Archie

Jagsman

That's harsh on the board. Archibald had the core of his squad in place for the first game against Hamilton. Miller, Booth, Amoo and Cerny all played and Pogba joined the next week.

Miller and Amoo were poor signings so have had to be replaced at the last minute by Muirhead and Dumbuya. I'd be surprised if Edwards is anything but a panic signing.

I would say the board have been supportive of Archibald by allowing him to make the last 3 signings, after wasting money on a number of others.

• Like 1

Team looked to lack a leader today, very low on confidence which is not unexpected. A few bright spots for me today, Booth played well, Lawless was lovely and Nisbet looks a great prospect. Also Pogba and Amoo looked well worth a start next week. Worryingly Dools looks a shadow of the player he can be. N next week is a must, it would take us off bottom and nearer Killie who are not a good team.

Mon the Jags

Ps what a strange reaction among the Jags fans when goal went in, it was like no one believed we had scored.

I see from his post match comments that the players are going back to basics in training this week.

Heard it all before. All confidence gone.

Change of management team please.

To be fair, look at any manager's post match comments regardless of the outcome of the match, and you can be guaranteed to have heard it all before.

It is what it is, guys. We're not getting pumped every week, but we're losing narrowly with no luck but bad luck in attendance. Some of the players need to look at themselves - Bannigan and Ozman are guaranteed starts every week, but they're not delivering. Having said all that, there comes a point where no matter what's going on, a manager can't continue, it just isn't working. Doesn't make him a bad manager, just that there's a set of circumstances that he can't sort out. We're nearly there with Archie and I suspect he knows that himself. Let's keep supporting the club in the hope that things turn around.

• Like 1

It is what it is, guys. We're not getting pumped every week, but we're losing narrowly with no luck but bad luck in attendance. Some of the players need to look at themselves - Bannigan and Ozman are guaranteed starts every week, but they're not delivering. Having said all that, there comes a point where no matter what's going on, a manager can't continue, it just isn't working. Doesn't make him a bad manager, just that there's a set of circumstances that he can't sort out. We're nearly there with Archie and I suspect he knows that himself. Let's keep supporting the club in the hope that things turn around.

My gripe with Archie at the moment is that a lot of his problems are of his own making. His dogged persistence in playing Dools upfront as a lone striker and forcing Welsh into midfield which seems to make three of our better players look poor is staggering.It smacks of last season when he continually played Stevo up top before of eventually giving up on that..He's also stuck Muirhead out on the wing when we are crying out for a central attacking threat.

At Motherwell he was far to slow to make changes as well. There should have been subs at half time.

If he needs any evidence that what he's doing isn't working then he need only look at the league table , the goals for and the points tally.There is no bad luck about it.

I think Archie has put us in this position but also the board wont sack him either so he's the only one that can get us out of it.

I don't understand this two up front patter. Two strikers were on the pitch for the whole match yesterday. OK Muirhead played out wide and cut inside but if you start withe two up front centrally one or both strikers will get drawn wide most of the time anyway. To me that's the same thing. The only time two strikers can play up front conventionally would be with a three at the back.

The major attacking problem we've got at the moment is in midfield with no one there, especially Bannigan and Welsh, getting ahead of the striker into scoring positions. Too lazy to look but I'd be fairly certain most successful sides owe more to scoring midfielders than to a second striker.

• Like 1

I don't understand this two up front patter. Two strikers were on the pitch for the whole match yesterday. OK Muirhead played out wide and cut inside but if you start withe two up front centrally one or both strikers will get drawn wide most of the time anyway. To me that's the same thing. The only time two strikers can play up front conventionally would be with a three at the back.

The major attacking problem we've got at the moment is in midfield with no one there, especially Bannigan and Welsh, getting ahead of the striker into scoring positions. Too lazy to look but I'd be fairly certain most successful sides owe more to scoring midfielders than to a second striker.

I'd agree with this, the obsession over 2 up front misses the point in my opinion.

We've had the most successful run of seasons in a long time with 1 up front, but plenty of support for the front man and movement off the ball from full backs and attacking midfielders.

Last season Thistle finished a premier league season with a positive goal difference, I'd be interested to see when the last time this happened was. We did this with the much criticised 1 up front. I think the slight change in system of forcing Welsh back into the team at the extent of an attacking midfielder has held us back, as well as losing O'Donnell who was a huge weapon for us. Losing Sincy and O'Donnell in 2 consecutive pre seasons has just proved too difficult for Archie to replace or develop a plan b.

I'd agree with this, the obsession over 2 up front misses the point in my opinion.

I'd agree we don't need to go two up front but the way we are playing just now with one central , almost completely, isolated striker who is outmuscled consistently by two defenders is failing us every week.

There are problems in our team that are fixable and I'm hoping the arrival of Edwards can spark something that will at last connect the midfield to the striker.

Pogba is beginning to look fitter and Nesbit is beginning to look the part too so we have options but whoever we have up front they're going to need far more support than the team are supplying at the moment. We can't just keep repeating a failing system.