Archie

Jagsman

We are a Championship team that pays Championship wages and attracts Championship crowds -

Is Archibald good enough to be a Championship manager? Will he be good enough to even make a realistic approach to promotion in the 206/17 season? Or do we just accept we'll have our usual nice long spell down in the doldrums - maybe even a wee holiday in the third tier? We like dipping that far.

If Archibald isn't the man - maybe he is, maybe he isn't - for the job, then why not Ian McCall? He's back in management and left a job unfinished at Firhill. And he signed the player commonly agreed to be our best in many years - Kris Doolan.

Anyway. We're going to be f**king shite until we get rid of that f**king shite sponsor.

Let's hope we're not playing Stenhousemuir, Brechin City and f**king Cowdenbeath by the time that happens.

This is our third year in the top league, so at the moment we are not a championship side! Our crowds are not much worse or better than established SPFL sides like ICT, Ross Co or St Johnstone and 2 out of those three have won major cups in the last couple of seasons. It's easy to see why these clubs are surviving in the top league. Just what the current sponsor has to do with the situation the club finds itself in is beyond me. Have a closer look at the seven or eight people that sit in the directors room!

You keep him or punt him. You don't undermine him.

This.

If you punt him, you do so in the knowledge that everything starts again. You do it with the knowledge that in the top tier, that sort of change has been a near death sentence for us in the past. Auld-Cormack. Lambie-Murdo. Lambie to Collins.

Lastly, you do it in the knowledge that the replacement has probably failed multiple times already elsewhere.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 1

This is our third year in the top league, so at the moment we are not a championship side! Our crowds are not much worse or better than established SPFL sides like ICT, Ross Co or St Johnstone and 2 out of those three have won major cups in the last couple of seasons. It's easy to see why these clubs are surviving in the top league. Just what the current sponsor has to do with the situation the club finds itself in is beyond me. Have a closer look at the seven or eight people that sit in the directors room!

Feel free to argue semantics. That'll provide us with a clear strategy for the future.

Our crowds dropped 25% last season. ICT, Ross Co, St Johnstone are either better managed (at board level) or have owners with deeper pockets.

Our budget was "slashed" - it's all in the other thread about this all being the board's fault.

Two goals since the start of the season (including a defeat at home to a Championship side) is relegation form.

We're a Premiership team until the end of the season. Rearrange the deckchairs all you want, or start thinking about what we're going to do next year.

When we're in the Championship.

Edited by Richard Nixon

This.

If you punt him, you do so in the knowledge that everything starts again. You do it with the knowledge that in the top tier, that sort of change has been a near death sentence for us in the past. Auld-Cormack. Lambie-Murdo. Lambie to Collins.

Lastly, you do it in the knowledge that the replacement has probably failed multiple times already elsewhere.

Well, let's hope the board doesn't cut Archibald's budget even further next season. If he's staying he's got to have something to work with.

This.

Even if we are cast adrift I cannot see the board sacking Archie and why should they after the job he has done since he came in? I said at the start of the season, that no matter what happened this season, I reckoned that this would be his last season at the club and I still think that. There is a long way to go this season, but the club looked geared for relegation, with 90 % of the players out of contract and with guys like Scully, McDaid, Nisbet, Wilson regularly on the bench and getting bits of game time in preparation for next season when there is likely to be a mass exodus. To be frank, the board are a total joke!

Feel free to argue semantics. That'll provide us with a clear strategy for the future.

Our crowds dropped 25% last season. ICT, Ross Co, St Johnstone are either better managed (at board level) or have owners with deeper pockets.

1) All I am stating is facts Dick. At this moment in time, we are FIVE points from 7th place. Things don't look good but no team has ever been relegated in September!!

2) Spot on

No. We all know County have money. St Johsntone have survived largely on their ability to grind out 1-0 wins and draws having adopted a mind-numbingly defensive style and you seem to pay Inverness's scouting system very little credit.

Your argument has no depth, Lindau. It's paper thin.

Your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you need to realise that it's your opinion only and it does not make it right. You come across as a, everything I say is right type, DP. All I have said is that these clubs have similar crowds to ourselves. In Ross Co case, the chairman and board both back their manager to the hilt, In St Johnstones case, name me one supporter that wouldn't take three back to back scrambled 1-0 victories at this moment and in ICTs case and every other clubs I would imagine, it's the board that funds the scouting at the club. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Not spending all day discussing this. As I have said on countless occasions. You have your opinions....etc!

Why? You're using it to defend him.

It's fair enough for now, but when do you consider it an appropriate time to quit making references to past achievements? Unless you think the past two-and-a-half seasons guarantees him a job for life.

With the job he has done in the last 3 years he deserves a chance to turn it round. I have already told you that I don't think he will be at the club at the end of the season, so why would I think that his achievements would guarantee him a job for life???

Back their manager to the hilt...so it's a question of money and nothing else?

If our board sets an affordable budget are they somehow failing to back him?

Ever thought that managers like Lomas, Wright, Hughes and Butcher made better use of the resources available to them?

I will say it for the final time, better things to do with my life. Do you think Archie has done a bad job in the last two and a half years? Most sensible people would say he has done a pretty good job getting us up, keeping us up, without the need for play offs on probably what was one of the lowest budgets in the league. His reward for that was a very big cut in his budget this season, not allowing him to bring in the players he wanted, to make the next step. Have a nice day!

Back their manager to the hilt...so it's a question of money and nothing else?

If our board sets an affordable budget are they somehow failing to back him?

Ever thought that managers like Lomas, Wright, Hughes and Butcher made better use of the resources available to them?

1. No, it shouldn't be.

2. They've backed him with additional monies in 2 Jan transfer windows to fix mistakes he has made in the Summer window.

3. They absolutely did. Lomas was one I was talking about being a replacement previously. There are managers out there who would jump at the chance of managing us on the budget/wages. Better than being out of work.

Rubbish. They show you that the club has moved debt from short to long term meaning that they don't think we will stay long in this league. Which based in their risk adverse approach is probably right.

Company accounts can and are manipulated as best they can be for potential investors. There is no defined format and as long as they are signed off can look as positive or as negative as you like.

Kenny,

Can you clarify what you mean by converting the short term debt to long term?

Have we converted an overdraft to a loan, and no longer have an overdraft facility? Is that not a concern? With major fluctuations in cashflow, surely we should always have an overdraft available "in case of emergencies".

If it's the case, how much was the overdraft for and how much is the loan for?

And has it all been spent? If so, i'd love to know what on!

It will be interest to see in the next accounts how much is owed to the directors or any of their businesses. What would concern me would be if they were looking for repayment and the club couldn't meet that. Also it is possible any money received from sale of Jack Henry has gone to repay any of the aforementioned. All will be revealed in due course once accounts are filed.

I would have thought a conversion to long term debt makes sense at current rates. Unless you have cash to pay it off or are expecting a windfall are a dramatic upturn in revenue.

You could argue that it's about stabilising outgoings.

Use your own household finances as an example.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa