Dundee United

Willjag

Still want him sacked though, right?

One swallow & all that.

You know what... I am delighted we got the win today. Was a bit harem scarem first half with woodwork/keepers it could've been different game for either side.

We prevailed though & hopefully it will be the start of something.

St Johnstone away & the second quarter will tell us more.

It'll be a better international break than it could've been tho.

Dumbuya is a cracking signing, full stop. Great wee player with bags of character and spirit. Must bring a lift to the dressing room. Huge credit to Archie for sourcing and signing him. Reminds me of a shorter version of Jean Yves Anis on a good day, but Mustapha's good days seem to be a lot more regular!

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

Lindsay was excellent but I always thought he was one challenge away from being sent off, he needs to learn to stop his blatant pushes on attackers. I thought booth has his best game in ages, he bombed up and down the wing all day and final ball was a lot better than its been. Showed great fitness today.

Mustapha is a great wee player, nice to have someone exciting to watch. His defensive play when under pressure from Their winger was brilliant, even when he made a mess of something he won the ball straight back. So fast over ten yards as well.

Amoo was the best I've seen him but he did fade in the second half. Big pogba was superb, especially after he moved away from Dillon who marked him reasonably well in the first half. He needs a goal though.

Lindsay's lack of pace means that this is likely to happen and he does need to work on winning the ball or giving away a foul in a way less likely to result in a card. However, the foul for the card today needed to be made, too many other players at that stage happy to stand off. Over the last couple of seasons we have lacked someone who can see when a move needs to be stopped one way or another.

Masterclass from Mustapha today, an absolutely cracking signing and hope to see him in a Jags shirt for a long time to come.

Pogba's hold up play helped to transform the way we played and I felt that him playing back to goal encouraged the midfield to come up in support more than recently. Certainly had more bodies in the box to aim at today.

• Like 3

Fantastic stuff today.

To be fair to AA with the exception of Frans, today is the first time that he's been able to get all his first team on the field and we were very good.

Dumbuya and Pogba look like they might be cracking signings.

Admin. I think this and a few other accounts might have been hacked?

• Like 2

Good stuff. There are a lot of positives to be taken from this game, beyond the obvious positive of securing all three points. We created a load of chances and should have been three up by half time. Seaborne and Lindsay put in assured performances; Dumbuya and Booth were solid defensively and a threat going forward; Bannigan was excellent, providing cover on the flank and drifting inside when required; and Pogba never gave their back four a moment’s peace. Dumbuya in particular put in an almost flawless performance. He was so good going forward that it led me to wonder whether he could be deployed further up the field, in front of Miller, who is a more defensive full-back.

Very impressed by Lindsay's performance today playing on his un-favoured side.

Anyone see the seething dab chuck his scarf towards the pitch and storm down the stairwell nearest north stand after 2nd goal? Hilarity. They must be hurting bad... :lol:

I have to agree about Lindsay. He didn't seem troubled at all.

That was coming. Killie and Dundee games could easily have gone the same way. Hopefully brings a bit if confidence and the team can kick on from here.

By the way, must be rare to see a team on a losing run continue to play football like that. How many passes on the lead up to the first goal? Full credit.

• Like 1

That was coming. Killie and Dundee games could easily have gone the same way. Hopefully brings a bit if confidence and the team can kick on from here.

By the way, must be rare to see a team on a losing run continue to play football like that. How many passes on the lead up to the first goal? Full credit.

This.

Fully agree with feeling good after a good performance, LSR.

Just want to see a happy family on here man.

You seem to have another agenda, though.

LSR's priorities are -

Getting one up on fellow posters.

Talking shite.

Celebrating Thistle wins.

• Like 1

LSR's priorities are -

Getting one up on fellow posters.

Talking shite.

Celebrating Thistle wins.

Don't think anyone will disagree with that haha

Last week I thought over the piece we got the benefit of some rather poor refereeing decisions. Today from start to finish we got a raw deal from Thomson. I'd stop just short of calling him biased but virtually every time you could cite a lack of consistency we came off with the decision going against us. Just glad we had some clear daylight between us and United and Thomson's decision making was largely academic.

Much better performance...lawless for me seemed the only one not up to it....nothing seemed to come off for him which has the been the story of his season so far.

I think it was a mix of we looked up for it but didn't do anything overly special and Dundee Utd being absolutely terrible!.

Never been a fan of Stevenson and he wasn't missed one bit today. Hopefully big Pogba can stay fit and will be good to see what Edwards can bring to the side.

Great performance today, apart from Dumbaya special mentions to Seabourne and Bannigan who were solid, Banzo suits getting forward more good to see him on the left he's better there coming forward than sitting back. Lindsay grew in confidence a couple of dodgy moments distribution wise but he's still my pick over Frans.

Points to pick at for me here might be based on fitness. Abdul was poor again for the first 30 odd minutes a few fouls and losing the ball where better teams might punish us. And I'm not sure about Pogba missed a sitter and didn't quite have the pace and guile needed at times. Doolan or Nisbet for me would have worked well the way Banzo Lawless and Amoo were supporting. We ll see what a few more games brings fitness wise. Edwards looked good in time he was on. Not sure Wilsons role to be fair can't see him starting when all are fit.

And remember we still have Muirhead and Fraser to come back. Options are there now. Onwards and upwards.

A good and vitally important win and eventually quite comfortable. The first half was a decent open game but Dundee United were a burst balloon in the second half, particularly after we went two up.

We maybe had a couple of breaks with Booth's cross being deflected for the first goal and their shot hitting the inside of the post but no more than we deserved. My view remains the same as after the Kilmarnock, Aberdeen & Dundee games - we are not as good as the last three seasons, but we are not a bad side and by no means out of our depth in this League.

I don't have any issue with the three midfielders - I often thought we have been undermanned in midfield particularly with Stevenson's lack of mobility. We regained possession regularly in midfield which enabled us to run at their defence. Pogba used his strength to take the ball off their midfield on a few occasions too.

I am not sure that Pogba is all that great and I wasn't too impressed with Amoo either. Lawless and Welsh had mixed games with some good stuff and some mince. Seabourne kick/head it the way he is facing style was quite effective.They all put in a huge amount of effort though.

Booth was excellent, Banzo ran the game in the second half and Dumbuya looks a cracking wee player.

It's good to remember that winning feeling...only disappointment was not getting the free ball.