Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

Well said allyo. The disappearance of certain characters over the last few weeks has been nothing but staggering, won't bother naming names, we all know who they are, but they will be back at the next bad result. Supporters my backside!! Anyway another fantastic result by the team and management. This isn't a time to gloat, we are still only 3 points away from the play off place, on the other hand 9 more wins from our remaining 21 games will see us equal last seasons points total. Don't think anyone saw that coming 5/6 weeks ago.

Didn't stop you doing it though, did it?

;)

Didn't stop you doing it though, did it?

;)

Nope, as I have said countless times before these so called fans would be taken more seriously if they appeared in the good times, but we all know they don't. That's three years running now the exact same culprits have gone AWOL when things turn. Think even the most sceptical fan on here can see right through them now! We will hit another bad run and they will be straight back on 5 minutes after the final whistle telling us the manager is clueless and should be sacked and the team is shite!

Edited by Lindau

One would hope, now the financial situation is rosy, we would try to get some guys signed up in January given most of the team is out of contract in the summer. Cerny is a must along with Dumbuya, Booth and quite a few others!!

im sure Booth is on a deal where when he plays a certain number of games he gets another year on his contract. I'm pretty sure he has played every minute of every game this year so should be any day soon and his contract will be extended which is great news

im sure Booth is on a deal where when he plays a certain number of games he gets another year on his contract. I'm pretty sure he has played every minute of every game this year so should be any day soon and his contract will be extended which is great news

If that's true, that's excellent. Booth has been a great signing. Cerny is vital to me. Would like to see him signed up for the next few years!

• Like 1

Just in after a day out in freezing Aberdeen.

Been a joy reading all the posts about our latest win....

Anyone getting bored with winning all the time? No, me neither.

Let's keep it going until we meet the sheep worriers on the 30th and then ruin their kid on attempt at winning the league....

We are Thistle.....and it's good to be us.

• Like 1

To be totally honest the in the first half we were nearly as bad as the home side. Played really well for 20 mins got a goal should have got more: then fell right out of the game.

Not one of our best performance, but possibly our most important result since the Morton game at Firhill. If we can get Fraser back in the team and smarten up our passing and ball retention. Top 6 here we come?

Imagine we'll hear a lot of sour grapes from United but the one overriding factor has to be that no team playing with three centrebacks at home against a team like us deserves to get anything bar a goalless draw. I though Killie were daft enough with their line up against us but this lot today took the biscuit. The only way they could've got a draw today was from a dead ball and if we face any criticism is we went out our way to oblige them.

Really weird to see both Booth and Dumbaya with so little to do in the first half. The Pub Landlord more or less said on radio he played five at the back and if Doolan hadn't scored he'd have continued using his wingbacks in defence. So difficult to combat but so ridiculously negative and as said if it hadn't been for us giving them so many free kicks and corners we wouldn't have had such a nervous end to the game.

Can i just say ..........

****!N YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

:fan:

Some less than accurate reporting in the Scotsman online. Not sure if it's a Scotsman report or Press Association patter.

Callum Booth’s hopeful ball into the box picked out Doolan, who controlled with his left foot before finishing with his right,

From what I mind it was Bannigan that played the ball in and Doolan controlled the ball with his right foot scoring with his left.

Just seen the goal there. Another one for Dools where the ball goes to his feet. I think one of the reasons for his form of late is how much better the final ball has been. We seem to have cut the the very wide cross from out on the byline to the isolated forward between two central defenders in the middle and its paying off.

I'd still like to see us go through the middle a bit more . A return to form for Gary F could be vital for us,

A few thoughts on the game yesterday. Firstly, delighted to get the three points and see Doolan get the winner with another excellent finish.In terms of performance it was far from the best we have played this season. I put this down to a couple of things, firstly the way Dundee United set up is bizarre and this has been commented on by Archie and Martin Canning so it is difficult to get a free flowing game. Also, you could tell some of the players were struggling with knocks, especially Lawless. The defence was excellent yesterday and the presence of Cerny in the last 10 minutes made things feel a bit more comfortable. Seaborne continues to impress.

It has been a great turnaround over the last few months and Archie deserves great credit. One thing I have noticed is how many more players we are getting into the box when we are in the final third. Dundee United did not look like a team yesterday whereas you can tell we play for each other and the manager. I can't see United turning it around unless the chairman splashes stupid amounts of cash. What on earth has happened to John Souttar? I remember seeing him play centre back in the 1-1 game at Firhill a couple of years ago when he was about 17 and he absolutely strolled it. He was strolling about yesterday pretending to be Pirlo and was chronic, looked like he didn't care.

• Like 1

How did Welsh play yesterday?

Played well as did Bannigan and Osman. Maybe the pick of the trio. Gotta be said that given the United set up we were always going to stroll the midfield. Looked to me that only when they introduced Rankin did they start contesting midfield. Not sure if I'd put that completely down to the player himself as we were sitting back quite a bit by then.

Got a feeling that if they had Paton on yesterday, and playing at his very best, then the result might well have been different. I reckon it would be in our interest if United were to pick up a few points in three out of their next four games.