Erskine

Veejag

Separate thread required folks.

Quite simply the most magical Thistle player in my lifetime. For me, he's up there with Chic, Britton, Hardie and Danny Lennon as an absolute hero.

Even Da admits he's like Denis McQuade - an enigmna who is simply made for Thistle.

I'm not surprised he's coming home but a three year deal is just amazing. He'll win a Scotland cap with us.

Favourite Erskine moment?

*that* lob against Falkirk?

The 5th goal against Livingston?

The goal that won the league at Falkirk?

The goals against Berwick which showed us he might just be that wee bit special?

The list goes on.

Welcome home The Bridge.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-erskine-set-summer-return-7189014#PTs5dKPQLPh5QwL6.97

Happy to see him back but he is older, has been in and out of the side and has had some lengthy spells out with injury. If we get the old Bridge back it's a great move. Let's hope so!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

I thought he won Dundee Utd player of the year last season.

Fave goal was a volley v Airdrie. Was 0-0 we were pushing for a win in promotion season and getting close to 90 mins. Out of nowhere volley at edge of box.

1-0.

Thankyou Camallian. Even better than I remembered

Also remember Paul Paton trying like a beast in that game. Gave everything as Airdrie were so defensive.

There was another cracker that season where he took the ball at half way line beat 5 players and spotted past keeper. It made grown men jump up and down like kids. Can't remember opposition though!

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
  • Like 3

Separate thread required folks.

Quite simply the most magical Thistle player in my lifetime. For me, he's up there with Chic, Britton, Hardie and Danny Lennon as an absolute hero.

Even Da admits he's like Denis McQuade - an enigmna who is simply made for Thistle.

I'm not surprised he's coming home but a three year deal is just amazing. He'll win a Scotland cap with us.

Favourite Erskine moment?

*that* lob against Falkirk?

The 5th goal against Livingston?

The goal that won the league at Falkirk?

The goals against Berwick which showed us he might just be that wee bit special?

The list goes on.

Welcome home The Bridge.

I cannot agree. I wasn't sorry to see him go but I am sorry to hear he's coming back. Most overrated Thistle player ever.

Brilliant news, he single handedly won us promotion. When he wasn't playing well the team struggled, but more often than not he was outstanding

I don't think he single handedly won us promotion but I certainly think he was our most important player that season. Couldn't believe it when Conrad won all the POTY awards for what I thought was cheerleading reasons rather than football. For me Erskine, Bannigan, Paton and Muirhead were our best that season

• Like 1

We really don't know how good he can be in the Premiership. He has been out of favour/injured/playing with Dundee United. We will see next season once he has got confidence back.

For the potential to create special moments as highlighted by Veejag and Lambies Lost Doo, I welcome him back.

Very excited by this. He's by no means over the hill at 28, and even though he never became a regular, from the very limited attention I pay to Yinited, he seemed to overcome a very slow start, fans on his back etc., to show some real form - so he's more than capable of performing in the Premiership. Delighted to see him getting away from that sinking ship (HA!) and coming back home. He should find plenty of inspiration back at Firhill. We need creativity next season, especially if Lawless is away (and Erskine > Lawless >>>>>> Amoo).

Also, Bannigan may be away but if we're having any trouble convincing Doolan to sign up again, this isn't going to do us any harm. Win-win.

Edited by ColinKelvin

Delighted by this...! One of my favourite players of... actually, probably ever!

Remember his first game, Archies testimonial against Liverpool 11 and seeing this awkward, lanky guy from the Juniors skinning someone on the wing by doing a Zidane 360 and putting a great cross into the box. Only time I've ever seen that at a game in real life!

Actually did Banzo no do it once a couple of seasons ago?

Anyway... Welcome home Squiggy!

Until we hear anything official should we matbe taking this with a pinch of salt? For all we know the record got this off Facebook

I so hope it's true - like Doolan the guy is such a complete professional on and off the park, a complete gent and family guy. He is also 150 per cent a team player and will guve150 per cent to the red and yellow cause. He is also someone like Doolan who a lot of the younger players can learn from. As for those saying he's not spl standard well he was Dundee United player of the year last year and they finished in the top 6 - I'd be delighted to sign someone who was player of the year in a top 6 spl club

Absolutely delighted if it's true

We really don't know how good he can be in the Premiership. He has been out of favour/injured/playing with Dundee United. We will see next season once he has got confidence back.

For the potential to create special moments as highlighted by Veejag and Lambies Lost Doo, I welcome him back.

was he not player of the year for them last year?

was he not player of the year for them last year?

From what I've seen Erskine was slow to adapt to the premier league but eventually handled it very well. He can't skin players for fun these days - defenders are better quality - but he still sees a good pass, works hard and can score the odd goal. Would be a useful addition. Also he knows our system and some of the players (though not so many these days).

Still since it may not happen until end of season I'm not gettng too excited yet.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Great news, I think any signing's a gamble at some level but he will come back to us a better player and is exactly the link between the middle and front we've been missing. Only disappointment is that we may have to wait until next season, we could do with him now. At 28 he could just be reaching his peak.

I have a United supporting mate on Facebook, so often have United stuff appear on my newsfeed. From what I saw, he completely won over their support and was very popular, being recognised as one of their best players last season. I may be wrong, but I think another factor in their dramatic loss of form at the end of last season (on top of selling key players) was Erskine being injured. I wouldn't be surprised if their support is unhappy about this.

I hope we can get this sorted this window. Precontracts are easily broken, and Mixu is far from certain to stay in the job till summer. Another manager might pursuade him to stay, perhaps?

Overall, on top of sentimental reasons, I think this is great news because he's a great player and will make a big difference to this side, which often lacks his type of linking play. Excited!

• Like 1

A 3 year deal is one thing. However, I guess he isn't coming here for a drop in wages. And considering he went to United for an increase of 3 times his jags wage(allegedly), that's got to be even better for attracting other quality players.

Having said that. I think Bannigan is a better player