Crowd V Killie

Auld Jag

Interesting one. We're more likely to lose at Tynecastle next week than we are at home to Killie. But (unless you're on a freebie next week), you'd rather give your money to Hearts than to Thistle?

ETA: What if you turn up at Tynecastle and it's Stevenson up front again?

Not taking wee man to Tynecastle. Drinking day with Rangers supporting chum. Today would be a driving game. Fully expect to get beat next week with Stevenson up front. Obviously want to give Thistle my money but when faced with a choice I'd rather go to away games than Firhill.

Edited by The Legend Blows

Not taking wee man to Tynecastle. Drinking day with Rangers supporting chum. Today would be a driving game. Fully expect to get beat next week with Stevenson up front. Obviously want to give Thistle my money but when faced with a choice I'd rather go to away games than Firhill.

You are entitled to do what you want, but your decision to give Hearts your money at the expense of Thistle only makes it more likely that Thistle won't be able to get the players that will make you want to go to Firhill.

• Like 4

You are entitled to do what you want, but your decision to give Hearts your money at the expense of Thistle only makes it more likely that Thistle won't be able to get the players that will make you want to go to Firhill.

Indeed you are in part correct but it still won't stop Archie playing that horrible 4-6-0 formation. Took wean to park instead today.

A League has hype, star players and franchised teams.

And I'll be all the teams are hyped. In our league only two teams get most of the "hype" - OK they have the biggest support but they get it to the extent that all other teams except maybe Aberdeen and Hearts are ignored or even downplayed. In fact the media go out of their way to tell us how sh!te our league is.

Loads a teams with similar crowds to us. Inverness, Ross Co, St Johnstone, with Killie and Motherwell not too far ahead of us. Pretty sure anyone of a jags persuasion who was at the game on Saturday, will be back for the next home game. Was a cracking game. To be fair the club are trying different initiatives, but to me the £22 charged is still far too much, for 90 minutes of football. Not saying if it was reduced to say £15/£18 it would make a great difference to crowds but a Saturday game costs me well over £50 with entry for me and my son, proggie, 50/50 tickets, bit of grub and a drink. Not a lot of people can afford an outlay of over £100 for on average 2 home games a month.....never mind any away games!

Where is this idea that we have lost 1000 fans coming from? If we had 3700 home fans then crowds over the last decade would have been in excess of 4000? i must have missed that over the last 30 years?

Look at the crowds from 03/04 first 3 games at home. We've lost a minimum of 600.

4220 v Livi - 600 more than Saturday

9045 v Celtic - 2000 down

3rd game of that season at home v Dundee Utd - 4711, the last game v them drew 3761

And Motherwell had 1200 more home fans than us on Saturday, Ross County 700, I'd say that's more than "not too far ahead".

Edited by Hankey

Where is this idea that we have lost 1000 fans coming from? If we had 3700 home fans then crowds over the last decade would have been in excess of 4000? i must have missed that over the last 30 years?

I don't think we've lost fans as such. Hell of a generalisation, I know, but I get the impression that fans simply don't turn up as often as they used to. The fanbase remains fairly constant. So many that would go to say every second home game (one game a month) now only turn up every third home game and so on. The pernickety factor has increased.

In our relegation season, late into Collins tenure, 4445 turned up to see us lose to Killie against 3600 on Saturday. From an entertaining team, feel good factor point of view I know which Jags team I'd rather watch yet the crowd stats indicate the opposite. The fans tho' are out there. You'll rarely hear someone saying "I used to be a Jags fan but....." . It appears it's just harder to get them attending as often as they used to.

Include me in the apathy crew. Quite fancy it the day but struggling to find the positives to lash £22 on this. Got bore draw written all over it. Was planning on taking the wean but terrified we go along and we start wi Stevenson up front again. Could be Christmas at this rate before we score and the wee man will end up getting scarred for life. If at all possible I want Firhill visits for him to be positive experiences. Last time we went he lost interest and has never asked to go back. Think I might just save the cash as I'm going to Tynecastle next week anyway.

So you never went because you were worried that we might not score and that the game might be boring?

I think you might be supporting the wrong club, mate. The old firm or Man Utd might be a better shout for you. They win most weeks and almost always score goals.

What a strange mentality for a Thistle fan to have.

It goes without saying that you've ended up looking more than a little foolish given that you missed 4 goals and a very positive performance by us.

• Like 2