Who Are The Strikers, Out There?

potty trained

Doolan, Stevenson, Nesbitt. All forwards. We can wait.

Stevenson is far better as an attacking midfielder and Nesbitt is completely untested and, from what I've seen, isn't ready for the first team yet.

I don't mind starting the season with just Doolan but we very clearly need someone else in before the end of the window.

• Like 1

Some posters on P&B suggesting names like Nicky Clark and or John Daly. I personally wouldn't be interested in any of those two, I would rather persevere with what we have than sign either of them.

It's nothing to do with the Sevco thing its just I don't think either are better than Doolan.

Was going to mention Henri Anier but didn't realise he signed a 2 year deal with Dundee Utd in January this year, I thought he was only on loan until the Summer. he's a big strong guy and has scored goals for The Well, he wasn't up to much last year but only had 12 games and 1 goal.I think he would fit into our system quite well. United have obviously lost Ciftci but they still have Bilate, they've signed Simon Murray and some guy called Darko Bodul, while having a few youngsters like Dow, Connolly&Moore on the books aswell. I wonder whether they would want a fee for Anier, they'll probably keep him as he's the most experienced but just throwing a name out there.

Was going to mention Henri Anier but didn't realise he signed a 2 year deal with Dundee Utd in January this year, I thought he was only on loan until the Summer. he's a big strong guy and has scored goals for The Well, he wasn't up to much last year but only had 12 games and 1 goal.I think he would fit into our system quite well. United have obviously lost Ciftci but they still have Bilate, they've signed Simon Murray and some guy called Darko Bodul, while having a few youngsters like Dow, Connolly&Moore on the books aswell. I wonder whether they would want a fee for Anier, they'll probably keep him as he's the most experienced but just throwing a name out there.

Hearing some of the United fans opinions of him sounds like we maybe didn't do too badly missing out on signing him. They seem to think he is awful

just went on P&B to have a look at the Thistle thread and someone else has mentioned Anier about 3 hours ago, apparently we tried to get him in January?

Dundee United also have the boy Muirhead they signed from Killie, forgot about him.

I think Muirhead looks a really good player and I'm pretty sure he will be first choice at Dundee United this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were after Anier or Bilate but not sure if we could afford either.

Nice to balance up the chat with a dose of reality now and again. We have a striker. We play 1 up front. We don't need 750-1500 wasted on a striker to sit on the bench for 75% of the season. Would rather give the chance to an under 20 player.

I've just one pair of legs. Do I need more than one pair of trousers?

• Like 2

I'm hearing that it could be 6ft 3" Nigerian striker Edward Ofere. Scored 5 in 10 at ICT at the tail end of last season, and had a really good return at Malmo. He left ICT at the end of last season having not been able to agree a new deal.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Hopefully we sign Ofere so we can revive this little ditty the Malmo fans apparently regaled him with:

Ofere, ooo-oh, Ofere, ooo-oh! He came from the African country, he set our hearts on fire!

Think they would both be good signings (and a level above Eccleston). The Dunfermline fans were convinced Ugwu was the second coming in the first half of last season, and Ofere was pretty useful (although never a stand out) for the team that finished third in the league.

Hopefully we sign Ofere so we can revive this little ditty the Malmo fans apparently regaled him with:

Ofere, ooo-oh, Ofere, ooo-oh! He came from the African country, he set our hearts on fire!

Think they would both be good signings (and a level above Eccleston). The Dunfermline fans were convinced Ugwu was the second coming in the first half of last season, and Ofere was pretty useful (although never a stand out) for the team that finished third in the league.

Not the Dunfermline fans in my family. Described as a donkey who occasionally does something good. Decent scoring record though so must have something.

Ofere I can't see at all but he could be great