Happy As Larry

ayrshire jag

After watching them take Ian Gibson from us plus Archie and Shaggy and McNamara and beating us in play off fiasco in 1996 ( we were denied a stonewall penalty before they equalised) and umpteen heavy defeats in the 80's and 90's, tonight I feel as if we are now getting some long overdue payback, 3 straight wins over them without conceding a goal, it can,t get much better.

Well done Archie and the boys you make us all proud to be Jags fans.

For ever and ever..........

AJ

• Like 2

After watching them take Ian Gibson from us plus Archie and Shaggy and McNamara and beating us in play off fiasco in 1996 ( we were denied a stonewall penalty before they equalised) and umpteen heavy defeats in the 80's and 90's, tonight I feel as if we are now getting some long overdue payback, 3 straight wins over them without conceding a goal, it can,t get much better.

Well done Archie and the boys you make us all proud to be Jags fans.

For ever and ever..........

AJ

While I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly and believed the same for many years, YouTube has convinced me on that occaison Les Mottram was unfortunately correct....

I reproach you, Ayrshire Jag for reminding me of one of the worst nights of my life at Tannadice 1996.

We should forget these nights. Erase them. It did not really happen. Much as I despise the Arabs, they should be respected for winning the league and producing some brilliant Scottish players.

They are definitely not the 3rd most despicable team in Scotland.

I offer you this Hall Of Shame in no particular order-

Dundee

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Airdrie

Clyde (who should be in the Juniors by now)

Any other team that are sevco sympathisers

Then we could consider the Arabs.

Anyway the Bridge will be back with us very soon.

I reproach you, Ayrshire Jag for reminding me of one of the worst nights of my life at Tannadice 1996.

We should forget these nights. Erase them. It did not really happen. Much as I despise the Arabs, they should be respected for winning the league and producing some brilliant Scottish players.

Dundee

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Airdrie

Are Clyde really despicable? I've always just viewed them as quite amusing.

Are Clyde really despicable? I've always just viewed them as quite amusing.

Aye. And I believe their support has endeavoured to be more airdrie-ish since we took them seriously.

Bit of a shame. Could have been contenders for mediocrity had it not been for mis-management and board room fuddery, I reckon. But... considering the utterly dispropotionate hatred I've witnessed from some of their (to be fair loyal) remnants of a support towards the jolly ol' jags... I say ... eff em.... I'm glad they're in the sh1t3 without their wellies or a clothes peg.

O.T.I.G. .... Ruglens a shitehole why'd y'wanna go home, ya gypos?!

:fan:

Dundee

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Airdrie

That list has got me thinking, agree with them all. I'd only add Hibs. Horrible team, horrible fans, for years. The Hamilton play-off win at Easter Road is one of the best You Tube clips ever.

Not a big fan of Celtic or Hearts at all but for some reason I find both a lot less vile than their rivals.

Hope Hibs keep Rangers down though. I'd like them for a few days then.

• Like 1

Played three Jags 9 pts United 0 pts. Played three Jags 6 goals United 0 goals. Kinda sweet, eh?

One of those inexplicable expressions. "Bob's your Uncle" most probably originated from Robert, Marquess of Salisbury's blatant use of political patronage. But who was Larry?

Lawrence of Arabia obviously. Always enjoyed a victory over the Arabs!

It isn't - check the stats thread - it's the second time in 2015 we've achieved this feat.

I thought that even when it was announced twice on BBC radio that it was 20 years. But I put it down to yet another of my senior moments when Archie went along with it in interview, saying he wasn't surprised due to our inconsistency. Feel better with myself now :)