We Got This - Book

idlewild84

Guys,

I'm looking to put together a book about the first division title winning season.

I'm looking for help funding it by asking people to pre order. The link is below and I would appreciate any contributions.

Also can I ask that, if it does interest you, you share with anyone who may be interested but doesn't use the forum?

Thanks

Scott

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/wegotthis

It really is a great story with all its twists and turns.

It might be a good idea to add to your crowdfunded appeal any credentials you have for writing the book. No disrespect intended but I have no idea of the extent of your writing talent.

Would be happy to support such a project but need convincing.

Maybe dig out the spellcheck first though - 'garunteed'? :red_card:

along with .....

The 2012/13 season was a special one for Partick Thistle FC.

Not only did we secure top flight football for the first time in 10 years, we did it in style with a talented young team playing the best football that had been seen at Firhill in a long time. This was despite the potential hinderance of losing a manager half way through the season and a strong challenge from a Morton side who felt thier experience would be telling in the end.

Elsewhere, the relocation of the singing section to the North Stand did wonders for the atmosphere with the fans singing thier way through the season in support of our young team.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I want to produce a book charting and celebrating the achievments of this young team in both winning the league and reaching the clubs first national cup final since 1971.

I am aiming to have the book ready for November, (just in time for christmas....) and your pledge is in actual fact a pre-order as every pledger is garunteed a copy of the finished book.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I ask you to please, support this project and help me produce an item of a quality befitting tihs team. I ask you also, if you are interested, to share. Word of mouth will be essential as this is an independant project,

It really is a great story with all its twists and turns.

It might be a good idea to add to your crowdfunded appeal any credentials you have for writing the book. No disrespect intended but I have no idea of the extent of your writing talent.

Would be happy to support such a project but need convincing.

I've updated the appeal with some information about me, I've also amended the spelling mistakes as helpfully pointed out.

My answer re: credentials may not be what you would want to hear. I am not a previously published writer and am, when all is said and done, just a fan with an idea and a will to see it through. All I'm really asking for is a chance.

in fairness, the target has dropped from 25k to 20k in under five hours.

at that rate, this time tomorrow .....

again, in fairness, not decrying idlewild84 for their idea or desire to see this happen, when i first read the op a few hours ago, i thought "25k to get a book printed in this day and age, you having a laugh or, is the author looking to guarantee themselves a six month wage or income upfront before commencing writing". if i am wrong on my intuition, apologies to idlewild84, and either way best of luck getting the book out. if it does come out before christmas, i'll buy leia a copy for her stocking, and read it after her.

If you're serious about doing the book via crowdfunding you might be better doing it via someone like Unbound.co.uk, or alternatively just writing it and publishing it via Lulu, then people can pay a reasonable amount for it. The former will also help you set a realistic fundraising target and incentives goals for it - with all respect due, £20K is a huge amount to fund a book.

You might want to check your handwirtten incase you get you's ar*e felt again by the forum illuminati ...

A copy of the book, an individual mention in the thank you's section as well as a handwirtten personalised thank you making your copy uniquely yours forever.

:thumbsup2:

Edited by gianlucatoni