Ronnie O'sullivan Or Barry Hearn

BowenBoys

it's crass to say the least to knock back ten grand when that's a shit load of money for most people. on the other hand the amount of money professional snooker players get in relation to other sports professionals is pitiful given the much higher skill and tactical level of snooker has vis a vis other sports.

Obviously it's not relative skill levels within and between sports that determines what money can be earned by a professional.

it would be good however to see snooker get the respect it deserves in relation to other sports.

Edited by mrD

Perhaps the next question should be;

Is snooker a sport or a game?

Good question. I think the "motor skill" part comes into whether it should be considered a sport. Players need to control their movements, breathing, posture, eye-hand coordination, etc. They don't need to do that in dominoes, chess, or poker (though some might try to claim otherwise), for example.

So for me, it's a sport, in the same way as darts, archery, or pistol shooting.

But, the real difficult one is....... tiddlywinks.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

next question would be where people stand on the osullivan / hendry debate ?

Loved Hendry. Used to hate O'Sullivan but have since grown to love him and he's undoubtedly the greatest ever. Now he's almost 40 years old and seems to settled down off the table, he looks

to be playing the best snooker of his life and streets ahead of anyone else. I predict the Rocket to win his 6th worlds in April!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...