Just In Falkirk Horror

angry gaz

Yes,dont like this "disappointed line",according to the Programme last night he was "disappointed" that no-one picked up Boyd when he scored Killies equaliser,said the team was confused as to whom to mark as we were down to 10 men?,well that means that himScott didn't organise them properly.This team needs to show a bit of fighting spirit and stop standing by and watching teams play round/through them.

AA was bitterly disappointed we lost last night. He said the same after Saturday.

I get disappointed when I get one less chicken ball in my Chinese order. Last night was my ******* chicken balls landing on the floor.

I get that he wants to generate a non-critical encouraging atmosphere but it sounds like he crossing into letting them be completely lackadaisical.

To be fair, it's typical manager press speak.

I don't think many these days criticise them publicly. It's not what I want to hear but I'd be very surprised,not to say disappointed, if that was what was going on in the dressing room.

Though maybe if he'd said he was angry without naming specific players...

Yes,dont like this "disappointed line",according to the Programme last night he was "disappointed" that no-one picked up Boyd when he scored Killies equaliser,said the team was confused as to whom to mark as we were down to 10 men?,well that means that himScott didn't organise them properly.This team needs to show a bit of fighting spirit and stop standing by and watching teams play round/through them.

That makes no sense. Seaborne came on to go into Lindsay's position, which is his normal position.That suggests to me that he wasn't listening during the match preparations.

to be fair, if you are a professional footballer playing in Scotland regardless of any confusion or lack of instruction, you should absolutely know that you don't leave kris boyd unmarked in the box. You have to take personal responsibility to ensure that happens surely.

The unsavoury reality is that we have neither the money nor the support to do anything other than struggle in the top flight of scottish football.

An undead bastion of bigotry in the first division gets ten times the home gates Thistle do. It's very sad, but true.

Everyone disliked (at the very least) Dick Campbell, but our crowds even now are pretty similar to then.

League tables follow finances, almost exactly. Kilmarnock, Ross County and Hamilton are again terrible teams this year but we cannot compete with wages against anyone in this division.

Boo-boys - well people have very high aspirations for Thistle, and I would never criticise anyone for that.

In that context, Alan Archibald has done an excellent job in winning the first division and staving off relegation for 2 seasons. I thank him for that.

Unfortunately, without investment of some sort, things will only continue to be tough.

• Like 2

If the boo-boys had high aspirations for Thistle, i'd cut them slack. They don't. They are corrosive. They eat away at a players confidence. When Thistle are struggling, Firhill is a particularly horrible place to watch football.

I use struggling as a relative term, most of us have witnessed much much worse. In fact, there's a large number who have witnessed nothing better.

Maybe i'm getting old but i've seen this movie before. One way or another Archie will move on. We'll be left reminiscing about those days as we watch Thistle being beaten soundly by a team with a couple of hundred fans. The SPFL days will seem like an unattainable far off land.

"Fellow fans" should be careful, very careful, about what they wish for imo.

• Like 1

Maybe i'm getting old but i've seen this movie before. One way or another Archie will move on. We'll be left reminiscing about those days as we watch Thistle being beaten soundly by a team with a couple of hundred fans. The SPFL days will seem like an unattainable far off land.

I found myself nodding along to this point, certainly since the days of visiting Cowdenbeath twice in four days is in ascertainable memory. The thought of having to languish back in the second tier as we visit Livingston and Morton twice a season is a worrying thought. But more concerning for me is that reality could be realised a lot sooner than we hoped for if things don’t improve on the park. The fans have a part to play, granted. But the bulk of the work has to come from Archie, his backroom staff, and the players. To be relegated this season, especially with the financial windfall of The Ugly Sisters being both back in the top flight next season would be disastrous.

Of course it is early days, but past experience from watching the SPL/SPFL over the years have shown me that if you find yourself down the bottom at the start of the season, there is a damn fine chance that is where your season will end.

I found myself nodding along to this point, certainly since the days of visiting Cowdenbeath twice in four days is in ascertainable memory. The thought of having to languish back in the second tier as we visit Livingston and Morton twice a season is a worrying thought. But more concerning for me is that reality could be realised a lot sooner than we hoped for if things don’t improve on the park. The fans have a part to play, granted. But the bulk of the work has to come from Archie, his backroom staff, and the players. To be relegated this season, especially with the financial windfall of The Ugly Sisters being both back in the top flight next season would be disastrous.

Of course it is early days, but past experience from watching the SPL/SPFL over the years have shown me that if you find yourself down the bottom at the start of the season, there is a damn fine chance that is where your season will end.

Along with the fans, Archie, backroom staff and players a large onus has to lie at the feet of the board.

How many schemes to raise cash, engage fans have either not got off the drawing board or been that badly run they become poisoned.

Archie can only work on the budget he has been given, it's up to the board to maximize the revenue to increase it by working out what brings the fans cash across the table

If the boo-boys had high aspirations for Thistle, i'd cut them slack. They don't. They are corrosive. They eat away at a players confidence. When Thistle are struggling, Firhill is a particularly horrible place to watch football.

I use struggling as a relative term, most of us have witnessed much much worse. In fact, there's a large number who have witnessed nothing better.

Oh so true. I said to a few people at the start of this season that I reckoned, one way or another, this would probably be his last season here. I am not defending our form so far this season, it's been mostly deplorable, but people should not forget what he has done and on a very limited budget, which has been even more limited this season. No surprise to see some regular names that disappeared last March, reappearing last night. As I have said, no complaints about that, everyone is entitled to their say, but if they are to be taken seriously, they wouldn't have disappeared when we hit that rich vein of form at the end of last season. 5 games into the season and some people are posting Archie out/ Archie must go etc,etc. Absolutely ridiculous, but that's just my opinion!

Oh so true. I said to a few people at the start of this season that I reckoned, one way or another, this would probably be his last season here. I am not defending our form so far this season, it's been mostly deplorable, but people should not forget what he has done and on a very limited budget, which has been even more limited this season. No surprise to see some regular names that disappeared last March, reappearing last night. As I have said, no complaints about that, everyone is entitled to their say, but if they are to be taken seriously, they wouldn't have disappeared when we hit that rich vein of form at the end of last season. 5 games into the season and some people are posting Archie out/ Archie must go etc,etc. Absolutely ridiculous, but that's just my opinion!

We are all Jags fans on here and so far this season there have been no calls for Archie's head from anyone on here that I have seen.

Can we please keep it positive and factual?

There's absolutely nothing above that in any way I could disagree with. I doubt there's anyone posting on here could put up a reasoned counter argument. Personally I wouldn't call the numbskulls LSR referred to in a previous post as "morons" but that's just me.

I'll leave this following outburst from a Jags supporter last night up to others to consider if they find it totally out of character with our more dismal followers. "Control it for ****s sake, you ******* idiot!" Recipient of this outburst was Kris Doolan. Maybe the guy's right and Doolan has a very poor first touch and close control. Then again perhaps this guy is a ******* moron.

• Like 2

We are all Jags fans on here and so far this season there have been no calls for Archie's head from anyone on here that I have seen.

Can we please keep it positive and factual?

It is factual....you clearly haven't read all the posts. I have read two posts from different posters saying Archie should go

There's absolutely nothing above that in any way I could disagree with. I doubt there's anyone posting on here could put up a reasoned counter argument. Personally I wouldn't call the numbskulls LSR referred to in a previous post as "morons" but that's just me.

I'll leave this following outburst from a Jags supporter last night up to others to consider if they find it totally out of character with our more dismal followers. "Control it for ****s sake, you ******* idiot!" Recipient of this outburst was Kris Doolan. Maybe the guy's right and Doolan has a very poor first touch and close control. Then again perhaps this guy is a ******* moron.

I have a guy a couple of rows behind me who shouts "get it on the deck" constantly during games - even when it is being passed on the deck! Last night he shouted it as the Falkirk keeper was taking a goal kick!

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Pretty sure that was me.

Edited to add : if it was, i'm sure you'd vouch for me that it's out of character

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

That was grim, the knackered PA, the idiot in the NS shouting at Stevenson "you fat useless barsteward" , being beaten by a team that included Kerr and Baird, Falkirk time wasting- now rife n the game. Baird's smug coupon at the corner kick, humphy wee fecker. And it starting pissing with rain at the end...Hopefully just a low point in the season. Grrrrrr

Reading some of the posts you would have to think Alan Archibald is untouchable in some quarters but he shouldn't be above criticism as long as it is pertinent. Some of the decisions this season include a visibly unfit Stevenson at centre forward against Celtic and the tactics for that game were also questionable , why did we sit so deep allowing Celtic to pen us in ? .

The Kilmarnock game in the dying minutes Kris Doolan marking Boyd ( a physical mismatch ) and Boyd unfortunately scores.

Continuing to persevere with Amoo as a left winger when he is predominately right footed which is easy for the defender to play against as he just shows him down the left hand side.

The squad is totally unbalanced with a plethora of similar type midfield players who are good passers of the ball but haven't got the athleticism to join up with the front players . The one player we had last year who could do that was Craigen who did a lot of unselfish work with his work rate but we haven't got a similar type in the squad .

The very least we should expect at this level is the team to be organised and give 100 per cent, if we get beat by a better team then so be it .

Surely some of the criticism of the teams performances this season have got be levelled at the management team .

• Like 2

jlsa I agree with your points, I'm not defending Stevenson or the management. When it's a small crowd like last night the shouts must be heard by the players and I don't see it motivating them to up their game. Also,some credit to the club on the pricing and hospitality deal for last night.

Last night was one to forget. We were awful. Falkirk no better than average,which made it worse.

What was particularly disappointing was fact that discussion before the game focused on the fact that Houston's teams away from home are well organised and set up to sit and counter so we'd need to move ball quickly through to the midfield.

Maybe it was the missing personnel but too often we took an age to do anything allowing them to get 10 men behind the ball. The players and management didn't react in anyway to counter this other than a diagonal 40 yard pass to get knocked onto no-one.

Few players made moves to find space. On more than one occasion Hendry was frustrated by the lack of movement. Shouldn't be up to the least experienced player to be doing that.

Lots for management and players to consider.