    • South America
    • Asia

I'm soon to be a Nomad. I've lived in Glagow all my life but am moving to Nottingham in October to study for a PhD at the University of Nottingham.

Looking forward to it but will miss going to Firhill on a regular basis. Was a strange feeling after the QoS game knowing that this is probably my last season properly following Thistle for at least 3 years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm soon to be a Nomad. I've lived in Glagow all my life but am moving to Nottingham in October to study for a PhD at the University of Nottingham.

Looking forward to it but will miss going to Firhill on a regular basis. Was a strange feeling after the QoS game knowing that this is probably my last season properly following Thistle for at least 3 years.

What department will you be working in? My funding runs out in September, but I'm nowhere near done, so suspect I'll be hanging about for a while.

I just love reading this thread

Let me sing to you all!

Somewhere in Scotland (the Nomads song)

On a distant shore, in a far country

this life of mine, it has taken me.

Though my ties to the past are not all good,

There’s one bond that won’t break, no, it never could

Chorus

Somewhere in Scotland, far from me

Wi’ my team from Glasgow is where I long to be

Red and Yellow, not your Green or Blue

Partick Thistle Football Club, for me will do!

There are things in my life that fill all my days

But when Saturday comes, I think of yesterdays.

I was young, I was red, I was yellow, I was black.

Those were wonderful days; I’d like to see them back

Chorus

If I cannot be with you when you’re home or away

Well my heart’s in the crowd when Partick Thistle play

And I listen hard and I watch for news

Yes I’ll stay a Jags supporter, should we win or lose.

Chorus ( & repeat to finish!)

Copyright Hugh L Cooper January 2008

What department will you be working in? My funding runs out in September, but I'm nowhere near done, so suspect I'll be hanging about for a while.

I will be working in the School of Biosciences, I am doing a PhD in Neuroscience. I will be based on the Sutton Bonnington Campus and from your location status I'm guessing that is likewise for yourself. What are you studying?

What did you find as the best option regarding accomodation (e.g. city centre, Loughborough, campus accomodation)? Also what local teams have a good matchday experience (e.g Notts Forest, County, Derby etc)?

A Town in Germany where Sebastian Vettel hails from (Formula 1 driver).

Please have a gander in Google - Heppenheim has Vinyards and a superb "Landschaft".

Diehard Jag who grew up in Possil and attended Westercommon primary and so was able to see the players training at "Playtime".

Went to the BB in Maryhill and graduated to stewarding at the auld place and have brothers who still do so as well as many friends.

Kids think I'm crazy but Thistle till I die!

Herman

Hi, how are you doing?

I slipped a disk in my back a year ago in January and it took along time to get back - but since November I've started playing for the over-40s team again. That's what I like here in Germany. When they say sport for all, they really mean it!

I may be in Köln over the weekend 18th to 20th June - will you be around then?

Hey, Herman! Still playing in the old men's footie team?

Me: Melrose, then Edinburgh, Uni in St. Andrews, Ingelheim (near Mainz), Aberdeen (got away from there as soon as possible) and now Cologne for the past 10 years.

England/Wales for me - Coventry in the English midlands to be exact, although originally from Lossiemouth (hence the username). Support Lossiemouth FC as well - and there are quite a few who have the Thistle/Lossie combo as well, both with Glaswegians now living in the north and with Lossiers living in the city.

• 4 weeks later...

There are heaps of Jags fans (spot the local lingo) in Oz, must be worth a Jags convention, somewhere convenient like Hobart! We could all stand in the rain and reminice!

My last count (from a while back)was 15 in Oz

Austinmer NSW

Campbeltown NSW

Waga Waga NSW (no kiddin')

Melbourne x 5

Brisbane

Perth x 2

Sydney x 3

Hobart

There you go then and Ballarat must be the most convenient place for all these Thistle fans to meet - now there's a statement I didn't think I'd ever make. If it was a Jags convention I'd travel, infact "I would walk 500 miles......" (that would still take me just round the corner a bit).

Hopefully a newsmail going out this week and I'll happily include this Aussie meet in it. To give all Aussie nomads a contact point, where best to direct them? Mail you direct? Lead them on here and get them to sign up? Facebook?

Let me know

Ailsa

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully a newsmail going out this week and I'll happily include this Aussie meet in it. To give all Aussie nomads a contact point, where best to direct them? Mail you direct? Lead them on here and get them to sign up? Facebook?

Let me know

Ailsa

I'm up for a Jags convention in Ballarat. It's only a 2 hour drive so not too far (take note all those who think Ayr is a weekend trip!!!!!!!!!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

GSS - was it you that ripped the shorts off the poor lad that famous day at Forfar? I still suffer the nightmares from him flashing everyone in sight!

The KiwiJags and myself met up at the Phoenix/Boca game in July - we could try to organise a larger meet-up around another Phoneix game later in the season? A weekend game to make the most of it, and maybe wait until the weather cheers up a bit? (Sat, Dec 18th, 7PM - Jets at the Westpac?)