Wigan In For Henry

La Scimmia Rossa

Dear oh dear Ian.

It's been confirmed by Pete O'Rourke that Wigan have made a bid and Everton and finalising theirs. A wee bit of football speculation and rumour is what this forum needs. Rather than the tedious bollocks that is rehashed from week to week. If you don't like it, feel free to jog on.

Nothing confirmed and it's all rumour and speculation just now - we shouldn't be discussing it until we know.

What is the point of having forums?? The fans hear more on forums than is ever released from the club. Yip some of it is shit, but in general, there are a few well informed punters on here.

Pete O'Rourke is normally fairly spot on but he can't be right all of the time I suppose. We'll find out in 5 hours time anyway.

I would be happy if the big fella stayed with us, but understand that he is out of contract next season, so a move may be best for the club, given our financial situation.

I would be happy if the big fella stayed with us, but understand that he is out of contract next season, so a move may be best for the club, given our financial situation.

I wonder if Thistle have offered him a new contract, but with a release clause if genuine interest appears? If not, then they should; nothing to lose.

A bidding war is most welcome, it increases our bargaining position to secure the best deal possible for the Club. It depends, of course on what the player wants too.

If any transfer comes to pass before the window shuts, I just hope we are streetwise in our negotiations. A sell on clause is a must, just look at what Accies have couped over the years. That's even after the transfer fee itself.

A loan back option for the season could be a good move for us too, but would Archie opt to spend the money elsewhere if it were to become available to him? It will be interesting to see what pans out throughout the rest of the day.

Edited by northernsoul

And why on earth would he do that ?

Free to talk to anyone in January or tied to Thistle.

That's the downside for us re the fee. We either cash in or keep him. As others have said, we probably have enough cover. Especially if Saunders signs (or someone similar), so we should try and cash in. The Everton interest(however real) has flushed out Wigan. Who is to say that another bidder won;t appear before the window closes. Maybe someone nearer to home? Someone with a track record of hoovering up young Scottish talent?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

I've just tidied up the thread as it has gone wildly off-topic.

Please feel free to use the report button whenever you see anything that is not appropriate on the board. Reporting doesn't highlight a forum user as breaking the rules, it just highlights a post to the moderators that should perhaps be dealt with, in this case an apparent coincidence. One post mentioned that they felt using the report button was petty, however our approach to moderating the forum is generally that anything goes unless reported*. If there is anything inappropriate on other threads, please go back and report those too.

* I have jumped too fast to remove things previously, so please don't bring that up guys :P