Celtic Away

MonehJags

Were we to move to 4-4-2 I'd be concerned that our two strikers would rarely see the ball, and only then when it has been launched at them by Seabourne. Stick with 4-2-3-1 and break with pace.

I really believe you can make too much of formations. But anyone that thinks playing 4-4-2 is more attack minded than our default set up is deluded.

I really believe you can make too much of formations. But anyone that thinks playing 4-4-2 is more attack minded than our default set up is deluded.

If we play tomorrow with one striker, doesnt matter who it is, he will be isolated to the point where he is ineffective. We've all seen it everytime we've played them. In terms of our 'default setup' we will be lucky if we create a chance never mind being attacking minded. As someone posted earlier, another man up top ties up another of there players as well. I dont see the point of playing Amoo unless he gets support, he can run an cross the ball aw day but if there is no one up to help him its futile. We will undoubtedly be playing long balls at stages throughout the game, i.e. clearances up the park. The last thing they will want is a big player out muscling them for the ball. If he has someone close to support then we have the chance to build an attack. Pogba must surely start but I wouldn't drop Doolan. To me its a no brainer. Try something different against them and give ourselves a chance is all I want to see.

It's reported somewhere that both our fullbacks are struggling after knocks on Wednesday. Miller would obviously come in but I don't know who we'd play in the other slot. Could I suppose play three centrebacks and in doing so could then play two upfront. I've no idea whether Pogba has anything like 90 mins in him. If not then Nisbet, who is big and strong, might be needed on the bench.

Hopefully both Dumbuya and Booth make it but we need them at 100%

Did we actually go two up front v Aberdeen or did Doolan just not fall back into were Edwards was playing?

Doolan tracked back when necessary, which was often during the last period of the game, but to all intents and purposes we were still playing two up. Looked to me Edwards played a slightly deeper role. Think tho' you can make too much of formations. Don't think we ever play any set up rigidly.

I really hope Dumbaya makes it. He can rip the Sellick defence a new one.

Hopefully Ambrose is playing for them.

Not gone into a Sellick game with such confidence for a while. The longer we can keep them out, the more uptight the greatest fans in the world will become .

Can we snatch 3 points? Absolutely.

Some very astute postings today, some with interesting and varied views. Several potential coaches on here today.

I would like to see 2 up front simply because other teams have tried this tactic against them with success. I know it's not our ideology but on this occasion we should get the ball to the front 2 early as it is likely that we will be under pressure in midfield anyway.

We have played well with our usual system and asGnome says with attack minded midfielders it can be attackin. Problem is, our mids will not be attack minded in this game. And Dools will be isolated.

Could revert to 'default'. Could LIB please clarify what this is?

I would like to see 2 up front simply because other teams have tried this tactic against them with success.

Sorry for the over-edit, but I couldn't agree more with this. Throw in a table spoonful of grit and a pinch of belief and we can emulate what Killie, Motherwell and others have already managed this season without too much difficulty.

My biggest, and only, concern is our injury and suspension list. Otherwise, this Celtic team is there for the taking.

Intaerrum Thistle!

• Like 1

Whilst not been frightened of Celtic the one thing that we mustn't do is give away a goal in the first 15/20 minutes like we've done so often against Celtic. Other than that as usual with Thistle it's fairly pointless trying to guess what the result will be other than having confidence and faith in the players and management that this time will be different.

Edited by stillresigned

​Spare a thought for us tomorrow guys. Courtesy of my sons work we have hospitality in the north east executive section ....if we go 2 or 3 up i wont be able to contain myself,,,,ejected from porkheid 'it will be worth it... mon the Jags................

Edited by Jimmy McD

I don't buy into trying to copy what worked for another team, instead of what we train every week, and what is working for us. Switching to an unfamiliar system against the strongest team in the country is not playing to our strengths.

Anyway, whatever formation or personnel take the field, lets do them for once, in their own midden!