Kris Doolan

Barney Rubble

We play with a lone striker. That isn't going to be the same player week in week out. At times in previous seasons Doolan has almost had to carry the burden of a lone striker on his own. Hence the deployment of Stevenson in that role on occasion.

Hopefully a fit Pogba will share the burden for the whole season.

Doolan had nothing to prove least of all to the manager who knows what an asset we have in him.

• Like 2

kris will be remembered in years to come by those that were lucky enough to have seen him.

similar tokenny arthur in respect of just keeping his head down and seeing off many challengers to number one striker role

Nah. KA was more of a cult hero at Firhill. Doolan is an actual legend and as has already been said, we should count ourselves lucky we get to witness a player like Dools at Thistle.

I don't think I'll see another Jags player come close to Doolans scoring record in my lifetime...

• Like 1

I read the title. The manager clearly gets Doolan, since he constantly singles him out for praise.

We play different teams, different formations and what? 40 games a season. I hate to quote Sandy Clark but " horses for courses".

I've had a pretty good week. Decent 2 nd half at Inverness. Storming game today. How has yours been? Seen much of Thistle?

Edited Oh .Aye. And what Tom Hosie said too.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Nah. KA was more of a cult hero at Firhill. Doolan is an actual legend and as has already been said, we should count ourselves lucky we get to witness a player like Dools at Thistle.

I don't think I'll see another Jags player come close to Doolans scoring record in my lifetime...

Until I looked it up today I didn't realise quite how good his record is! Goals to games playing for Thistle is superb - lucky to have him. Edited by Charlie Endell

Archie totally understands Doolan, and Doolan knows exactly where his place is. He knows he can't do it all himself, but also is perfectly confident that he can do the business when he's on the pitch. As a true professional, any other striker coming in offers a challenge and the opportunity to improve himself. A great Thistle player with a great rapport with the fans based on his work rate and application.

• Like 1

His contract expires end of season and he'll be 29. Can we not just stop dicking about as a club and get this guy a new contract offer. Minimum 2 year extension, but based on his general excellent fitness and lack of injuries, let's make it 3 and a testimonial in 2019.

Edited by The Legend Blows
  • Like 5

Just like Archie the guy is a total pro and has that touch of class about him.

Spot on. I can only add David Rowson to the "total pro" list. Remarkably those three played many matches together and I doubt many of us commented on that. A lot of us, myself included, take real pros for granted. Only when they're no longer about do we realise just how much we miss them. Hopefully with Dools that will be many years from now.

Ian Mac and I were talking about Doolan's first touch before the game today. It is truly phenomenal.

• Like 1