Jags Vs Ict 21/03/2015

Paulo

It was a pretty poor game,to be fair to Rob Maclean. ICT were possibly a wee bit better. The introduction of Lyle Taylor made a difference though as he has a bit more strength than Dools. A bit of confusion with BRE coming on. No. 10 was on the board, before it was changed to 11. Used up a few seconds.

180 from Inverness.

When that was announced some wag in the North Stand gave it the old darts shout...onnnne huuuundred and eeeeigghty! As for the game. Pretty poor fare, noticeably picked up for us when Taylor came on. Great goal, as far as I could see, low down beside the nomads flag in the North. Balatoni deserved the MOTM award, just for the amount of covering he did for Frans. Don't know how many times Frans committed himself when it wasn't necessary. Thought he was very disappointing today. Banzo was a close call for MOTM....the boy that some nugget said was finished a few weeks ago, had another great game in the engine room. Nice for us to score a late goal for a change!! Excellent victory without playing particularly well.

From the North stand or Camallian's video I can't tell if it was a great lay off to Lawless or a lucky break of the ball. Anyone down the other end help with this minor point?

It was great hold up play from Lyle. He took a look at where the defender was and held him off really well then laid it off to Stevie.

180 from Inverness. Us back to the core 2400

Today was a beautiful day: sunny, mild, perfect for football - and we had a good win last week which should have been encouraging. I happen to know that a mate of mine who doesn't normally go to football games took his boy to today's game (as he'd been moaning about going to see a football game - thank goodness we won) so it wasn't our core - in fact a guy sitting beside me was down in Glasgow from Dingwall and dropped by hoping to see Inverness get beat. My point is our core in the top league should be a 1000 more than today's attendance. It looks to me that our core is closer to 2000. Which is very worrying considering we're in the top league and doing OK.

I'd be interested to know how many fans we attract from the surrounding areas around the ground once you remove the free under 16s. Must be some of the poorest areas in the developed world. A lot of the core fan base now seems to come further afield, myself included. My dad left Maryhill in the 60's.