Just In, Jags V Killie, 15Th Aug 2015

Fearchar

Disappointing to see the lack of the final effort needed to put this to bed in the first half. Every goal-bound header was powder-puff, making corners pointless.

The first Killie goal was lost because the team was asleep, and even while watching Killie sending the ball on, no-one seemed to want to intervene.

After the sending-off, the team seemed to realise they had to give some physical effort too. Too little, too late. Smash-and-grab Killie won a point today and deprived us of two. Ouch!

Think there's a lot of positives to take from today. Welsh getting 90 minutes (and performing superbly well) is one of them.

Callum Booth is fast becoming a great find, and that was a very good performance from Gary Miller.

If Lindsey hadn't been caught out then we would've won that comfortably.

Got to wonder if Abdul is getting back in when fit when you see how Welsh and Bannigan played today. Midfield is looking as strong as I've ever seen it.

And what is it with Doolan? Gets dropped for 2 games. Does he go in a huff? Naw. He plays like that. Even without his goals he was MotM. Incredible performance.

Having said all that, we were one jammy Jamie MacDonald save away from totally strolling that.

• Like 1

It's easy to focus on the negatives when the team doesn't win (see the first post in this thread).

Some of our attacking play, particularly in the first half, was fantastic to watch. Time and time again we sliced Killie open and only a combination of the woodwork and last minute challenges kept the score down. Killie scored 10 seconds after we hit the post when a free-kick was played in behind our retreating players, showing just how cruel football can be, and it looked as if the ball was moving when they took their free-kick.

After their goal we lost our rhythm and although we scored again in the second half, and struck the bar, we just weren't as fluent as before.

The sending off came about as we constantly recycle the ball back to the keeper and Killie got wise to it. They put young Lindsay under pressure and he got the ball stuck under his feet ultimately pulling the attacker back when he poked the ball towards goal.

Doolan for me was the outstanding player today, he was unlucky not to get as a minimum a hat trick.

The physicality of Josh Magennis caused our central defenders untold problems today, Osman Sow will do likewise next week.

first half we played some excellent football created numerous chances

welsh and banzo played well first half seemed to drift out of it a wee bit in second

killie very physical throughout game ref was very weak

higgy apart from some outrageous tackles/elbows really was very ordinary

thought archie would have brought on big dan for lindsay second half

doolan first name on time sheet every week

both fullbacks did well today

a game we should have put to bed first half

onwards and upwards :thumbsup2:

Thought that was a great performance from almost everyone today. Welsh, Stevo, Banzo, Miller all outstanding and the rest weren't far behind. One of Doolan's best ever performances for me. Absolutely brilliant.

First 30-35 minutes we absolutely bossed it and would've been 2 up just before they equalised if it hadn't been for that lucky/wonder save (although Cerny had his own prior to that to balance it out). In the build up to their goal we made a good foul in the middle of the park but then we switched off. If the ball wasn't rolling and their guy wasn't offside then that's a cracking bit of play and goal from them, really poor from our point of view. Even more disappointing was the way we fell out the game after it too.

Then the red card. Not sure if Lindsay felt he had it under control but then the ball got stuck under his foot or whether he thought he'd be able to play his way out of trouble. Regardless, the ball should've been in the stand before the lad had the chance to get infront of him. Not the first defender to get caught out and won't be the last. I'm sure he'll learn from it and move on.

Even though we were down to 10 we still competed well and deserved to take the lead. Wasn't surprised when they equalised.

Overall plenty of positives to take from today and I thought it was a great game of football. Even enjoyed the panto style booing of Higgy after his arm/elbow in the face then trying to wind us up!

Our concern now is the lack of depth in our squad. With injuries and suspensions already playing a part and with little impact players on the bench or experienced cover for most positions I think we could really struggle if we have 2 or 3 of our best players out. Need a few in before the window shuts.

• Like 2

Dan Seaborne was absolutely superb considering it was his first competitive game in months. That last ditch tackle was so important

Yes and Macgennis had the cheek to look for a foul for it, also up there in the tackle stakes was the Gary Miller one late on

If I was A Killie fan (thankfully not that silly) I would be rather worried about the season ahead, I'm not!!!

Thought that was a great performance from almost everyone today. Welsh, Stevo, Banzo, Miller all outstanding and the rest weren't far behind. One of Doolan's best ever performances for me. Absolutely brilliant.

First 30-35 minutes we absolutely bossed it and would've been 2 up just before they equalised if it hadn't been for that lucky/wonder save (although Cerny had his own prior to that to balance it out). In the build up to their goal we made a good foul in the middle of the park but then we switched off. If the ball wasn't rolling and their guy wasn't offside then that's a cracking bit of play and goal from them, really poor from our point of view. Even more disappointing was the way we fell out the game after it too.

Then the red card. Not sure if Lindsay felt he had it under control but then the ball got stuck under his foot or whether he thought he'd be able to play his way out of trouble. Regardless, the ball should've been in the stand before the lad had the chance to get infront of him. Not the first defender to get caught out and won't be the last. I'm sure he'll learn from it and move on.

Even though we were down to 10 we still competed well and deserved to take the lead. Wasn't surprised when they equalised.

Overall plenty of positives to take from today and I thought it was a great game of football. Even enjoyed the panto style booing of Higgy after his arm/elbow in the face then trying to wind us up!

Our concern now is the lack of depth in our squad. With injuries and suspensions already playing a part and with little impact players on the bench or experienced cover for most positions I think we could really struggle if we have 2 or 3 of our best players out. Need a few in before the window shuts.

Agree 100%

• Like 1

Some of our attacking play, particularly in the first half, was fantastic to watch. Time and time again we sliced Killie open and only a combination of the woodwork and last minute challenges kept the score down. Killie scored 10 seconds after we hit the post when a free-kick was played in behind our retreating players, showing just how cruel football can be, and it looked as if the ball was moving when they took their free-kick.

Is all of this just coincidental bad luck or is it something else. Absolutely sick tae the back teeth of the continual chucking away of points over last couple of seasons. Lost count of the amount of times we pummel teams and only get a point or worse.

2 home games and 2 very **** refereeing performances. What did Smith need to do to get booked? Mageniss had many fouls including a few straw elbows, nowt. Miller got booked last week for kicking the ball away and a Killie player does it today preventing a free kick being taken, nowt. I suppose the inconsistency is the annoying thing.

First 30 minutes we were outstanding and if we were 3 up i dont think the killie fans could have complained. Really needed that second goal but just didnt come.

A bit niave of our players when we gave away the free kick. Either take the ball with you or get someone to stand in front of the ball so that the team can reorganise.

Killie started the second half better and very poor from Lindsay not to boot the ball into the stand which led to him getting sent off.

The team responded brilliantly to going down to ten and a great composed finish from doolan to go 2-1 up.

Disappointed to lose the late goal but was a decent header from boyd and the only place just outwith the reach of cerny.

Would have took a point after going down to 10 with so long of the game remaining so lots of positives to take from the game.

Lindsay will learn from his mistake and hopefully he wont get caught like that again but thats always a possibility when your a defender.

Special mention for doolan who was brilliant today and a great response for being dropped for the celtic game.

If only we had started with him against celtic who knows what would have happened!!

We are becoming the Great Predictables - another game against Killie when we should have been out of sight by half time...but we fail to take the 3 points due to a late Boyd header from a Higgy cross.

The first 30 minutes were the most one-sided I've seen at Firhill since we scored 5 in the first half against Airdrie - we played some really good stuff & Killie were truly awful. There was a warning when casual play from Frans let them finally get the ball into our penalty for the first time and it took two outstanding saves from Cerny to keep us level.

Immediately after an astonishing stop from MacDonald, Lindsay committed a clumsy foul and none of our players heard me shouting "Keep watching!" - quick thinking by Higgy though I'm not sure the ball was stationary but their guy was onside.

That quickly followed by the challenge on the back of Lawless' legs just after changed the game - How was that not a foul? Frans & Lindsay looked a soft centre and Killie got stronger but we did well to get ahead again when we were a man short. It would have been a great win but the equaliser was hardly a surprise.

I really want to see young guys being brought into the team and I like the way he wants to pass the ball out of defence but Lindsay will have to toughen up quickly - today will be a hard lesson for him.

Amoo showed a few flashes but lacked a bit of verve - judgement reserved. I haven't been a fan of Stevenson but he was having a decent game and I would have taken off Amoo instead.

Doolan was well worthy of his Man of the Match and not just for two typically well-taken goals - thought his second might have been offside though. Kris just might be the most under-rated player in the League.

It was an entertaining game and good backing from our support - there should be more of us there though!

When you're down to 10 having a player like Amoo on the park, with his pace on the break, is a real asset.

There was a so called supporter in the JH stand giving Amoo dogs abuse all game for being slow, can't jump, lazy you name it he was it. Pathetic, I saw a lot of potential in him once he gets up to speed and adjusts to the physical part of Scottish football, just hope Archie perseveres with him.

Was annoyed we never hammered them before they scored, was annoyed at the goal they scored when we switched off and annoyed at that prick boyd scoring against us as he always does but...encouraged by the result as after we went down to 10 men i would have accepted a draw. Also we were head and shoulders above Killie who were poor. As soon as we get sharp in front of goal and take our chances we will be fine, and hopefully pogba and doolan can be used to good effect throughout the season in shared responsibility for goals

Killie scored 10 seconds after we hit the post when a free-kick was played in behind our retreating players, showing just how cruel football can be, and it looked as if the ball was moving when they took their free-kick.

Just watched the goal on the Ladbrokes goal roundup on YouTube......I was totally wrong, the ball was dead when he struck it. Miller was side by side with the scorer but stopped and let him run free, Higgy seen the opportunity and played a great ball into space and the rest is history.

9 times out of 10 the referee calls that free kick back. Sounds bitter and paranoid but I'm convinced we wouldn't have got away with taking a free kick without the player spotting the ball.

Also, the ball when struck is a good 10 yards further on than where the foul was committed.

Just saying.