Ek V Celtic

Lambies Lost Doo

It should perhaps be emphasised that virtually every club would be delighted to host EK, but by the same token almost every potential host club would not wish the contaminants who follow Glasgow C into their ground for the already stated reasons of almost certain ground damage, the use of pyrotechnics, ignorant chanting, moronic banners and self righteous indignation.

I've missed why they can't play at K Park.

Surely, seen as this scenario was always a potential occurrence, the SFA should be determining where clubs play all of their games as they seem to see themselves as the voice who must be obeyed...

"You might draw Celtic at some point so you need to play all of your home ties at Hampden."

Ek's first choice themselves was to play at home.Just because they are a wee diddy team I don't think folk should be feeing sorry for them and their 'big day out' and thinking the money would set them up for life. folk calling for the game to be at Parkhead and Hampden are mental, the money for any spfl club would be huge, if we drew Celtic could we just opt to move it to Hampden to get more money? Did Stranraer do this? nope? no bloody chance! If the wee diddy teams ground aint big enough or safe enought then they shouldn't be in the competition full stop.

Maxi said we have offered Firhill as a venue and are happy to help out where possible.I think it'll probs be shifted to Broadwood though.

I heard Broadwood mentioned before they beat LTHV. I believe the Kean brothers, who are involved in EK, also have some interest in Clyde.

Do the 2 clubs share a ground?

No, no connection at all. Thistle play at the Show Park in the Village, EK play at K Park in Calderglen park. EK are trying to build a bigger ground at Langlands but can't get planning permission

Edited by jaggy