Nightmare 11

partick monkey

I think Scott Millar came from Clydebank rather than the Juniors. He was definitely shocking though!

Scored a decent equaliser at Recreation Park and if I recall correctly laid on the goal by Albert Craig which led to our Scottish Cup victory over Livingston-amazing to think what a big shock that was at the time with Livi two divisions above us!

I agree that apart from that he was mince!

Bryn Halliwell

Boyle Scrimegour Purdie Shields

O'Hara Fulton Paxton Kilgannon

Joe Carson McConalogue

This line-up should give every thistle fan nightmares. Can't believe nobody has mentioned Joe Carson's spell up front. If my memory serves me correctly though he did score a goal.

Edited by Alan Murray

Bryn Halliwell

Boyle Scrimegour Purdie Shields

O'Hara Fulton Paxton Kilgannon

Joe Carson McConalogue

This line-up should give every thistle fan nightmares. Can't believe nobody has mentioned Joe Carson's spell up front. If my memory serves me correctly though he did score a goal.

I'm sure Carson scored more than 1 (might even have had 2 or 3 in one game iirc) but he was pretty honking. Still he was better than the Docherty brothers, Leigh Hinds, Andy Walker and several other strikers I reckon

Has anyone mentioned Andy Thomson? He'd go straight into my was expecting much better but turned out to be pure dross XI. A vaguely familiar thread from not too distant ago probably covered the likes of Thomson, Stuart Taylor etc. Doubly annoying when you reckon we've signed a gem and he turns out to be a total dud.

Has anyone mentioned Andy Thomson? He'd go straight into my was expecting much better but turned out to be pure dross XI.

Andy Thomson was pretty decent for Queens at the time and I thought we'd got ourselves a quality striker. As it turned out his main contribution to the team was pointing and looking mildly exasperated.