Jags Vs Well

jags on tour

Interesting to read in the match preview Archie says Abdul won't play as he is on 5 bookings and we don't want to risk him, if that was the case why didn't he play or even come on last week and pick up a daft booking meaning he was suspended for this week?

Because suspensions for 6 bookings kick in 14 days after the 6th booking occurs hence the last 2 games being out of bounds for Abdul as any suspension incurred last week or tomorrow would be served next season. I assume he was injured at Hamilton tho, if he'd been booked then he would have missed tomorrow.

I can (hopefully) see Motherwell not going full pelt for this one as they've got an interesting double header coming up in the next week. No point in them risking silly injuries, red cards etc.

I suppose our own motivation will be in a) looking to atone for last week's score, and B) preserving/improving our positive goal difference.

Mon Thistle.

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Callum Booth, Stuart Bannigan, Kris Doolan, Christie Elliott, Kallum Higginbotham, Ben Richards-Everton, Gary Fraser, David Wilson, Jack Hendry.

Subs:
Paul Gallacher, James Craigen, Abdul Osman, Declan McDaid, Lyle Taylor, Neil McLaughlin.
Edited by Jagsman

Interesting team. Obviously Craigen and BRE haven't yet been released from their contract if both are still eligible to play. Both being given a chance to impress scouts/say goodbye I guess.

No Duggan either, who I thought might have featured, unless he's injured again.

Welsh really was crocked wasn't he (no surprise). It seemed a minor bump at the time as well.

I imagine some of the others are just too fatigued to even make the squad.

I just watched the highlights. They are edited to show the best parts, but even so it looked like quite an open game, with both teams creating several good chances and both keepers doing well. Surprised to learn that it's 19 years since we last won at Fir Park.

While looking for the highlights I saw this, an atmospheric film of the first match against Motherwell in the victorious 1921 Scottish Cup campaign. Great to see some of those Thistle legends in action.

PS: Do Well really have a player called "John Thomas?" His parents must have done that for a laugh!

I just watched the highlights. They are edited to show the best parts, but even so it looked like quite an open game,

You rarely watch a friendly when it's not an open game. The lack of heavy tackling helps. I can't even mind a refereeing decision where I thought he's got that one wrong. Their goalie flattening Taylor was so out of character with the game in general that I guess he just forgot the rules of the day.