Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

Maybe a bit early to start a topic on Saturday's game, however I think the magnitude of the game merits an early start.

I genuinely think that we will win this, we must be brimming with confidence after the Killie game and on looking at Utd's team on Saturday they are pale shadow of where they were 18 months ago.

If we start in the same manner as we did at Killie, high tempo, ball being moved quickly I honestly don't think they will cause us many problems.

The only changes for me would be Cerny in and possibly Amoo or Stevo for Muirhead.

A real opportunity to move up the table and put even more distance between us and them.......oh and finally a great opportunity to get the first 12 Archibalds in!!!!

This is the sort of game we usually lose. In good form, the opportunity to put a good bit of daylight between ourselves and the bottom, almost everyone fit and in good form.....

I've come to terms with the feeling of trepidation that is just normal for a Jags fan. We're going to keep our run going here, show them we're the better side.

• Like 5

Before last week's postponement I'd have been very happy with 4 points from the 'Well and United games and if that was the case ideally the 3 points against Motherwell and a draw at Tannadice. So with that in mind I'd still happily take a point even if it puts added pressure on the rearranged match with 'Well,

Paulo is spot on - everything points towards a jags win, which almost certainly means we will lose!

Complete reverse in fortunes from our trip there in February this year when I don't think anyone expected us to get anything from the match, let alone win 2-0 and dominate for the most part.

Looks like we will have one of our biggest away supports of the season up there as well, a lot of non-regulars seem to be making the effort to get to this game, many people using it as an xmas day out with mates.

Really looking forward to the day out but I have to admit I am quite worried about us going up there as favourites.

But I agree with the OP on one thing. If we get off to a good start as we did against Killie and get an early goal, we will almost certainly win the match. So fingers crossed.

• Like 1

This optimism, against a team at the bottom of the league, who have won once in their last 10 games worries me. Add in the significance of the 3 points to our league position and I fear the worst. After following Thistle for so long I am bracing mysef.

Very apprehensive about this one. Lets hope for a non-typical performance.

Sunday is Archie's 38th Birthday.

He is the 12th youngest manager in Scotland and as far as I can work out there is only 8 younger gaffers plying there trade in all 92 English league clubs.

His (approaching) 3 years in the top job make him the 4th longest serving boss in Scotland, and only 12 have had their feet under desk longer down south.

He got us up and has kept us up.

I know christmas is coming, but I hope we have a decent support make the effort to get to dundee and urge the team on to give Double A the first of many happy returns.

Gerintaerum!!!

:fan::partyhat::fan:

Sunday is Archie's 38th Birthday.

He is the 12th youngest manager in Scotland and as far as I can work out there is only 8 younger gaffers plying there trade in all 92 English league clubs.

His (approaching) 3 years in the top job make him the 4th longest serving boss in Scotland, and only 12 have had their feet under desk longer down south.

he's also the longest serving manager in the premiership

I know christmas is coming, but I hope we have a decent support make the effort to get to dundee and urge the team on to give Double A the first of many happy returns.

so in addition to six spinetingling rousing renditions of twelve days of christmas, we have to fit in several recitals of happy victoryday to archie as well into the bulging songbook for saturday? going to be a lot of hoarse jags fans by ten to five. :fan:

• Like 1

Assuming everyone we expect is fit, I suppose the questions are:

Does Cerny come in to replace Scully?

Who replaces Muirhead? Will Welsh come back in to the middle, with Bannigan pushed out left? Will we see Stevenson, or Amoo, or another?

Think a lot will depend on Lawless. If he's 100% fit then it will likely be minimal change. Cerny for Scully and anyone from quite a few attackers for Muirhead. If Lawless doesn't make it then there could be a quite a change. Also gotta bear in mind United may well play three centrebacks, which may favour us in so much as Bannigan could get a bit further forward.