Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

My Celtic supporting mate said something similar this morning but didn't think it was reliable. Only 18 years old.

Actually his birthday is 5th February so he will be 19 this week. OK still young but not so raw as 18 - a year can make a big difference in teens. Though I would expect he is squad filler. Good enough to risk playing but other players like Elliot, Amoo, Lawless and German will be ahead of him. I believe he is highly rated and you never know he might be just what we need. Anyway we needed that extra bit of cover up front: maybe we should see him as the Muirhead replacement.

Actually his birthday is 5th February so he will be 19 this week. OK still young but not so raw as 18 - a year can make a big difference in teens. Though I would expect he is squad filler. Good enough to risk playing but other players like Elliot, Amoo, Lawless and German will be ahead of him. I believe he is highly rated and you never know he might be just what we need. Anyway we needed that extra bit of cover up front: maybe we should see him as the Muirhead replacement.

Maybe we should see him as Aidan Nesbitt.

Welcome to Firhill Aidan.

• Like 1

In a relegation tussle.

Lowest scorers in the league.

Threadbare inexperienced squad outside the usual starting XI.

So we sign a nomad from the Indian league and a young boy.

Wow.

10th with 3 games in hand

Best defense out with the top 3

We have cover for all positions

We bring 2 guys in who have (by all accounts) been playing well at their respective level and are ready to try and step up to ours

I expect Archie see's potential in these signings / loans.

Archie hasn't always got it right, but I'd have thought that with the likes of Abdul Osman and Mustapha Dumbaya he is pretty shrewd. Within the club's budget you can't really expect miracles. Both players have been exceptionally good for us. Hopefully that trend continues.

In Archie we trust.

Edited by douglas clark

If you assume Celtic, Hearts, and Aberdeen plus Sevco & Hibs in the league below are in a different ballpark financially, I'm not really seeing any other deals this window that make me think "we missed out on one there". Gomis to Motherwell is good but he'd be too similar to Osman.

If you want to put a positive spin on it, German scored 6 goals in 9 games for his last club and Nesbitt has been tearing the development league up for arse paper but isn't going to get a game ahead of the likes of Commons and Armstrong just yet.

I expect Archie see's potential in these signings / loans.

Archie hasn't always got it right, but I'd have thought that with the likes of Abdul Osman and Mustapha Dumbaya he is pretty shrewd. Within the club's budget you can't really expect miracles. Both players have been exceptionally good for us. Hopefully that tend continues.

In Archie we trust.

Agree with the gist of your post, DC, but I think you would have to be completely new to watching football to fail to see the potential of Nesbitt. I think that he'll offer the sort of creativity Archie has been looking for, albeit at his age used lightly and/or maybe coming off the bench.

• Like 2