Saints V Jags

Lindau

Surprised no topic up yet before the game, so here's my tuppence worth. Very hard game to call, with the Saints, who arguably got the result of the season so far at Pittodrie a few weeks ago and obviously in top form, against us, who finally got the monkey off our back against Und. Would happily accept a draw, but have a feeling we might lose a close one up in Perth.

Edited by Lindau

Actually looking forward to this, which probably means it will be a 1-0 borefest to the Saintees. Imagine we'll go with the same team, although I can potentially see Miller coming in for Dumbuya as I saw he's had a tough international trip posted in another thread plus if he's still not fully fit, may get a rest for this one. Would quite like to see Muirhead come in for Welsh, moving Bannigan back to centre midfield, but am happy to go with the same team as Dundee Utd as long as we don't play with 3 holding midfielders.

Actually looking forward to this, which probably means it will be a 1-0 borefest to the Saintees. Imagine we'll go with the same team, although I can potentially see Miller coming in for Dumbuya as I saw he's had a tough international trip posted in another thread plus if he's still not fully fit, may get a rest for this one. Would quite like to see Muirhead come in for Welsh, moving Bannigan back to centre midfield, but am happy to go with the same team as Dundee Utd as long as we don't play with 3 holding midfielders.

Sean was my MOTM against Utd, I'd hate to see him not start!

Can never figure out why we never get a win at McDiarmid. It's neither an intimidating place nor does the pitch have any obvious nuances. St J tho' don't lose more than one goal at home very often (once in the last year I think and that was to Celtic) and I really think we really need to score twice to have much chance of winning.

St J are on a good run of form, however they are not world beaters and are beatable, even by us in our current state. We need to get in their faces from the start, last season we scored 2 against them in the first 20 minutes (albeit at Firhill) and they subsequently offered no threat after that.

If we can get that oh so important first goal in the game tomorrow, it opens the game up and they need to come at us which allows or expansive players to hit them on the break.

A lot of ifs and but's here but the truth is we can definitely take something from this game