Saints V Jags

Lindau

Ok. Weird stat, but am I correct? I reckon today is the first time since promotion that we've taken a one goal lead into the last 20 minutes and just held it. Not lost it, and not added to it, just held on. Anyone think of another time?

It's quite a stat if true, as I reckon it's something that happens pretty regularly in your average football match.

Ok. Weird stat, but am I correct? I reckon today is the first time since promotion that we've taken a one goal lead into the last 20 minutes and just held it. Not lost it, and not added to it, just held on. Anyone think of another time? It's quite a stat if true, as I reckon it's something that happens pretty regularly in your average football match.

were we not beating County 2-1 away last year after Frans and SOD's goals after being one down and won? anyway whogeeezafuuuuuuuuuuk! that 2nd half was bloody nerve wracking, refreshing the official site and twitter every 10 secs while listening to open all mics, i was just waiting for a 2nd goal for St J, it was bloody misery!

• Like 1

Total nailbighter of a second half. Jags well on top in first half but the early goal second half seemed to put us into a world where we began to slightly doubt ourselves. Fortunately we pulled ourselves together and survived some major scares. Pogba probably our MOM for me, when he was substituted for Doolan we lost all presence up front. Sean Welsh was a major let down today, a number of passes went astray and why he wasn't substituted for Stevenson escapes me. Miller, Amoo and especially Cerny all excellent today.

• Like 1

Total nailbighter of a second half. Jags well on top in first half but the early goal second half seemed to put us into a world where we began to slightly doubt ourselves. Fortunately we pulled ourselves together and survived some major scares. Pogba probably our MOM for me, when he was substituted for Doolan we lost all presence up front. Sean Welsh was a major let down today, a number of passes went astray and why he wasn't substituted for Stevenson escapes me. Miller, Amoo and especially Cerny all excellent today.

Seems that Welsh is a let down most weeks (unfortunately).

Edited by Judge M

I thought in second half pogba was becoming isolated and so it would be a good idea to get some pace on up front. I was wrong. Doolan was awful and his cameo surely showed everyone what a good job pogba had done.

Cerny, amoo, bannigan, lawless and Lindsay all had excellent games also.

Welsh was poor and booth didn't have his best game. We will need welsh next week though with osman out but he needs a big performance.

Did we set up the same as against Dundee United, with Bannigan in a more advanced role, and Lawless just off the striker? It's amazing what a tweak in formation can achieve, with pretty much the same personnel.

Think it's no coincidence that we've got two good results with Frans out the team. Had a poor season, and always prone to an error. Seaborne is our best defender when fit, and Lindsay deserves a run.

Glad to hear Amoo is starting to show his worth. I also think Pogba is much more suited to playing physical defences than Doolan, who has barely had a sniff in most games against St Johnstone(bar his goal last season).

Did we set up the same as against Dundee United, with Bannigan in a more advanced role, and Lawless just off the striker? It's amazing what a tweak in formation can achieve, with pretty much the same personnel.

Same set up tho' Banzo doesn't play rigidly left flank. Wee Stevie's goal just highlights why his best position isn't as an orthodox winger. Not sure if Miller was told to push forward like Dumbaya or SOD. He's maybe not the all defensive full back some of us thought. Did, albeit from a distance, see signs of Miller's centre back capabilities later in the game. Even if he doesn't get a regular start he could be a likely sub should we be winning a game or maybe even drawing away from home.

Don't have an opinion re Pogba/Doolan as, tho' better lately, I still feel it's isolation that's the underlying problem. Pogba looks to me to be doing what Stevenson was trying to do when selected upfront. So that's an improvement.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Don't have an opinion re Pogba/Doolan as, tho' better lately, I still feel it's isolation that's the underlying problem. Pogba looks to me to be doing what Stevenson was trying to do when selected upfront. So that's an improvement.

I only listened to the excellent audio commentary yesterday but it was mentioned a couple of times that after Dools came on the gap between the midfield and forward had became greater. Pogba's more physical presence seems to be giving the midfield a bit more time to get up and support. A fit Pogba is going to be vital to our season.

Terrific result. One to be proud of.

However, can't take anything away from the strikes but, two goals with not alot of teamwork required. Decent performance, but clearly not sufficient to assume we're now a settled team on a roll.

Game of two halfs really. Us first, them second. Can take confidence from showing we can compete and get results, but still alot of work needed to realise our potential.

Heading in the right direction? I think the signs are becoming more visible that we have the players and ideas to command some respect. Just wish we could avoid losing players to injury, suspension and form. That said, maybe a game or two without Abdul will reveal something good.

Bring on the Hamilton fleeto. Their Yoof ain't worth sh1t3, but are a game bunch. ... To coin a cliche, (excuse the oxymoron) Keep Calm and Concentrate Thistle.

We are better than good enough.... potentially.

:fan:

• Like 1

I only listened to the excellent audio commentary yesterday but it was mentioned a couple of times that after Dools came on the gap between the midfield and forward had became greater. Pogba's more physical presence seems to be giving the midfield a bit more time to get up and support. A fit Pogba is going to be vital to our season.

To be fair the gap was always going to get wider as we were defending deeper and deeper even before going down to ten men. Could just as easily say that Doolan is better equipped to run a game down by taking the ball into the corner/down the flanks. Didn't happen tho'.

Terrific result. One to be proud of.

However, can't take anything away from the strikes but, two goals with not alot of teamwork required...

It still seems that much of the effort is going into delivering crosses into the box that give a poor return in goals, whereas both the shots from Miller and Lawless, of course, resulted in goals, and one of Bannigan's attempts was close to being on target but out of reach of the goalkeeper.

would be interested to hear the opinion of those who were at the game re the searching/patting down episode before being allowed through the turnstiles.

What would have happened if I had refused to be "patted down"??

(oh, and do they do that when the other Glasgow team visit? hmmm?)

Edited by JAGSMAN1968

would be interested to hear the opinion of those who were at the game re the searching/patting down episode before being allowed through the turnstiles.

What would have happened if I had refused to be "patted down"??

(oh, and do they do that when the other Glasgow team visit? hmmm?)

they can refuse you entry.