Ross County On Saturday

Highlandjag

I have a good feeling about this one and County are due a defeat. I hope we bring a good support as Dingwall is a great day out and at this time of the year the journey up from Glasgow should be enjoyable although the current good weather is due to change at the week-end with some showers. The team I would go for is:

...................Fox............

SOD..Frans..Balatoni..Booth

..........Osman......Bannigan

Lawless......Stevenson......Higginbotham

..................Taylor..........

Final score 2-1 jags with Taylor and Lawless scoring.

Can't argue with that team on current form. I'm feeling confident aswell but that is usually a bad sign! Looking forward to a sing song pre and hopefully post match in The Mallard! It was good to hear Fraser scored midweek for the reserves, I'd love to see him back in the team at his best, would like to have a look at some of the other youngsters aswell, but only once we are safe.

With the good form we have been in recently together with hopefully a desire to get revenge on county for our last 2 results against them should be some game. If Higgy does play (and that is by no means certain) I hope he will be keen to make amends for the rather daft sending off he got the last time at Victoria park

Great defensive record over the past 5 games with only 2 goals concede to the Soor Plooms from the East. In the same period, County have conceded goals to Accies, Killie and Dundee Utd with only the win over Paisley's Shame being by more than one goal. On that basis, reasonably confident of getting at least a draw up there. Missing the game but will be observing closely in Twitter. Cmon Jags - lets do this thing.....

I would like to see us not playing for the draw. We seem to have most of our success away from home when we take the game to the other team, regardless of who they are.

I fancy us to edge a lively, hard-fought encounter. 2-1 to the Thistle.

Agree but I don't believe Archie would even try to just play for a draw. I do tho' think that playing Taylor/Doolan, Stevenson, Higgy AND Wee Stevie could be just too adventurous. That's why I feel someone who gets about the park with ease like Craigen or to a lesser extent Fraser, should start instead of Higgy.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Motherwell dropping points tonight is a huge boost to extending our stay in the top flight.

Absolute worse case (4 Thistle defeats & 3 Motherwell wins) still leaves it in our own hands to stay up with a win on the last day of the season.

Now can we try and find an easier way please.....

It's now fairly optimistic to be looking upwards but I'd settle for safety earlier even if it makes 7th place less likely. Wouldn't be surprised at the end of the season to be looking back and wishing it was a different result tonight but got to say 'Well getting beaten is grand for my blood pressure.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

On supporters bus going north past Auchterarder. Bus much fuller than last time. Weather absolutely glorious. Got two tickets in the sweep, happily both for Thistle goals. Jags to score on 40 and 67 minutes, though only the first goal will be a winner, if that makes sense. Taylor at the double again?

Only downside-the film showing on the bus is truly awful!

Edited by partickthedog