Ict Match 23Rd January

Some Parish News

Firstly Scot Rail's Club 50 is back on. Meaning us youngsters over the age of 50 can travel for £16 return from wherever in Scotland.

Secondly I see ICT are doing this initiative again. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/795470/fans-pay-can-caley-thistle-v-partick-thistle-match/

Not certain the significance of this for visiting supporters tho' I was under the impression that patg prices have to be reciprocated :unsure:

• Like 1

As regards the Club 50 offer I am a bit worried that potential nudity might not be too attractive given the target audience - of course I can only speak for myself as a member (oooerrrr missus) of the club:

Club 50 is ScotRail’s new exclusive club for people 50 or over.

As a member you’ll get a year-round 20% discount on Off-Peak and Advance tickets purchased online. Throughout the year you’ll also benefit from other exclusive offers and deals.

From 4th January until 19th March 2016 Club 50 members can purchase £16 flat fare return tickets for Standard Class travel between any two stations in Scotland. You can also use this offer to travel from Lockerbie on TransPennine Express services (once this line reopens after flooding damage is repaired)

Before you book your £16 flat fare return tickets, bare in mind the sports events that are taking place on 6th February (RBS Six Nations: Scotland Vs England) and 13th February (Scottish League Cup Final, RBS Six Nations: Scotland Vs France). Trains will be very busy.

It’s quick and easy to join and membership costs just £15 for the year - all you need is an email address and photo.

If all you old folk are travelling together, is there not a danger that there will be an overwhelming stink of piss in the carriage? I'll probably get the bus just to be on the safe side. :-)

Don't forget the build up of potentially huge volumes of combustible flatulence over such a long journey too.