Relying On Motherwell

the saint

Don't think Motherwell will take their eye off the ball in the same way Hibernian did though.

Plus Motherwell's home record is pretty decent.

Rangers will be better than they were tonight though - Walsh and Ferguson will start and they looked threatening. I'm going to be sticking some money on 2-0 Rangers just in case but I think Motherwell have done it. And I couldn't be happier.

Perhaps caution should be applied. Hibs were 2 goals up after their away leg last season!

A fair point. Things is I thought if Motherwell had a go at them they could win as Motherwell's weakness is defence and they are not that bad in attack - and Rangers' defence is rotten. Of course I had my doubts as to whether they could handle the pressure - fair dos to them they did and got the deserved result from that and having a go.

Now they face a different sort of pressure and I hope they don't sit in on their lead as that would play into Rangers' hands. We'll see - if they keep the head and play the right tactics they ought to be fine but we'll see.

We're all Steelmen for the next few days. Slight shame about the sevco goal, but we'd have taken the final score all day long.

The crusade against overt bigotry in the top flight takes a step forward if Motherwell can see off this piss poor sevco outfit at home.

After that, Motherwell can GTF as as far as I'm concerned as they will have served a purpose. That and no more.

• Like 5

halfway (*) there well.

don't chuffing c0ck it up now.

otherwise i'll get hans to re enact the razing of ravenscraig at fir park ..... would make the destruction of the death star look like a minor fart in comparison.

* halfway, assuming well don't lose by two in ninety, and it goes to et, since away goals don't count double.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

We're all Steelmen for the next few days. Slight shame about the sevco goal, but we'd have taken the final score all day long. The crusade against overt bigotry in the top flight takes a step forward if Motherwell can see off this piss poor sevco outfit at home. After that, Motherwell can GTF as as far as I'm concerned as they will have served a purpose. That and no more.

Thing is if they get through that will give them some confidence for next season. On the other hand one reason for their poor form this season is that they've finally stopped paying more than they can afford and good players who left were not replaced. They have a rebuilding job to to next season. Still I'd rather have them up than the h*ns++.

++This is not an insult to R@ngers fans or proddies in general - that was just made up by the h*ns to have something to moan about.

• Like 1

Watching the BBC highlights you'd think Motherwell managed to conjure up three goals completely against the run of play ...

... according to some of a certain persuasion they apparently did; they claim that this is against all that is good about football. How dare Motherwell turn up and spoil their party. 49,000 silenced by three good goals.

On last night's evidence, do Rangers seriously think they could compete at the top level in Scotland? Motherwell ran them ragged on the counter and their defending of corners and high balls was a joke.

these last few years of armageddon have been awful and traumatic ..... for the media and zombies.

for all non zombies, i'm certain it will end up being detrimental to our well-being, if armageddon continues much longer we may all die laughing.

what a way to go :D

mon the well, finish the job ..... you can go down next season with killie or county.

• Like 1

3rd goal by Motherwell with the angled run behind the defenders very reminiscent of Damon Gray's strike at Ibrox. Gary Harkins' drive forward and disguised and perfectly weighted and directed pass was superior in that he was coming through a full midfield rather than a depleted and retreating defence. However, Ainsworth had a little more to do than Damon and he finished superbly.

• Like 2

Be interesting if Sevco score first, however with McGregor out (arguably their best defender, though that doesn't say much) and either McCulloch or Mohsni replacing him, I reckon it could be a goalfest this afternoon, with Rangers having to go for the jugular and leaving them open to similar counter attacks a la Thursday. Hopefully Bell will have a sore back come full time, with picking balls out the net!

This is a tragedy for Scottish football and hopefully league reconstruction will be agreed next week

And for mankind as a whole to be honest...lol!

i know your tongues are lodged firmly in your cheeks, but be careful what you wish for or jest about, if the bastion of journalism that is the broons weekly, as noted in bbc gossip today, is correct.

Scottish football could be set for its most radical shake up ever, with discussions ongoing between the Scottish Professional Football League and Scottish FA aimed at league reconstruction in time for the start of the 2016-17 campaign. Serious consideration is being given to a switch to two top leagues of 12 - split into three of eight - after each team had played each other twice. (Sunday Post)

my only shock at this (pawbroons?) mad(flat)cap idea raising its ugly head again, is it's not for next season.

MON THE WELL !!!!!

Edited by yoda-jag

i know your tongues are lodged firmly in your cheeks, but be careful what you wish for or jest about, if the bastion of journalism that is the broons weekly, as noted in bbc gossip today, is correct.

my only shock at this (pawbroons?) mad(flat)cap idea raising its ugly head again, is it's not for next season.

MON THE WELL !!!!!

Not that it matters a jot, but Dungcaster has been quoted as saying there is NIL chance of any league reconstruction for next season. If Sevco can't overturn the 3-1 today, they are stuck there next season!