Celtic Away

MonehJags

After the great result last night there hasn't been a better time to be going to parkheed optimistic of getting a result. I think as seen late in the game last night, playing two up front will cause an indifferent celtic defence problems. Pogba if nothing else can be effective at holding the ball up by using his strength will give there big central defenders problems. His finishing is the worst I've ever seen for a striker so by playing Doolan up along side him would give us a chance of scoring. Not sure why Fraser was omitted from the squad last night but surely he must be back to full fitness on Saturday and should take Edwards slot. Id bring in Pogba for Amoo.

Never been a better time to be a Jag. Hopefully start seeing the majority of the team sign contract extensions and keep the feel-good factor going around Maryhill. Keep this up and then you will see the attendances rise at Firhill

• Like 1

Although quite a few Jags fans are feeling quite confident that we can get at least a point from this game, 99% of people will be expecting a home victory. That might well work to our advantage if Archie can keep the players' confidence up throughout; and why not "surprise" them with two up front from the start, as one or two folk have suggested.

Not keen on changing a formation that has served us well.

You need to change your formation to suit your opponents. When Pogba came on against celtic earlier in the season you could see how much it unsettled there defence. He would be uneffective playing himself up front though and by having doolan play off him we could get some joy. Our record against celtic since we got promoted has been poor, but we need to have someone up front who can hold the ball up and take the pressure off or else it will just keep coming back at us. I dont think dropping Amoo for him will be a great loss either.

You need to change your formation to suit your opponents. When Pogba came on against celtic earlier in the season you could see how much it unsettled there defence. He would be uneffective playing himself up front though and by having doolan play off him we could get some joy. Our record against celtic since we got promoted has been poor, but we need to have someone up front who can hold the ball up and take the pressure off or else it will just keep coming back at us. I dont think dropping Amoo for him will be a great loss either.

Amoo was a lot better last night and put in a good shift for the team (apologies for cliche). I can see his pace as being useful against Celtic and he gets up and down the pitch well and supports his fullback. I do not think we can afford to play Pogba up front from the start as we needs lots of mobile players who can cover large parts of the pitch. A later substitution and formation change may be a helpful option as it was last night to drive play further up the park if we are camped in.

Teams have been scoring against them. Consequently they have been taking points off them.

We are better than some of these teams. But we will not score by leaving Dools lonesome up front. 1-0 or 2-0 as usual. This is our chance to beat them and we should be brave. Give Dools a striking partner and get intae them.

The Firhill game was embarrassing as we were terrified of them but we have improved immensely since then and they have been suspect at the back.

1 defeat in 10, and the suggestion is to change the formation??

I like a bit of optimism as much as the next guy.

You need to play to either your strengths or in this case celtics weakness. If we try and sit in for the full game against a team who are arguably the best attacking team in the country then it will be a very long 90 minutes. We will need an out, someone who can ease the pressure off our defence and unsettle they'res. Im not overly impressed with Pogba but I think in a game like this he is ideal. With Doolan alongside who can finish then weve got a chance.

As a manager you cant just turn up and say, well we won last week with this team, we'll play the same team again. Its Ok if your playing your dundee's and kilmarnocks but celtic is a totally different game altogether. Id rather we had a go from the start rather than try and change it 20 minutes from the end when were maybe trying to chase the game.

I am up the Sellik end diagonally across from where we are placed, thanks to my mates friends season ticket. Was there last time we played there. Think it was clear I wasn't supporting the home team, but got no hassle, doubt that would happen if it was in the South Side! Can't for the life of me see us playing with two up, until maybe later in the game. Bit worried about this. They are due a resounding home win, but hopefully our defence will be as solid as it has been during this phenomenal run. Before Pittodrie I would have taken 1 from 6 so anything gained on Saturday is a massive bonus!

Edited by Lindau

This is the two teams with the best form in the last ten games going into this one. Celtic with 23 points and the Jags with 21. But we'll still be expected to lose. Got to put up a fight and get in about them

We're on our best run in a generation and all the talk is of Celtic sacking their manager. Shows how far they have to fall before anyone else gets a look in.

Not sure how I see this. Agree that changing a successful formation seems strange, but maybe we have to do something a bit special to get anything from this game, and it's an opportunity to have a go.