Jags Vs St Mirren

allyo

Chist burstin. Totally and utterly proud to be a Jag. What a journey. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I know that the right thing to do is keep things positive, cheerful and friendly, but I need to say that those donkeys who spent 80% of the season trying to pillory our manager should now do the decent thing and GTF and find a different team to 'follow'.

Monni Thisssssul!

• Like 4

Down in Oxford at the moment so yer all better fans than me! Congratulations to the management, players and the fans for all of the efforts this season. We've been sh*t hot since the start of March - only 3 goals conceded in the last 8 games, where's the Inconsistent Thistle I know? This is a brilliant result - I'm away out to get a bottle of Pimms to celebrate! Chin, chin!

Another great performance to seal another successful season for Alan Archibald & Co. With his record of astute signings, we should be confident of another good season in 2015/16. Couple this skill to his growing experience, and the target should be top six, and some expectation of a long run in the top flight. Onwards to Europe!!!!

Guaranteed a higher placed finish than last season now, absolutely fantastic thistle! Going to have a couple to celebrate tonight!

Well in Archie, fantastic season! Dools gets into double figures again, making his way to being shorter club legend. Keep this squad together and we've a good shout at top half.

professional performance today, we never looked like conceding apart from a few daft mistakes in the last 10 minutes. Glad to finally beat them at home.

Congratulations to Archie, Shaggy, the players and everyone else involved behind the scenes :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It's a funny old game as they say. We must have had 80% of the ball in the 1st half. I was sure we would score early as LT seemed to get behind the STM defence every time the ball was played forward - but I don't think we had any real clear cut chances in that first half. We were maybe a tad lucky not to concede a penalty in the 1st half when Conrad seemed to bring down one of their guys from behind.

In the 2nd half they started brightly and we seemed to have lost interest a bit, but once Stevenson scored there was no way back for Saint Mirren. Dools hooked sclaff somehow went in and more shocking defending allowed Lawless to score. I didn't think there were any standouts today. Bannigan and Osman were good, the defence was solid again. Lawless was pretty good without creating much. I thought Stevenson had given up in the 2nd half and Taylor didn't get the break of the ball. Bannigan probably deserved his MOTM, with Booth a close 2nd.

3 wins on the trot - 4 wins in a row at home - no bad,eh

Not the greatest of performances but a very easy win. Other than the mix up between Conrad, Freddie and The Fox, the defence was again solid. Abdul, Stevie and Banzo bossed the midfield. Thought Higgy was poor. Lovely feeling to be safe with three to go and we are on one of our best ever runs in the top league with only Celtic beating us in our last 7 games. 6 wins, 2 defeats and a draw in our last 9 games with 6 shut outs and 13 scored and 4 conceded is great by any teams standard. Well done to the manager, his assistant and to the team.

Good to see big Andy doing the half time draw today with what I would imagine are the two oldest jags supporters (100 and 96)

• Like 1

Great work today...congratulations to Our Archie, Our Shaggy and our team!

Bit of class on display from the minute round of applause before KO and the 72min applause for Chico.

As always.....it's good to be a Jag.

Onwards and upwards.

Wearethistle!

• Like 1

Everything that was said above and I thought Stevo had a great game

...and a mini sing song in the S&G too afters

Good result and one that probably was deserved but are u joking about Ryan? First half his effort was at the most minimal, look at the chance before half time with Taylor, he's moaning at Taylor because what? He couldn't be bothered running into the massive thirty yards of space?

He improved slightly second half but compare his work rate to Stevie lawless. Nowhere near the effort required. He has been one of our best players recently but today his effort level was quite poor.

Anyway, just an opinion. When it was nil nil I was always scared of a sneaky goal as we had so many chances but the sitter at 2 nil defined st mirren. No fight, no confidence and no talent.

Also not sure I get Teales subs of Thomson for arquin. It's like the Taylor for dools sub, no great affect and like for like even though ur two nil down.

Edited to add. Well done jags on another three points , don't mean to be so negative about the above. Force of habit.

Edited by kennymac29

That was the season in miniature. We played some good stuff in the first half with the ball flashing across their penalty box time and again but without making many clear cut chances. Second half we slumped into a dozy spell, failing to dominate against a dispirited St Mirren team. Then we scored, added two more and looked a class above the opposition.

Big Freddy and Conrad were never threatened by Thommo, Saints' rather blunt spearhead, both fullbacks were excellent and real attacking threats and Banzo was very impressive, getting the ball down, making space and playing sensible incisive passes.

Lawless had another good game but Lyle Taylor couldn't get going and Higgy a bit hit and miss...and Stevenson's well-taken header redeemed an otherwise awful performance. Doolan again showed he is a good option to have...though I will be writing to the SPFL for clarification as to why his goal wasn't flagged offside.

I agreed with Stuart Cosgrave on Radio Scotland this evening who said that Thistle have seemed to have played within themselves this season and he was surprised that they had been anywhere near the relegation area...and they hadn't had the credit they deserved.

I will definitely miss Stephen O'Donnell and Higgy if they are not with us next season - they can both be frustrating but are also entertainers and potential matchwinners. I will also miss St Mirren coming to Firhill - they are a club similar to us and bring a decent support...boo hoo.

Comfortable victory without ever really being at our best.

If we'd scored in the 1st half then I think we'd have gone on to score a bucket load, but more than happy to settle for 3 :-)

I didn't think Stevenson was too bad, put in a good bit of work rate which is more than Taylor did. Thought he didn't look at the races from the off.

Stevenson did seem to give a reaction to the fans after he scored so perhaps it was just me who thought he was decent!

Bannigan was the main man, he was terrific. Needs to learn that he doesn't need to fly in to every single challenge though, a few wild ones again yesterday.

Booth has come on to a great game and I'd be more than happy to sign him up for next season.

It would be great to retain SOD as well but that if he gets his move south then good luck to him. He's been great to watch and can only progress South of the border ( please don't go to DU!)

Lawless was great again, he's been excellent for most of the season and hopefully he'll sign up again.

Lastly, it was great to see Doolan back on the scoresheet. His finish after seeing it on the highlights was far more difficult than it looked at the time. Still offside thiugh!

Edited by King Kenny

Great result in the end, and a great end of the season run from Thistle. From the highlights it looks like Lawless was the main tormentor again. A couple of dozy moments in defence, but yet another shut-out, so they're doing just fine. Dools' goal: another great piece of quick thinking by him. So pleased he's still with us.

:partyhat::fan::frantic::shakeshout:

Absolutely chuffed with yesterday. Not had much of a chance to get to the football this season or the last few seasons due to finances.

Yesterday was my son's fourth game of the season and is now obsessed with the Jags! So much so the missus has suggested I get a season tiket for us next season :borat:

Thanks to Archie and the boys :clapping:

:ph34r:

• Like 2

Delighted with yesterday, and the past few months as a whole. We are looking more "premier league" with every week, by that i just mean the way we keep the ball now when we're winning, the way we domt panic if we lose a goal like up at ross county, n most pleasing at all the way we punish u if u make a mistake against us.

Great performances, settled undisputed starting 11, great football, clean sheets, its a great time to be a jag, thank u archie and the whole staff

Thought Banzo and Osman were outstanding yesterday, again.

A few weeks ago when this run started you could see something had changed in Banzo, his fame was back to its best, shoulders back, getting in front of midfielders, and going on his trademark run from right to left across the middle of the park to release our attacking left side.

I said at the time, if he kept that level up, we'd be fine. The partnership he has built with Osman has been fantastic, the two of them graft from the first minute, protecting our back 4 and supporting the attackers. Always there to take a pass to keep momentum, or win the second ball from a panicked clearance from the opposition.

I think Stevo was carrying an injury yesterday, he looked half a yard short, but still well ahead of St Mirren, who are appalling.

As Osman and Banzo have clicked, so to has Archie's change with the attacking four. We are no longer rigid, all four swap positions, fill in the gaps and cover for each other. Similar to the way we played in the championship.

I thought Taylor did well yesterday. His second coming has seen a ridiculous lack of luck, balls bobble, he slips, passed just behind him, anything to prevent him banging in goals for fun... But his head doesn't go down and he is a team player, working tirelessly. Him and Stevo seem to really work well together.

We didn't get out of second gear yesterday. It was a walk in the park.

• Like 1

Delighted with yesterday's result although the goal(s) couldn't come fast enough. The longer St Mirren had us at 0-0 they had a chance - lucky goal, dare I say penalty! But panic over, we got the result we deserved. Well done to all, having witnessed and felt the highs and lows, great to see us coming to the end of a season as a team and not just limping to safety.