Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

What Barney said ...

We're all entitled to opinions on the game and the team.

Some take that too far in their criticism and some in their unquestioning support.

I see no difference between, as a random example, The Cup's gloating over a loss and LSR's gloating over a win.

Both are deeply charmless, intolerant and unpleasant.

I have no idea how anyone could find pleasure in goading our fellow supporters after such a glorious win.

Opinions are like arse holes, and it seems we have a few too many opinions on here sometimes.

• Like 3

So when we lose, you lot get to ridicule the manager, call his abilities into question, start a thread asking whether he should be sacked in the lead up to a game v our nearest rivals?

9 weeks you've been spouting this sort of pish folks. What's laughable is half of you don't even attend games. You sit on here criticising team selection and tactics.

You've been bang out of order and now is the time to shut it for a few weeks.

Purely in my opinion of course. Which as we know, is as perfectly valid as yours.

Ps . "I would never tire of punching you"? What a classy family this Thistle family is eh?

So when we lose, you lot get to ridicule the manager, call his abilities into question, start a thread asking whether he should be sacked in the lead up to a game v our nearest rivals?

9 weeks you've been spouting this sort of pish folks. What's laughable is half of you don't even attend games. You sit on here criticising team selection and tactics.

You've been bang out of order and now is the time to shut it for a few weeks.

Purely in my opinion of course. Which as we know, is as perfectly valid as yours.

Ps . "I would never tire of punching you"? What a classy family this Thistle family is eh?

This is needless LSR.

Wind your neck in for once in your life.

• Like 1

i am in the archie stay camp. backed him every season in past, and continue to do so this season, backed up yearly by st purchase, buying of 50/50s, cf, club merchandise and so on.

posters like the cup i find to be childlike embarrassments but they are entitled to post their views, as ultimately it shows them to be laughed down and their posting history says more about them and how unhealthy foaming at the mouth is.

likewise lsr is entitled to post, and his latest immature child postings further establish him in a comparable light and same bucket as the cup of "posters who could be ignored", even though he is at opposite end of spectrum in views to that of the cup and cohorts.

tip to posters like the cup and lsr ..... you can get your points across equally well without portraying yourselves like ***** to be laughed at and an embarrassment to your fellow posters. alter your posting style and attitude, find a modicum of decency and sensibility, and respect for fellow jags, and don't act like a muppet.

we won yesterday. those who backed archie can be happy and proud. those who didn't, can still be happy as thistle won. celebrate, enjoy the weekend, even make your points if you want, but try not show yourself up to be a childish fool in the process.

• Like 7

I thought the reaction of the players at the final whistle spoke volumes. Archies got their support and it is obvious the recent results were affecting everyone, thought that at one point Cerny was going to cuddle and shake everyones hand in the Shed. now lets fill that European spot

LSR I did not ridicule the manager,but after the run we were on I was beginning to wonder if he was losing his touch.I am a Thistle fan and want to see us play at as high a level as possible.I feel the squad we have is capable of staying in this league and we showed yesterday just how good we can be and yes I was clapping every goal and good move yesterday.I am a Thistle fan after all.I respect your opinion even if it differs from mine.I think you should do the same and as I have said before I have missed 5 games at Firhill since 68, does that give me the right to have an opinion?

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 2

You didn't Auld Jag. A few did. Sure you have a right to an opinion. Like i do. My opinion is that when the team and manager needed the fans most, a number on here were found wanting. The took no noice of track record, ignored performances, and took the short term route. A route that has been disaster in the past.

It's the same people as last season . And the season before that too.

Let that haters hate though, when we turn it around, they'll disappear. Just like they did last season. Or they'll jump on the bandwagon and hyopcritically praise the guy they wanted sack and replaced by Mark McGhee etc.

Anyway, i'm done now .

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

• 2 weeks later...

2 great results.Lets hope its just the start of a good run that sees us go up the league.I like everybody else on this forum is a Thistle fan and want to see Thistle do as well as we can and I will always support Thistle, as I have done for over 50 years, I realise that other fans may disagree with what I say and I respect that,after all this is a forum.

It must be great to be able to celebrate a Jags victory but really enjoy moaning like **** when we lose. A kinda win/lose/win situation. Btw that isn't particularly aimed at anyone posting on here bar the most obvious couple.

Even yesterday, two up at half time, and with Archie temporarily out the frame, it was time for a pair of regular discontents to turn their displeasure towards a couple of Jags players who have both been "atrocious and a waste of a jersey". Still they were enjoying their day out :)

He's here. It's the better fan than all of you....

I'll go first.

We've won 2 games in a row. We're still 2nd bottom of the league with bang average teams (in my opinion) in front of us.

You wouldn't have replaced Archibald with Craigan, McGhee, Canning or Hartley say?

Yet Motherwell, Dundee & Hamilton all in front of us despite the back to back wins.

Have we turned a corner? I hope so. As a PTFC fan first & foremost, I want to see my team doing well.

Sitting 2nd bottom of the league late October after the first quarter, so to speak, of games played & behind some bang average sides (i'm sure La Scimicca Rossa will tell us which players or managers he'd have to replace our players/manager in the 3 teams I've mentioned otherwise he'll agree that 2nd bottom just now is a poor return) and being knocked out the League Cup at home to a first division side isn't what I'd call a reason to celebrate.

However, I'm delighted with the back to back wins. The DU game especially with the pressure on everyone (lost that one & I think it would've been a very long way back).

I won't & can't comment on yesterday as missed it due to only just returning from holiday at lunchtime (perhaps I'm the McDiarmid Jonah ) but if the better fan above wants to post his take on the game I'd be delighted to read it.

So nothing less than 3 points at home next week against Hamilton next week?

Would be a little awkward if we didn't win?

1) What are your expectations as a fan of Partick Thistle? 2) What would you consider to be an acceptable position in the league for us to finish? 3) If we achieved that position, would the same position be acceptable the following season? 4) Where do you think is the cut-off point for a Jags manager is, ie. what game/decision/moment made you believe that Archie is not good enough to be our manager?

You wouldn't have replaced Archibald with Craigan, McGhee, Canning or Hartley say?

This is ridiculous.

What has Craigan done in the game as a manager? Nothing. What has McGhee done? Failed at several clubs. Canning? Took over a high-flying team and dragged them into a relegation fight. Hartley is currently managing a bigger club than Thistle (sorry) and would have zero desire to join us, even if we could afford him, which we can't. He's done nothing exceptional as a manager either, unless you consider winning the Championship exceptional. Which is exactly what Archie did for us.

Archie has kept us in the top division under dwindling crowds while losing his best players and managing one of the smallest budgets in the league.

You don't have a clue, mate.

• Like 4

1) What are your expectations as a fan of Partick Thistle? 2) What would you consider to be an acceptable position in the league for us to finish? 3) If we achieved that position, would the same position be acceptable the following season? 4) Where do you think is the cut-off point for a Jags manager is, ie. what game/decision/moment made you believe that Archie is not good enough to be our manager?

1. Title winners. 2.Title winners. 3.Yes! 4. The day we won promotion!

Never ceases to amaze me, the same people on here always taking more joy in berating fellow fans instead of celebrating a great win !

To be fair Pinhead, there are certain people on here that post the minute a game finishes, calling for the managers head when we get beat, but are nowhere to be seen after a victory. Would be taken a lot more seriously if they posted straight away after a win as well. As I said at the start of the season, I am not getting involved this season as it has just become boring watching the few regulars that seem to take great pleasure in us getting beat so that they can have a go at the manager and the guys that stick up for him. Better things to do with my life. We are nowhere near being safe this season, but I have to say the last two games have been glorious....lol