F*@king Tories

BowenBoys

You are pathetic. You cannot deny what I said, so all you can do is insult.

yes i can and said so above, and a bit rich for you to come out with the insult bit when you called me a bigot...but then again not that surprising given your posts before...they are out to get me :doh::frantic:

yes i can and said so above, and a bit rich for you to come out with the insult bit when you called me a bigot...but then again not that surprising given your posts before...they are out to get me :doh::frantic:

A bigot you most clearly are. Read back over your posts and see your comments directed towards anybody who disagrees with your unionist claptrap. You can add all the smileys you want; that merely adds to the pathos of your condition.

A bigot you most clearly are. Read back over your posts and see your comments directed towards anybody who disagrees with your unionist claptrap. You can add all the smiley's you want; that merely adds to the pathos of your condition.

no bigotry here dafty as with most things its all in your head and i just think the smiley's describe you far better than i ever could. :confused1::loco:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's another idea from these lovely Tories

(otherwise known as the compassion party) ---

Mr Wild said the Tories could not wait until a year before the next election to make the necessary cuts to the winter fuel allowance, free bus passes, the Christmas bonus and other pensioner benefits.

Mr Wild, who is research director of the think tank which campaigns for lower taxes and highlights examples of Government waste, said the cuts should be made "as soon as possible after an election for two reasons".

"The first of which will sound a little bit morbid - some of the people... won't be around to vote against you in the next election. So that's just a practical point, and the other point is they might have forgotten by then."

He added: "If you did it now, chances are that in 2020 someone who has had their winter fuel cut might be thinking, 'Oh I can't remember, was it this government or was it the last one? I'm not quite sure.'

"So on a purely practical basis I would say do it immediately. That might be one of those things I regret saying in later life but that would be my practical advice to the government."

So the point would appear to be "if they can't vote against you - F'em"

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Wild's comments were made during a fringe meeting of the Conservative Party conference. He was representing The Tax Payers' Alliance.

Although, unquestionably supported by many traditional conservative minded donators with an intention to influence conservative policy, it was initially set up in 2004 as a pressure group aganst the Party when it's policy was to match Labour's spending. As much calling for government prudency as tax cuts, they have campaigned on issues such as MP's expenses, Council Tax waste, Government spending transparency, freezing the fuel tax and cutting tax on beer and spirits.

Mr. Wild is the Reseach Director of the Limited Company, having been with them full time for 2 years. The following day from making the statements quoted above. he apologised and attempted to clarify his position :

"Yesterday I made some comments at a fringe event for which I want to apologise. They were crass, offensive and made 'off the cuff' - I made a mistake and I want to say sorry for that.

"Not only did I let myself down, but the result has been that most are overlooking the point I was trying to make: that by means testing pensioner benefits we can end the perverse situation whereby wealthy pensioners receive winter fuel payments and potentially target money instead at those who genuinely need it – be they poorer pensioners or young people who are losing out."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"You must all know half a dozen people at least who are no use in this world, who are more trouble than they are worth. Just put them there and say Sir, or Madam, now will you be kind enough to justify your existence? If you can't justify your existence, if you're not pulling your weight in the social boat, if you're not producing as much as you consume or perhaps a little more, then, clearly, we cannot use the organizations of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us and it can't be of very much use to yourself."

George Bernard Shaw, 1931. Sounds a bit like "f-em", unless you consider the context and that he was speaking "practicably".

Why should pensioners automatically get extra benefits?

I know plenty of my mum and dad's friends who have retired and holiday all the time. They had their mortgages paid off years ago and definitely have a much more secure and comfortable retirement than I ever have.

Retirement does not mean poverty of destitution or decrease in income for many. The world and society is a much more complex setup these days so to group a huge section of society into one group does not make sense.

Why should every pensioner get every offer from the government? We are still spending more than we take in tax. And there are many pensioners in good positions as well as bad positions. Items such as winter fuel allowance, free bus passes, the Christmas bonus and other pensioner benefits take money away from other areas.

Why should pensioners automatically get extra benefits?

I know plenty of my mum and dad's friends who have retired and holiday all the time. They had their mortgages paid off years ago and definitely have a much more secure and comfortable retirement than I ever have.

Retirement does not mean poverty of destitution or decrease in income for many. The world and society is a much more complex setup these days so to group a huge section of society into one group does not make sense.

Why should every pensioner get every offer from the government? We are still spending more than we take in tax. And there are many pensioners in good positions as well as bad positions. Items such as winter fuel allowance, free bus passes, the Christmas bonus and other pensioner benefits take money away from other areas.

If a pensioner has paid their stamps all their days they should be entitled to the state pension regardless of private pensions or savings, but folk who only have the state pension and can't make ends meet should also be given assistance.

The free bus pass, although a great vote winner is not needed by all, some apprentices take home less than most OAP's yet are given no assistance, it also costs the Scottish Government millions a year at a time when essential services and council workers are being cut.

The freezing of the council charge hasn't help local authorities either especially with their costs rising for the last 9 years through inflation alone, but again it's a vote winner

If a pensioner has paid their stamps all their days they should be entitled to the state pension regardless of private pensions or savings, but folk who only have the state pension and can't make ends meet should also be given assistance.

The free bus pass, although a great vote winner is not needed by all, some apprentices take home less than most OAP's yet are given no assistance, it also costs the Scottish Government millions a year at a time when essential services and council workers are being cut.

The freezing of the council charge hasn't help local authorities either especially with their costs rising for the last 9 years through inflation alone, but again it's a vote winner

I'd suggest that the council tax freeze is a vote winner because it means that poorer people in particular haven't been crippled by year-on-year increases, which was the only policy of the unionist parties. Anybody who feels that the policy is somehow wrong, because they are relatively comfortable, is welcome to make charitable donations to make themselves feel better.

I'd suggest that the council tax freeze is a vote winner because it means that poorer people in particular haven't been crippled by year-on-year increases, which was the only policy of the unionist parties. Anybody who feels that the policy is somehow wrong, because they are relatively comfortable, is welcome to make charitable donations to make themselves feel better.

Unfortunately all the services the council pays goes up by inflation year on year so saying 9 years ago council brought in £100 million and services cost £90 million today if inflation has been 3% each year they still bring in £100 million but there services cost £114 million, councils have no say on electricity hikes, building material hikes, and are pushed for pay rises to allow their employees to keep up with inflation.

Unfortunately all the services the council pays goes up by inflation year on year so saying 9 years ago council brought in £100 million and services cost £90 million today if inflation has been 3% each year they still bring in £100 million but there services cost £114 million, councils have no say on electricity hikes, building material hikes, and are pushed for pay rises to allow their employees to keep up with inflation.

But somehow increasing council taxes to keep up with inflation will allow their employees to keep up with inflation? How do you work that one out?

Council tax freeze works for me. I pay less taking into account inflation and I use little services.

However the bigger picture is services are squeezed and budgets are cut. The people who use the majority of services are those who have less income and poorer health. Now that is progressive....

Personally I'd like to see local authorities be responsible for raising more tax revenue for what the spend. Politicians on all sides should have enough rope to hang themselves. Take responsibility. Stop blaming others. If you want to raise taxes to fund services then promise it and see how voting goes.

Funding and decision making is centralised in Edinburgh. Local taxation could be totally changed by the current government. But it sits on its hands. Does nothing. And we toddle along.

• Like 1